REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2013, 09:59 PM   #1
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
shenmecar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 8,854
Thanked 2,417 Times in 668 Posts
Vancouver's most sensational homes up for grabs

Some highlights:

Quote:


Designed by architect Bob Turner, this residence is situated on a gated estate, offering ocean and island views. The home is made of concrete, steel, zinc, natural stone and glass on three levels of living. The four-bedroom 5,200-sqare-foot residence offers a dramatic, open plan of living with a warm ambiance and includes a sparkling outdoor infinity-edge pool & hot tub, sun-drenched patio space, casual lounge areas surrounded by lush rock gardens and panoramic ocean and coastline views of Vancouver's Inner Harbour. $7.498 million.
Quote:


Luxury oceanfront home directly on the beach, private terrace, swimming pool and spectacular views. $9,875,000, 4367 Erwin Drive, Cypress, West Vancouver.
Quote:


Stunning home with sweeping ocean and island views in White Rock, featuring a floating pool (with outdoor fireplace), wine cellar, triple car garage. Yours for $6,488,000. 1755 Ocean Park Rd, Crescent Beach.
Quote:


A luxurious private estate on 1.6 acres of land, with crystal chandeliers, private courtyard, chef's dream kitchen, home theatre, steam room and more. $6,280,000, 17371 Fedoruk Road, East Richmond.
Quote:


A magnificent estate in North Vancouver above Indian Arm's cliff and rock formations. We're talking coastline views, home theatre, bar, wine cellar... the works. Listed at $7,990,000, at 2888 Panorama Drive, Deep Cove.
Quote:


A luxury 3,280-sq-ft condo in Coal Harbour with 270-degree views, a 290-sq-ft terrace with outdoor fireplace, 3 ensuites and family room. Priced at $7,990,000. #3002 277 Thurlow St.
Quote:


This condo has "wow view" factor, located on Coal Harbour waterfront, with its huge landscaped deck, home theatre and sophisticated fixtures. It will only set you back $5,800,000. At $1901 1077 W Cordova St.
moar at: Bizarre and breathtaking: Vancouver's most sensational homes up for grabs
Advertisement
__________________
2014 Honda Civic Si
shenmecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:16 PM   #2
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: surrey
Posts: 2,035
Thanked 3,872 Times in 695 Posts
Quote:
Stunning home with sweeping ocean and island views in White Rock, featuring a floating pool (with outdoor fireplace), wine cellar, triple car garage. Yours for $6,488,000. 1755 Ocean Park Rd, Crescent Beach
thats actually in Surrey
vitaminG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-08-2013, 10:42 PM   #3
I don't get it
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 403
Thanked 248 Times in 90 Posts
I remember in 2004, when my family was living in Kits (5th and Alma) and houses in the area were starting to hit the $1.5 million mark, I asked my dad why house prices were so high. And he told me "supply and demand". So many people want to live on the west side, but there isn't enough land; as a result for some properties the land is worth more than the house. We moved to Burnaby in November 2009, at that time the RE bubble was at its peak. I remember plots of land in Dunbar and Point Grey selling for $2-2.5 million. The bubble squeezed my family out of Vancouver and now we live in subsidized housing. (For the record,

And before anyone says Asians are buying up homes. people of all creed and colours do it, either for the lifestyle, to settle here or to get rich. It's people born and raised here, from the Interior, from the Island, Alberta, Ontario, Quebec, the US, Europe, Australia...the demand to live here comes from people worldwide.

Now, I'm one of those curmudgeons who thinks that a house is a home-a place to help you raise a family, to plant roots, to develop a career-and less of an investment or status symbol. But my way of thinking is not the way of the future, at least in Vancouver. S'okay. I'm alive, I'm healthy, I have family. I'll survive.

Last edited by BurnoutBinLaden; 05-08-2013 at 10:54 PM.
BurnoutBinLaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:50 PM   #4
My homepage has been set to RS
 
drunkrussian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,308
Thanked 824 Times in 340 Posts
wow where the hell is that richmond one lol...kinda random
drunkrussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:58 PM   #5
I am Hook'd on RS
 
Dickson_Top's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: vansteredam
Posts: 52
Thanked 313 Times in 13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnoutBinLaden View Post
I remember in 2004, when my family was living in Kits (5th and Alma) and houses in the area were starting to hit the $1.5 million mark, I asked my dad why house prices were so high. And he told me "supply and demand". So many people want to live on the west side, but there isn't enough land; as a result for some properties the land is worth more than the house. We moved to Burnaby in November 2009, at that time the RE bubble was at its peak. I remember plots of land in Dunbar and Point Grey selling for $2-2.5 million. The bubble squeezed my family out of Vancouver and now we live in subsidized housing.
And now you're suffering in the far-off burbs of Burnaby. Oh the horrors!
Dickson_Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:04 PM   #6
I don't get it
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 403
Thanked 248 Times in 90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickson_Top View Post
And now you're suffering in the far-off burbs of Burnaby. Oh the horrors!
I hope I did not sound ungrateful. It's a 10 minute bus ride to SFU and I live in an area surrounded by greenery. And it's so quiet, we would always hear emergency vehicles screaming down 4th, and rip roaring Harleys in the summer. Burnaby is awesome.
BurnoutBinLaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:36 PM   #7
Marcosexual Fan Club, CEO
 
Marco911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: US Bush-country
Posts: 7,738
Thanked 822 Times in 284 Posts
Not sure why anyone would pay over $2M to live in White Rock or Surrey.
__________________
Poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another.
Marco911 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-09-2013, 12:12 AM   #8
HELP ME PLS!!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 5,544
Thanked 652 Times in 346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco911 View Post
Not sure why anyone would pay over $2M to live in White Rock or Surrey.
It's waterfront property with a nice view. For some, 2 million is just spare change.
willystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:53 AM   #9
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy
 
daica-viet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: van dutch
Posts: 344
Thanked 360 Times in 58 Posts
i thought britsh properties would be on this list
daica-viet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:09 AM   #10
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Mr.Money's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vancouver DT
Posts: 2,955
Thanked 2,216 Times in 624 Posts
pfft,7 million? Look what 3 million bought me

__________________
Fly Your Own Flag.
Mr.Money is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:42 AM   #11
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday
 
punkwax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: South Surrey
Posts: 5,295
Thanked 4,192 Times in 1,316 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnoutBinLaden View Post
So many people want to live on the west side, but there isn't enough land; as a result for some properties the land is worth more than the house.
In the GVA, land is pretty much ALWAYS worth more than the house. You invest in the land, not the structure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco911 View Post
Not sure why anyone would pay over $2M to live in White Rock or Surrey.
Ignorance is bliss.
__________________
If you drive like an asshole, you probably are one.
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-09-2013, 07:59 AM   #12
I have named my kids VIC and VLS
 
Hondaracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Off-Topic
Posts: 27,728
Thanked 7,281 Times in 2,573 Posts
That deep cove place is very nice you can see it from the water easy but no way I'm paying that price to have people walking around my place all day long, almost no privacy there
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:01 AM   #13
I have named my kids VIC and VLS
 
Hondaracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Off-Topic
Posts: 27,728
Thanked 7,281 Times in 2,573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco911 View Post
Not sure why anyone would pay over $2M to live in White Rock or Surrey.
Through friends I know that a few former CEO's of very large local companies live around the water front in between the strip and crescent beach, I'm assuming they choose to go there because you can actually purchase privacy as opposed to the north shore where your looking into your neighbors kitchen for 15m
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-09-2013, 09:26 AM   #14
My homepage has been set to RS
 
melloman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: #604
Posts: 2,253
Thanked 2,439 Times in 806 Posts
^^ Abit of an exaggeration, 15mil in North Shore could definitely get you privacy.

But regardless, there's tons of properties worth TONS of money in the GVRD that people probably don't know of. In my area of Central Burnaby, I know of afew houses that are worth about $7-10million for house & property. (And thats in Burnaby)

For reference, we sold my grandmas house in Vancouver about 5 years ago. It was on 8th Ave, just West of Vine. The house was bought in 1955 for $55,000. 5 years ago the property (old shitty house) sold for around $1.4million. The house was estimated at about $100,000. Thus the property alone was worth $1.3mil. Just to give an idea of the crazy RE market and inflation locally.
__________________
Quote:
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:14 AM   #15
Banned By Establishment
 
Gridlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New West
Posts: 3,998
Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
I don't look at those as all that extreme.

You are telling me that I'm entering a Vancouver mansion for 13 times the base price for a detached house on nowhere street in New West?

That doesn't describe real estate extremism to me. The fact that the crap shack on a postage stamp sized lot dwarfed by apartment buildings across the street from me is $450k...THAT's the problem in real estate.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:23 AM   #16
Head Moderator
 
Lomac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1982
Location: Great White Nor
Posts: 22,586
Thanked 6,400 Times in 2,052 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco911 View Post
Not sure why anyone would pay over $2M to live in White Rock or Surrey.
And I don't understand why some people are willing to spend that much on a shoebox of an apartment to live in downtown Vancouver.


It's all about preferences. I would way rather live in White Rock/Crescent Beach than most other cities in the GVRD.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-09-2013, 10:26 AM   #17
Marcosexual Fan Club, CEO
 
Marco911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: US Bush-country
Posts: 7,738
Thanked 822 Times in 284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by willystyle View Post
It's waterfront property with a nice view. For some, 2 million is just spare change.
Yeah but you're out in the boonies. It's like an hour to the nearest Louis Vuitton store.
__________________
Poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another.
Marco911 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-09-2013, 10:34 AM   #18
Marcosexual Fan Club, CEO
 
Marco911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: US Bush-country
Posts: 7,738
Thanked 822 Times in 284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
And I don't understand why some people are willing to spend that much on a shoebox of an apartment to live in downtown Vancouver.


It's all about preferences. I would way rather live in White Rock/Crescent Beach than most other cities in the GVRD.
Are you serious? If you rather live in White Rock/Crescent Beach, you should also consider moving to Tofino. It's nice enough for a weekend, but anything longer and YAWN! Is there even a Whole Foods out there yet?

If you've made enough coin to own a property over >$2M, you probably want to be near nice dining, high-end shopping, entertainment, commercial offices and live in a neighbourhood with similar demographics.

BTW, 2M will get you a fairly nice apt downtown and nice home for a family in North Van, so there's absolutely no reason to live about 70 km from civilisation.
__________________
Poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another.
Marco911 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-09-2013, 10:56 AM   #19
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 4,351
Thanked 1,791 Times in 822 Posts
^ Unless, you need the space to store your stable of sports cars. There are not many mansions in Vancouver that have sufficient extra space for say 5-6 cars.

I know of a fairly rich person who chose to buy property in south Surrey. Rich people don't become rich by spending more money than necessary.
Posted via RS Mobile
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-09-2013, 12:33 PM   #20
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS
 
Manic!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Nanaimo
Posts: 10,372
Thanked 3,811 Times in 1,740 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco911 View Post
Yeah but you're out in the boonies. It's like an hour to the nearest Louis Vuitton store.

Not every person wants to dress like your favorite rapper. There are lots of multi millionaires that shop at walmart and don't own a $200 pair of jeans.
__________________
I don't need an amplifier I'm already big, best on any track call me the Stig - Shizzo

Dusty Nuggets Rusty Shackleford Cuntar
Manic! is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-09-2013, 12:53 PM   #21
I don't get it
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 403
Thanked 248 Times in 90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Not every person wants to dress like your favorite rapper. There are lots of multi millionaires that shop at walmart and don't own a $200 pair of jeans.
I can confirm this, I went to high school with a guy whose dad is a very high profile doctor at VGH, and their family also has oil wealth. They are not the kind of family to be flashy or conspicuous, the guy's first car was a Taurus.
BurnoutBinLaden is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-09-2013, 02:42 PM   #22
My homepage has been set to RS
 
sdubfid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: AB/BC
Posts: 2,047
Thanked 991 Times in 311 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by melloman View Post
^^ Abit of an exaggeration, 15mil in North Shore could definitely get you privacy.

But regardless, there's tons of properties worth TONS of money in the GVRD that people probably don't know of. In my area of Central Burnaby, I know of afew houses that are worth about $7-10million for house & property. (And thats in Burnaby)

For reference, we sold my grandmas house in Vancouver about 5 years ago. It was on 8th Ave, just West of Vine. The house was bought in 1955 for $55,000. 5 years ago the property (old shitty house) sold for around $1.4million. The house was estimated at about $100,000. Thus the property alone was worth $1.3mil. Just to give an idea of the crazy RE market and inflation locally.
I might be wrong but that's about 6% per year return not including inflation, not too crazy. But when you see $55000-$1400000 it looks crazy without factoring 50+ years.
Inflation from 55-70's approx 2%
From 70's to mid 80's approx 6%
Mid 80's to early 90's approx 4%
90's to current approx 1-2%

If your grandma bought a brand new 1955 chevy nomad for $2500 and only drove it to church it would have the same rate of return as the house/property.
sdubfid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:41 PM   #23
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
fsy82's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: New Westminster
Posts: 3,038
Thanked 705 Times in 239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco911 View Post
Are you serious? If you rather live in White Rock/Crescent Beach, you should also consider moving to Tofino. It's nice enough for a weekend, but anything longer and YAWN! Is there even a Whole Foods out there yet?

If you've made enough coin to own a property over >$2M, you probably want to be near nice dining, high-end shopping, entertainment, commercial offices and live in a neighbourhood with similar demographics.

BTW, 2M will get you a fairly nice apt downtown and nice home for a family in North Van, so there's absolutely no reason to live about 70 km from civilisation.
I live near white rock and I'm assuming you haven't been there lately. There has been massive development in the retail sector there. Big name stores have moved in. To say White Rock is in the boonies is a pretty stupid statement and one that has no factual basis.
fsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-09-2013, 04:45 PM   #24
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!
 
Mr.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Richmond
Posts: 1,322
Thanked 1,696 Times in 424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco911 View Post
Are you serious? If you rather live in White Rock/Crescent Beach, you should also consider moving to Tofino. It's nice enough for a weekend, but anything longer and YAWN! Is there even a Whole Foods out there yet?

If you've made enough coin to own a property over >$2M, you probably want to be near nice dining, high-end shopping, entertainment, commercial offices and live in a neighbourhood with similar demographics.

BTW, 2M will get you a fairly nice apt downtown and nice home for a family in North Van, so there's absolutely no reason to live about 70 km from civilisation.
No offense, but if I made enough money to drop $2MM plus on a property, I wouldn't buy it anywhere in the Lower Mainland.
__________________
Have an E38? Check out E38Registry.org!

http://www.e38registry.org/
Mr.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:04 PM   #25
Marcosexual Fan Club, CEO
 
Marco911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: US Bush-country
Posts: 7,738
Thanked 822 Times in 284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapioca View Post
^ Unless, you need the space to store your stable of sports cars. There are not many mansions in Vancouver that have sufficient extra space for say 5-6 cars.

I know of a fairly rich person who chose to buy property in south Surrey. Rich people don't become rich by spending more money than necessary.
Posted via RS Mobile
Priorities. Most wealthy people value being near the core downtown area for the reasons I listed than far out from the city.
__________________
Poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another.
Marco911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net