REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 05-16-2013, 03:07 AM   #1
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Official 3DS Thread?

I did a search but it doesn't look like a 3DS thread took place here...

Anyway I got one for my stay in Japan, to play Monster Hunter with friends. I just wish it was region free, because there are many games I want to play but can't... Fire Emblem in particular, and I want to check out Shin Megami Tensei

I did get Super Mario 3D Land.. fuck that game is the hardest Mario game I've played! I don't know why but I just have trouble lining up my jumps, and one thing I don't like is how long it takes for Mario to gather speed for bigger jumps. Kind of wish I got Luigi's Mansion 2 or NSMB2 instead...

I actually like the 3D, except it's really annoying that when you barely move the thing, you lose the 3D effect. This is especially troublesome because it's a handheld - the screen moves when your hands do.

Anyway those are my quick thoughts.. let's see if we can get something going... sales wise, the 3DS is actually outpacing the DS which is pretty damn amazing. 30 million worldwide!
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:54 AM   #2
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post

I actually like the 3D, except it's really annoying that when you barely move the thing, you lose the 3D effect. This is especially troublesome because it's a handheld - the screen moves when your hands do.

Anyway those are my quick thoughts.. let's see if we can get something going... sales wise, the 3DS is actually outpacing the DS which is pretty damn amazing. 30 million worldwide!
yeah i like the system,i should have knew Nintendo would have the 3DS XL later on and way more cheaper..

i bought into the hype when they were first released & paid 200 dollars at EB GAMES just for the regular Version then like 4 months later the Larger screen released

the 3D effect issue you're talking about is the worse for StarFox 3D,i had to turn it off for the Boss Battles,but overall.....being a kid i couldn't even beat it on Nintendo 64 & a few months ago i decided to give it a go on the 3DS and wow....what a fun game,kinda makes you sad Starfox 2 3D isn't out...so glad i beat it,Now I'm on to Zelda which i didn't beat on Nintendo 64.....i just remember my bro playing it hours on end & already seeing the ending so i didn't care to play it after that.
Old 05-16-2013, 05:28 PM   #3
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
It's easier to stay in the 3d sweet spot with the XL. Both my wife and I have an XL. She mainly sticks with Tetris Axis, Mario Kart 7, and all the DS brain games.

I bought my XL and Luigi's Mansion 2 to take advantage of their free game offer. I chose Super Mario Land 3D, and I agree that is a tough Mario, especially in the 2nd half of the game. I was a bit disappointed at the assists that were provided. If you keep dying in a level, after so many attempts, you have the option of grabbing the invincibility/raccoon tail to make finishing the level easier. If you still can't make it, you get a P-wing which warps you to the end. Fortunately, the 2nd half doesn't give you any of that crap.

Fire Emblem is my favourite DS title, so far. I've finished the game on normal and hard, but insane is too brutal for me.

My most recent purchase was Lego City Undercover. I would rate it as average. It's like a kiddy version of GTA and Sleeping Dogs. The load times are a fucking bitch.
Old 05-16-2013, 05:54 PM   #4
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
I bought my nephew one of these, after one year of playing super mario bros for the 3DS he got so annoyed he cracked the 3DS over his knee into two pieces, lol he was grounded for so long. (He was 5)
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:10 PM   #5

Monster Hunter is fucking hard, especially when you can't read anything

Anyone have advice for when to start doing multiplayer quests? We have tried the first 1 or 2, and can't seem to do much damage to the beasts... how much do we need to upgrade our weapons?
Old 05-18-2013, 07:17 AM   #6

Fuck every screen I look at looks like 3D now
Old 06-13-2013, 10:17 PM   #7
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,132 Times in 237 Posts
playing DKCR 3D.. this game is balls hard..... and i thought the Rare games were challenging back in the day..

anyone else bought Animal Crossing New Leaf? me and couple of buds got hooked.. iv put in 27 hours on it already since sunday, currently in my 3rd expansion of house and just finished 2 city projects..

added a couple of people from gamefaqs board just so we can trade fruits and collectables.. it feels like an MMO if you know alot of people play it.. got a master sword and links costume
dub.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:31 PM   #8

I got New Leaf. It's pretty fun and I like how you can change the shop closing time since I play at night.
mos_skeeto is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-14-2013, 10:59 AM   #9
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

omg animal crossing.

Brings back memories when I played wild world with my friends. One day...
Kidnapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:20 PM   #10

pimpin in my jersey

This post thanked by:
Old 06-14-2013, 11:09 PM   #11

I sold my 3DS
Old 06-17-2013, 12:33 AM   #12
Zombie Mod

^^

I hope you sold it to get an XL. Countless hours have been logged on my 3DS. It'll probably double with Animal Crossing.

Animal Crossing is ridiculously awesome. There is so much to do in the game. I've been concentrating on making money to expand my house, as I'm getting a lot of stuff, to decorate and furnish it, from the various residents.

Did anyone go to the Animal Crossing Meet-Up, at Landsdowne Mall, this weekend? I had to work, so I missed it. I'm going to try and make it next weekend. It'll be a good opportunity to get more Streetpasses for the Mii Plaza, as well
Old 06-17-2013, 01:29 AM   #13

It was an XL.. I bought it to play Monster Hunter... but because I am in Japan, I had to get the Japanese version... MH didn't quite capture me the way I thought it might (plus having to translate everything sucks) so I just got rid of it. I also bought Super Mario 3D Land, but like most of the new portable Mario games, it lacked soul. I just wasn't into it... So instead of trying a bunch of Japanese games, I just sold it. I doubt I'll buy a US version, but who knows. The 3D effect is really cool, I just hate how the slightest movement fucks you up
Old 06-17-2013, 06:31 AM   #14
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Extremely tempted to get one...

Here in Japan I seldom see people with PSPs or Vitas.

Seems like the majority of students here play 3DS and the more I see it the more I want one. Animal crossing is crazy popular.
neggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:25 PM   #15
Need my Daily Fix of RS

People throw up your friend codes so we can get a revscene group going
Old 06-26-2013, 11:42 AM   #16
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

my friend code is 1418-6714-2743!
been playing monster hunter for a while now, I'm solo HR 32 now. Anyone want to meet to fight savage deviljho, can't do it alone anymore.
SchoolGlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:50 PM   #17

Thanked 1,132 Times in 237 Posts
just picked up projectxzone.. not a big fan of strategy games but the combat and crossover characters were enough for me to get into it

also another reason i bought this, keep in mind, this is a liscenced game, with all characters being loaned to another developer, once that liscence expires, this game will be off shelves within a year or 2
dub.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:00 PM   #18
Zombie Mod

I can't get enough Animal Crossing. I've finally played some of the mini-games on the island, and got enough medals for Club Tortimer.

Regarding Re-Tail, how the hell does that place survive? They buy all the shit I have to sell them, and they take no cut from the flea market. Cyrus can modify furniture, but it's pocket change compared to millions of bells I've received from Reese.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:24 PM   #19
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

haven't played animal crossing before is it like harvest moon?? whats the difference? i'm using my 3ds again just to play luigi mansion lol
terkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:17 PM   #20

It's a hard game to explain because there ain't many games like it. I would say it's like harvest moon but less emphasis on making profit and more of town building. There are many things you can do in the game and you are not forced to do any of it. It's just a fun chill game that you play for 10-20 mins a day but the replay value is high so it'll still be fun months in.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:08 PM   #21
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
i gonna get soon just for the new pocket monster game aka the last pokemon game, then i see if there anything else i want bought for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:18 AM   #22
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Are there any streetpass clubs or events coming up ? In your experiences guys where's the best place to collect tags ?
Old 07-07-2013, 11:33 AM   #23
Zombie Mod

Big public events, like the PNE should be good for Streetpassing. If there's any video game-related thing happening, that'll be sure to attract a lot of people with a 3DS. I got 50+ passes when I went to the Final Fantasy concert at the VSO.

EDIT: Also, this is, probably, going to be a massive streetpassing opportunity:
http://www.vancouverconventioncentre...ionships-2013/
Quote:
August 9-11 (East Building)
The Pokémon World Championships features top Pokémon Trading Card Game and video game players from around the globe. In this yearly tournament, the players compete for the title of Pokémon World Champion!

Last edited by Presto; 07-08-2013 at 09:40 AM.
Presto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:55 PM   #24
Zombie Mod

Shoppers Drug Mart is having a Senior's Day on Thursday. Get your parents or grandparents to pick it up an XL for $160 after discount. They can keep the gift card for their help .
Old 08-04-2013, 09:10 AM   #25
Need my Daily Fix of RS

They're finally releasing the black XL on August 11th.