REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   OpenRoad Toyota Richmond experiences? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/683951-openroad-toyota-richmond-experiences.html)

tru_blue 05-12-2013 12:43 AM

OpenRoad Toyota Richmond experiences?

I would like to purchase a new car from them soon, any experiences with this Toyota dealership specifically? I know there are some negative ones regarding openroad Hyundai but what about this one? Any good or bad experiences with a certain sales person ?

Thanks in advance !

rsx10 05-12-2013 01:06 AM

See Stan Yeung, good guy to deal with.

68style 05-12-2013 07:25 AM

It's 10 years ago so maybe not relevant anymore, but I still laugh when I remember in 2003 my Dad and my sister were both buying cars at the same time (Toyota Highlander and Toyota Corolla) they had already made up their minds and we were in Richmond Toyota... trying to get a salesperson to help us... nobody would... receptionist paged for a salesperson... nothing... she rolled her eyes and then she paged "Mandarin speaking salesperson to the front desk please" and this fat asian guy ran out there so fast I thought he was going to have a heart attack... you should have seen his face fall when he saw a bunch of white people standing there.

In retrospect, should have punished them for being prejudiced and walked... but he was pretty helpful in the end.

Teknique 05-12-2013 07:36 AM

I went to OpenRoad Richmond recently to look at cars for my girlfriend.
It's a fairly minor thing, but while looking at several cars I noticed there was no Camry on the floor and not a single salesperson came forward to help me find it. I suppose I could have flagged someone down, but this was not a problem at the Nissan nor Mazda dealerships. The difference just stuck with me.

Good luck with the purchase.

k2damax 05-12-2013 07:36 AM

I went in to look at the frs and wanted a test drive this one salesman asked for my age then said no and told me to take a driving course from bmw on how to drive then continued to bash on me and saying how im going to wrap it around a pole etc and then he compared the car to higher end cars like the s4,m3 etc...

rawr 05-12-2013 08:57 AM

I had an extremely pleasant experience with mohammed
Posted via RS Mobile

Akinari 05-12-2013 09:01 AM

I work at a Toyota dealership, and I'm just going to say that, looking at the internal dealer rankings, OpenRoad is not too high.

Gtrr33 05-12-2013 09:42 AM

i say try Jim Patterson instead, buddy just got a FRS from them and got a better price with add ons without extra charges.

take your time and shop around you will be surprise how dealers are priced differently.

OpenRoad thinks they are a brand name so they charge higher for some reason.

Mr.Jay 05-12-2013 10:13 AM

Go somewhere else. I recommend Regency if you are looking for a Toyota (Talk to Eric)

I bought my FRS at OpenRoad it was my first new car and I am totally put off by the exp.

Terrible.

Was no 1 on their wait list for the frs they told me it was in 3 times before it actually came and when it did they sold it to someone else and tried to lie to me about it. ( guy the sold it to I am in the same car club with) the service manager is an idiot who wouldn't take 5 steps outside the door to look at my car when I complained about a gap instead belittled me by saying this is prob my first new car and first sports car and that its normal cause the frs makes so much tq when there only 1 car in their whole showroom that makes less (iq).

They also washed the car when I asked them not too and when I complained that they causes a bunch of swirls in my paint from their washing job they tried to blame it on me.

tofu1413 05-12-2013 11:59 AM

being a car sales guy myself, I have went there on several occasions to look at Toyotas with a friend of mine that was seriously consider a Camry Hybrid.

0 service. not even a simple greet or nod. The least they could have done is "welcome to Toyota, my name is ________ , feel free to ask any questions you might have!" then walk away.

Nope. nothing. not even a simple greet speech. I know its a volume store and all, but that is the least they could have done.

Having said this, it is quite ridiculous. There is proper service and greets throughout the automall! Approaching a customer and at least saying Hi would go a long way.. it is perhaps the worst Toyota I have went to when it comes to service.

Need a deal with a Toyota? no problem bud. PM me. I have a Toyota Fleet mgr I deal with.

VRYALT3R3D 05-12-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k2damax (Post 8235387)
I went in to look at the frs and wanted a test drive this one salesman asked for my age then said no and told me to take a driving course from bmw on how to drive then continued to bash on me and saying how im going to wrap it around a pole etc and then he compared the car to higher end cars like the s4,m3 etc...

You should let the sales manager/dealer principal know of your experience.

Euro7r 05-12-2013 01:12 PM

Go to Regency Toyota. Ask for Bill if you are planning to get at Toyota model. My dad just recently got his Toyota from there, nothing but great service. Bill even offered to let us test out other Toyota cars even though my dad intended to buy a Corolla from the beginning.

Open Road Toyota in Richmond is ridiculous. No greeting, no one asked if we needed any help. They have this stupid guy that is some product advisor and all he does is go around reading the information of the sheet of paper that is stuck onto the car. Do I look like a dumbass and can't read it. My dad wasn't happy with their crap service and went to Regency and bought his Toyota.

godwin 05-12-2013 01:45 PM

That is a waste of time, most of the sales manager and dealer principle are complicit in this. Especially since the sales person is doing it by commission, as long as the sales results are there and they are pocketing the profit, they don't care.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VRYALT3R3D (Post 8235514)
You should let the sales manager/dealer principal know of your experience.

tofu1413 05-12-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by godwin (Post 8235591)
That is a waste of time, most of the sales manager and dealer principle are complicit in this. Especially since the sales person is doing it by commission, as long as the sales results are there and they are pocketing the profit, they don't care.

well, they only would care if you already have bought one and gave them absolutely crap scores on their CSI :fuckyea:

(then complain to regional head office :troll: )

keifun 05-12-2013 06:10 PM

3 years ago, went to Open Road Toyota with my dad to look for a RAV4. Ended up walking away because the service was crap. No greetings when we entered, and when we had a few questions about the car, no one was to be found.

Ended up going to Regency Toyota on Kingsway instead.

Is it me that most of the horrible car dealerships are in Richmond? (Open Road Toyota/ Richmond Acura/Richmond Subaru) comes to mind

narfy 05-12-2013 08:26 PM

keep in mind, in vancouver, there are 3 toyota dealers... Regency, JP downtown, and granville...

there are 3 honda dealerships in vancouver as well... destination, carter and vancouver honda...

in richmond, there is usually only one of each dealer... they feel the business is funnelled into them... even though that clearly isn't the case and the smart shopper knows they have options...

k3mps 05-12-2013 10:32 PM

This may not be of much help because I can't remember the salesmans name..

My dad was interested in getting a Highlander, possibly a Hybrid.
We went to JP Northshore because we were already at the automall looking for a car for me.
There was a young Asian salesman that greeted us that spoke decent english who helped us and made the entire experience amazing.
Now granted my dad didn't get the deal he really wanted, but the salesman was very helpful and nice, and really tried to talk his manager into getting us a deal.
The General Sales Manager Don came out to talk to us about the deal we wanted and said it couldn't be done of course, but was very respectful and courteous while doing so.
Sorry I can't find the salesman's name/number, or his profile on the staff page.
Might have been Daniel..

Dono about the rest of the people on here, but JP Northshore Toyota is definitely a +1 in my books

T4RAWR 05-12-2013 10:38 PM

fuck that place royally.

open road toyota isnt good enough to lick the dog shit off the bottom of my boots.

open road hyundai and lexus werent great either. at hyundai i got hassled like crazy and at lexus no one even bothered helping until we flagged someone over and told them we wanted to buy 2 cars. my whole experience with open road has been short of getting shafted by a baseball bat with rusty nails in it.

long story short.

i put a down payment and got in line for my 4runner. at the time the guy offered 12k for my trade in. 3 months later i find out that the new 4runners are in and they just happen to have a mag gray trail edition on display on the show room floor.

i go into take a look and ask the guy who was handling my sale when mine was going to arrive. he says that the one on the floor is mine.

i was there for over an hour watching people get in, get out, try all the features, fuck with the knobs, slam the tailgate, etc etc. the whole time thinking, great my vehicle has been lovingly fondled by a fuck load of people for the last 3 days. at this point i'm fairly pissed off but hey, i guess they'll make it right since the vehicle is no longer new and has been put out on demo.

nope, tells me that i'll need to pay full price to get it cause its such a new vehicle.?

wtf?

i explain that its no longer a new vehicle as people have fucked with it for the last 3 days. we go back and forth and finally he goes, ok ok, i will see if i can get you some free oil changes or something. seriously? wtf is that bullshit.

the discussion moves onto the trade in. 3 months earlier i was quoted 12k for my trade in. i'd put a few km on it so i expected it to drop, maybe 11k or 10k at most, they had similar cars on the lot with higher kms selling for about 12k. i bussed and avoided driving my car to keep the km's minimal so i didnt expect what was coming next.

he tells me that it is now worth, 8500. at this point it was fucking retarded. i asked for my deposit back and walked out. as i was leaving the dude comes running to the door and says oh hey wait we can work something out come on be reasonable.

didnt even turn around, i just left.

i've had other friends go into open road toyota and leave pissed off or dissatisfied with their customer service and went elsewhere.

fuck that place. fuck open road, go buy your cars from somewhere else. i ended up going to westminster toyota and got my 4runner from them, sister picked up her new rav4 from them as well. both times it was a pleasure to deal with them.

i'm sure there will be people who had a great experience with open road, my advice? stay the fuck away from that place

bcrdukes 05-12-2013 10:43 PM

hahahaha so bitter!

My aunt and uncle were prepared to buy, brand new, 2012 Camry (daily driver,) Sienna (family hauler) and a Corolla (for their restaurant) - let me say it again - BRAND NEW! Open Road wasn't even interested. :fuckthatshit::seriously: They went to Destination Toyota instead as everything was in the lot and ready to go. Having said that, they also had good experiences with Regency, Granville, and Jim Pattison Toyota.

Any way, I think any of the dealers at Richmond Auto Mall suck. Not limited to Open Road Toyota or Hyundai etc. Don't even get me started on Cowell VW.

MeowMeow 05-12-2013 10:47 PM

Lolololololololol
Fuck open road period
Don't wanna step a foot in that place ever again
Whether it's hyundai or Toyota or lexus
Heard too many horror stories about them.

(I heard this story a year ago so don't count me on it I just know it's open road) Forgot if it was Toyota or lexus but my friend worked for one of them.
They found a buyer for some sort of SUV. Some idiot accidentally left the windshield wiper standing and popped the hood, which ended up leaving minor scratch (wasn't deep but apparently it was long)
Manager buffed it out and passed it on to the guy who was supposed to come pick it up the day after
Sneaky sneaky.
I guess it was partially buyer's fault for not checking but still LOL
Don't trust that fuckitty place

dared3vil0 05-12-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T4RAWR (Post 8235989)
fuck that place royally.

Some say he drove over OpenRoad Toyota's sales manager in his new 4runner
Some say he even drives said 4runner- from the passenger seat
ALL we know is- He's T4RAWR!

An image right before the act was taken- the photographer did not survive. RIP.

http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/x...psdcbd9c37.png

bcrdukes 05-12-2013 10:50 PM

^
Thanked for the lulz

T4RAWR 05-12-2013 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dared3vil0 (Post 8236001)
Some say he drove over OpenRoad Toyota's sales manager in his new 4runner
Some say he even drives said 4runner- from the passenger seat
ALL we know is- He's T4RAWR!

when my dad's avalon had issues and needed to be towed we called bcaa.

tow truck driver says, open road?

i told him, fuck that place, drive me to granville toyota and i'll pay you the difference and tip you 20.

laughs, tows me to granville and refuses to charge me the difference. tipped him 20 and we both left laughing.

we've been going to granville toyota since 1995 to service all 4 of our toyotas.

i've had a friend wander into open road cash in hand, wanting to buy a top of the line tundra, 5.7L with all the bells and whistles and no one gives two shits.

he went and bought his tundra from destination and told me that the experience was great.

bcrdukes 05-12-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T4RAWR (Post 8236008)
when my dad's avalon had issues and needed to be towed we called bcaa.

This story is made up. Avalon's never break down. Ever.

Spoiler!

T4RAWR 05-12-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcrdukes (Post 8236019)
This story is made up. Avalon's never break down. Ever.

Spoiler!

Lets just say it probably was driven on one too many logging roads than it should have :concentrate: