REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-02-2013, 10:03 PM   #26
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splmash View Post
Look for the guy in Affliction bicep curling in the squat rack.
Oh, is that what they're calling it now?
Advertisement
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:11 PM   #27
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,017 Times in 7,108 Posts
One more black mark against a demonized breed of dog, that has no business being demonized. One more step towards a breed specific legislation that has no place, because of a stupid fuck that can't train or handle their dog, or take appropriate action to solve the problem he caused. I'm disgusted. Put the owner down, I'll take the dog, and take him to his first obedience class this weekend. Every time an event like this tarnishes the reputation of a whole group of dogs to the public that will end up blinded by media sensationalism, and creates many more judgemental individuals to claim "all pitbulls are killers" because of irresponsible owners, my heart breaks.

Last edited by westopher; 05-02-2013 at 11:16 PM.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-29-2013, 04:47 PM   #28
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
Unfortunately looks like the attacker got the upper hand in this one.. but at least his name is on the net?

After $20,000 in vet bills, New Westminster sheltie recovering from attack

After $20,000 in vet bills, New Westminster sheltie recovering from attack

Burnaby SPCA investigating attack

BY STEFANIA SECCIA, BURNABY NOWMAY 29, 2013 1:40 PM

Recovering: Darren Pilling's dog Finley is on the mend after a larger dog attacked the three-year-old sheltie while the two were out for a walk at Burnaby's Fraser Foreshore Park.
Photograph by: Larry Wright, BURNABY NOW
METRO VANCOUVER -- Despite the brutal attack that happened in late April, New Westminster resident Darren Pilling and his three-year-old sheltie, Finley, are back to hanging out at work together.

On April 22 at Burnaby's Fraser Foreshore Park, Pilling and his dog went on a walk that took an unexpected turn for the worst when a large, unleashed dog attacked Finley, which later resulted in an altercation between the two dog owners.

"(Finley's) good," Pilling told the Burnaby NOW. "She's with me at work, out of the hospital. So that's all good."

Finley was hospitalized for two weeks because the attack resulted in her losing a tremendous amount of blood and put a hole in her stomach, according to Pilling.

He said the veterinarian bills now exceed $20,000, as well.

"She had four surgeries and she was resuscitated three times, which means she was close to dying three times," he said. "The money; I'll figure out how to pay it all back."

Finley has no fur on one of her legs and her scars underneath have healed, but she's no longer the friendly and energetic dog Pilling knew before the attack occurred.

"She's a little more skittish compared to normal," he said. "She's usually super, super outgoing. She's not quite there. I don't know if that'll come back. She didn't want to go to the house for awhile. She sleeps all day - it's not normal for her.

"I wouldn't wish this on any-body, not even the guy who did this to us."

After Pilling's dog was attacked, he and Alexandru Radacina, the owner of the large dog that attacked Finley, exchanged words that resulted in an altercation, during which Pilling was also bitten on the leg by the large dog.

Radacina had refused to give Pilling his name or information, but a witness took photos of Radacina from behind and posted the incident on Craigslist.

The police found Burnaby resident Radacina, arrested him and charged him with assault, according to Burnaby RCMP Cpl. Dave Reid.

Radacina appeared before a provincial court judge in Vancouver late last week and the charges were stayed, as it was not clear who started the fight, Reid said, and the dog was not commanded to attack Pilling.

The Burnaby branch of the B.C. SPCA is now looking into the incident, according to branch manager, Ryan Voutilainen.

He said there are no other complaints lodged against the dog or its owner, Radacina, and Radacina is willing to comply with the city's animal control bylaw.

When the investigation is closed, the SPCA will work with the city and discuss how to move forward, Voutilainen said.

According to Burnaby's animal control bylaw, a vicious dog must be muzzled, and if it exhibits aggressive behaviour in an off-leash area, it must be leashed immediately.

For more information about dog off-leash areas and Burnaby's animal control bylaw, which is currently under review, visit Home.

Click here to read more stories from The Burnaby Now.

© Copyright (c) Burnaby Now
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:59 PM   #29
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

fucking piece of shit needs to be put down. the OWNER not the dog.
Integgyy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-29-2013, 05:03 PM   #30

Bet that nice truck of his could fetch an easy $20k.

Just sayin'...
Quote:
Old 05-29-2013, 05:13 PM   #31
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
RS beatdown crew or should we send the info to 4chan LOL.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-29-2013, 05:33 PM   #32
Banned By Establishment

Can anyone actually prove its the owner and not dog? sorry, but you don't see golden retrievers in news for attacks. Its pittbulls.
predom is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-29-2013, 05:36 PM   #33
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
but we dont know what started it all.. we cant all assume its the pitbull's fault..
Old 05-29-2013, 05:43 PM   #34
Director of RS Cares

Googled his name...don't know if that's him in the few articles...but if it is..doesn't scream model citizen...
Posted via RS Mobile
miss_crayon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:54 PM   #35
I STILL don't get it

-nothing- makes me sicker than girls that date trash like that.

slit her throat.
wreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:35 PM   #36
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nates View Post
slit her throat.
dude.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:24 PM   #37
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

.nm edited
Valour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:30 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by predom View Post
Can anyone actually prove its the owner and not dog? sorry, but you don't see golden retrievers in news for attacks. Its pittbulls.
Anyone with half a brain can sort out why its that way in the news. Pitbulls are disproportionately in the hands of shitty owners because of their reputation. Remember when it was rottwiellers? Probably not..... Secondly, bored people love a witch hunt. The news knows a pitbull story gets people up in arms, on both sides. Opinionated people=outspoken people=attention=ratings. Come say hi to my pitbull, or any other of us that have one at the next meet. Monty has a camo collar, he's brown and black and has pointy ears because he's part german shepard. Put your face 3 inches from his, look straight at him and I'd put 1000 bucks on the table your face will get licked. His personality nothing to do with his breed, it only has to do with his personality. Dogs are individuals just like humans, and most often are products of their environment.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-29-2013, 09:03 PM   #39

Thanked 3,046 Times in 1,176 Posts
There must be golden retrievers with shitty owners. Why don't these dogs attack people?
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:15 PM   #40

Heres your Golden retriever, and it ends with a dismemberment. It doesn't even need to be a shitty owner. Shit happens. Sometimes its the owner, sometimes its the fact that dogs are animals, and their closest relatives are wolves.
Dog killed 2-month-old baby, ripped child?s legs off while father slept in other room: police - NY Daily News
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by westopher; 05-30-2013 at 08:24 AM.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:19 PM   #41
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,561 Times in 455 Posts
Quote:
How many 'thugs', tryin' to look all tough and 'gangster', buy a golden? Zero. They're not very intimidating, nor do they have the status of a Pitt Bull, Rotti, etc. It's these bullshit owners that don't follow through with the proper training THAT EVERY DOG NEEDS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
There must be golden retrievers with shitty owners. Why don't these dogs attack people?
They do, you just don't hear about it as often. I've been bitten by a handful of dogs over the years, and guess what? They've ALL been small, 'lap dogs', that were 20lbs and under. You know what the owners did? Nothing. Because they haven't spent anytime training, and they think just because it's a small dog, it's no big deal.

Some of the nicest dogs I've met, have been Pitt Bulls, or Pitt mixes. They're not bad dogs.
Lowered_Klass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:26 PM   #42
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:

Yeah, just screams killer dog, doesn't it? And yes, those two are inseparable, even when it comes to bed time.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-29-2013, 09:32 PM   #43

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post

Yeah, just screams killer dog, doesn't it? And yes, those two are inseparable, even when it comes to bed time.
Those bully breeds are nothing but man eaters, hide your children.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-29-2013, 09:41 PM   #44

Lets talk numbers, but I'm going on the states stats because they are readily available. Granted, its different, but probability is probability. 30+% of dogs in shelters are some form of pitbull mix. What dogs are most likely to end up in shelters? Dogs that were owned by people with a disinterest of dogs. Not all dogs end up there for that reason, but I'm sure we can agree that its fairly likely that if you REALLY care about your dog, under almost any circumstances you will either sacrifice to keep him, or rehome him without ever entering the shelter system. People who DON'T care about their dogs are pretty unlikely to worry about any proper socialization or training. See where I'm going with this? There is a direct correspondence between dogs in shelters, and dogs that have been neglected. Pitbulls have been blamed for around 30% of the dog bites in the U.S. Collies are around 15%, Chihuahuas are around 25%, Huskies around 20%. The numbers aren't nearly as high as reports would have you believe. Retrievers are 15%, Labs are 7, lab mixes are 7. I know the numbers don't add up, but remember there are overlaps for mixed breeds. In the 90s, Rottis were in the pitbulls position, because they were the "it" dog for people who wanted to be tough.
Statistics for temperament tests from the ATTS
"In December 2010, the American Temperament Test Society showed the American pit bull terrier scored an overall temperament rating of 83.9%, compared to the 77% score of the general dog population."

All in all, numbers don't mean shit. News stories don't mean shit. A dog is a dog, with its own personality. Any breed can bite, and obviously the stronger the dog, the bigger the damage. A dog shouldn't be judged by its breed, just as humans shouldn't be judged by race.
Heres my dog submitting to a 20lb puppy while playing, and making sure he's playing fair.

edit: spoon fed, lomac, and quasi. I love you all.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 05-30-2013, 12:04 AM   #45
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
^
And before Rotti's, the German Shepard was the dog to be scared of. Every decade or two it seems to change.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-30-2013, 04:39 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
^
And before Rotti's, the German Shepard was the dog to be scared of. Every decade or two it seems to change.
Don't forget the Dobermans - they were the "tough guy/guard dogs" in much of the 80s (thinking particularly of Zeus and Apollo from "magnum p.i.").
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 05-30-2013, 07:22 AM   #47
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy

Thanked 6,021 Times in 1,129 Posts
this is why everyone should just get cats... the only thing you will hear in the news is that they may get hit by cars... fcking cats...

just look how stupid this thing is... couldnt hurt anything but its own brain cells

but for srs, its a shitty thing to do for someone just to leave like that, im sure the owner will get caught and hopefully he has to sell his trailer/home to pay the vet bill
snails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:32 AM   #48
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,121 Times in 669 Posts
honestly I feel that this victims little dog Possibly triggered the fight to go down, but of course no one is going to believe that.

its just sad that this pit will have to be put down because of a dumb ass owner.

I hope within the next decade things will change and pitbull will not be labeled as vicious dog breed.
xilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:56 AM   #49
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,490 Times in 570 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
When was the last time you saw a tattied juiced up lookin thug totin around a golden retriever? Never its all about image and thats exactly what these types of people have created for these dogs and they flaunt it.

11938 95a Ave Delta
I can be reached VIA text @ 778-232-1465

Oil change special $70 5 liters synthetic oil including OEM filter Fender rolling from $45 per fender
Car Audio:
Focal, Morel, Genesis, Clarion, Scosche, Escort, Compustar, GReddy, Blitz, Tomei, Motul, Endless, Defi, Cusco, Nismo + More

We specialize in:
Custom Car Audio
Race/4x4 Fabrication
Forced Induction
Engine Swaps
General Maintenance
Phil@rise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:05 AM   #50
Survivor MOD

Thanked 1,615 Times in 574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nates View Post
-nothing- makes me sicker than girls that date trash like that.

slit her throat.
wut?
T4RAWR is offline   Reply With Quote