REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-30-2013, 02:08 PM   #26
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
whiners gon' whine

unless you just started up your business within the last 2 years, how did you do your accounting the last 10 years+?
Do you even own your own business or are in the accounting field? just because something was done in the last 10 years doesn't mean there isn't a more effective way of doing it now. Should the law never be updated because that's how its been for the last 20 years?
Advertisement

Cars:
02' Lexus IS300 5spd
07' BMW 323iA
05' BMW Z4 5spd
06' BMW 330i 6spd
10' Audi A4 quattro
08' BMW M3 6spd
15' Kawasaki Ninja300
08' Yamaha R6
10' Honda Ridgeline
17' Audi Q5
16' BMW X5D

Last edited by bing; 03-30-2013 at 02:48 PM.
bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:45 PM   #27
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,644 Times in 2,300 Posts
no more HST but shaw decides to jack up my bill by another 5$ WTF ! anyone else get this?
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:10 PM   #28
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,357 Times in 3,446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansterdam View Post
no more HST but shaw decides to jack up my bill by another 5$ WTF ! anyone else get this?
Everyone is going to be doing that.

With cigarettes every time the tax goes up the cigarettes also raise prices. People end up blaming the government for all of it. Anyone who buys roll your own tobacco is in for a big surprise.
Old 03-30-2013, 04:27 PM   #29
#deephouse

Thanked 4,704 Times in 1,243 Posts
April fools joke?

Old 03-30-2013, 04:32 PM   #30
My homepage has been set to RS

Fuck. Gonna get a call from mom to adjust her till at her business.
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:17 PM   #31
I STILL don't get it

not that I'm surprised. But it always makes me sad that majority of the population are so lacking in intelligence.
wstce92 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-30-2013, 07:44 PM   #32
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 4,518 Times in 691 Posts
I work in the film industry in several capacities, and the industry is already struggling thanks to Christy Clark's inaction. Losing the HST means that foreign productions don't get to claim as much tax back, and therefore have even less incentive to shoot up here. Not good for me.
1992 Nissan President Sovereign, Black
1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R, Black
1989 Nissan Skyline GTS-4, Black
1986 Porsche 944, Black
SpartanAir is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-30-2013, 08:58 PM   #33
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

I just hate it when people complain about HST on food. Fuck, if that extra 7% is gonna break ur bank maybe u shouldn't eat out in the first place. U think ur sticking to Gordo by eliminating the HST? Sorry, the reality is that ur sticking it up ur own ass. Sadly I have to deal with colleagues with this attitude.

/rant

On the bright side, my king crab dinner on Monday will be a bit cheaper.
Posted via RS Mobile

Last edited by q0192837465; 03-30-2013 at 09:04 PM.
q0192837465 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-30-2013, 09:16 PM   #34
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

I save almost $9000 from changing back from HST to GST+PST with my new condo. At the end of the day, that is money directly back into my pocket. Hard to say whether or not increased provincial govt fee and tax due to the federal repayment will exceed $9000.

I voted NO to HST and directly (short term) benefited from it. If I dont look out for myself, who will do it for me? I still remember how business community and the govt said: "the savings these local business gain will be passed directly to the consumers".

Anyways, the whole fiasco did cost me some $$$ due to the +2% transitional PST they charge on new homes.
Gnomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:48 PM   #35
nah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnomes View Post
I save almost $9000 from changing back from HST to GST+PST with my new condo. At the end of the day, that is money directly back into my pocket. Hard to say whether or not increased provincial govt fee and tax due to the federal repayment will exceed $9000.

I voted NO to HST and directly (short term) benefited from it. If I dont look out for myself, who will do it for me? I still remember how business community and the govt said: "the savings these local business gain will be passed directly to the consumers".

Anyways, the whole fiasco did cost me some $$$ due to the +2% transitional PST they charge on new homes.
The cost of doing business just increased in BC and your job might go with it.

The extra 7% I'm paying on the Cisco renewal at work is going to amount to an extra $5,000. Add a bunch of those together and you will see businesses leave BC.
nah is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-30-2013, 11:59 PM   #36
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,307 Times in 1,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnomes View Post

Hate to say it but it was this kind of attitude that got us into the situation we're in.

The shortsightedness of the average joe buying up all the immediate benefit and foregoing the future (or anyone else around them for that matter).

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-31-2013, 12:49 AM   #37
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,753 Times in 353 Posts
April fools.... no more HST
Old 03-31-2013, 08:00 AM   #38
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
I'm so done with the HST debate.

It was a colossal fuck up from day one.

Here's even better. Why switch back to the PST? Why not decouple the GST from the PST and make the PST an input tax? Nope, that wasn't a thought.

Even better...all people really wanted was the exemptions from the PST. Instead of going back to the old system, just simply make it on April 1, the following things are HST exempt, and charged at 5%? No new system, minimal hassle.

I've stated my case before that it was a shock to my business that my invoice costs went up by 7% in one day. All service based businesses would feel that burn.

Fuck up. Pure and simple.

I found it more expensive after implementation. I found the loose promise of a switch to 10% in July of 2014 just that...a loose promise. It should have been 10% from day one. THAT, right there is why I was pissed about the thing. Should have been 10%...SHOULD HAVE BEEN 10%.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:40 AM   #39
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

It's just so dumb that we spent so much money switching the system first to HST, and now back to the PST and GST. At the same time, small businesses have to change their systems too, which costs them $. Everyone loses!
djkazio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:05 AM   #40
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,307 Times in 1,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djkazio View Post
It's just so dumb that we spent so much money switching the system first to HST, and now back to the PST and GST. At the same time, small businesses have to change their systems too, which costs them $. Everyone loses!
The federal government paid us and gave us money to switch to the HST system. We were in the green when we made the switch.

However, with the switch back, we have to give the money back to the fed (along with potential penalties) AND it'll cost us all the money required to switch back.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-31-2013, 01:30 PM   #41
-Stare-

Thanked 8,013 Times in 648 Posts
will fitness equipments still be 12%?
ShadowBun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:55 PM   #42
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
Im not surprised that with HST gone, government will find some other way to get the money...
Old 03-31-2013, 09:52 PM   #43
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
watch income tax go up now.

if the government needs X about of tax revenue in a year, they are going to get it. and id rather they get it from something i can sort of control (my own personal spending) than skimming it off the top before i even get it (taxing me simply for the privilege of working hard for my money)
Old 03-31-2013, 10:06 PM   #44
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,031 Times in 2,071 Posts
HST.

GST.

PST.

At the end of the day, the gov't will get what they want from us.

And we'll bitch.

/story

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:37 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
The federal government paid us and gave us money to switch to the HST system. We were in the green when we made the switch.

However, with the switch back, we have to give the money back to the fed (along with potential penalties) AND it'll cost us all the money required to switch back.
And the feds get there money from?
Old 04-01-2013, 12:00 AM   #46
nah

I say F the Liberals, they implemented it and then took it back. Stick to your guns, idiot Christy Clark thought she could win back support by letting it go to a vote. She's going to lose by 10 pts in the election and we're going to have dark days in our Province with a NDP government.

The migration of people to other provinces will continue and our economy will tank. Here's an image that shows a scary trend (from vreaa).
nah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:08 AM   #47
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
watch income tax go up now.

if the government needs X about of tax revenue in a year, they are going to get it. and id rather they get it from something i can sort of control (my own personal spending) than skimming it off the top before i even get it (taxing me simply for the privilege of working hard for my money)
And, of course, because the NDP will be at the help, the libs will instantly jump on them for having "obviously and clearly" been intending to raise income taxes since the get go, and that this is why we were stupid to vote them in and they will be ruinous for the province.

Ah, attack politics.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-01-2013, 01:53 AM   #48

Spent 2 hours changing our till system and cig prices and still more to do tomorrow. What a waste of time.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:38 AM   #49
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Look for food prices to jump up today.
I remembered Tim Hortons jacked up prices by a few cents the day HST came into effect, so people will think "Blame the HST"
Old 04-01-2013, 07:42 AM   #50
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Spent 2 hours changing our till system and cig prices and still more to do tomorrow. What a waste of time.
That's why I'm glad I have people back in Toronto to do it for me.

Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote