REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   Friend might be roofied over the weekend. Need advices. (https://www.revscene.net/forums/684942-friend-might-roofied-over-weekend-need-advices.html)

Chronix 06-06-2013 03:15 PM

Friend might be roofied over the weekend. Need advices.

My friend was possibly date raped over the weekend. She did not remember a thing after she took a cocktail from the guy though she remembers events prior to the drink. She said she felt like she was dreaming but felt the pain when the guy tried to insert into her. She did not black out the whole night because she managed to crawl or assisted into the washroom to puke several times. Do you guys think she was GHB'd? I suspected it was just a low dose as she still felt the pain of the insertion as well as her managing to wake up to go puke several times in the night.

This happened on the Saturday and it's already Thursday now (She since showered, and had sex with her boyfriend after the event) I'm not sure if bringing her to the hospital or clinic they would be able to detect the drug though I heard they might be able to get a sample from her hair?

Also, she wanted to check if she catch any diseases from the guy so I'm wondering is it better to do it as soon as possible or wait since symptons of HIV doesn't show up till later?

Thanks for the help.

I asked if she wanted to go to the police and she said no and she's more worried about her own personal health.

BrRsn 06-06-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chronix (Post 8254702)
My friend was possibly date raped over the weekend. She did not remember a thing after she took a cocktail from the guy though she remembers events prior to the drink. She said she felt like she was dreaming but felt the pain when the guy tried to insert into her. She did not black out the whole night because she managed to crawl or assisted into the washroom to puke several times. Do you guys think she was GHB'd? I suspected it was just a low dose as she still felt the pain of the insertion as well as her managing to wake up to go puke several times in the night.

This happened on the Saturday and it's already Thursday now (She since showered, and had sex with her boyfriend after the event) I'm not sure if bringing her to the hospital or clinic they would be able to detect the drug though I heard they might be able to get a sample from her hair?

Also, she wanted to check if she catch any diseases from the guy so I'm wondering is it better to do it as soon as possible or wait since symptons of HIV doesn't show up till later?

Thanks for the help.

I asked if she wanted to go to the police and she said no and she's more worried about her own personal health.

:fulloffuck:

MikeHB 06-06-2013 03:23 PM

I still don't understand why people take drinks from random people? What do they expect will happen? Have they not heard stories of this exact nature?
Anyways, for the HIV/STI part of it why not get test ASAP than wait around questioning your health daily?
Posted via RS Mobile

BrRsn 06-06-2013 03:24 PM

In a relationship, taking random drinks from guys ... yeaaaaah

sounds like her conscience kicked in a few days after the fact, not GHB

bcrdukes 06-06-2013 03:26 PM

Could have been much worse - Three hospitalized for GHB overdoses in Vancouver | News1130

LSF22 06-06-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chronix (Post 8254702)
She did not remember a thing after she took a cocktail from the guy.

:badpokerface:

in all seriousness.... my Q is was she clubbing alone? if she was alone, why would she party alone and accept a drink from a random dude...?

if she was with friends, where were they all when:

a) she decided to accept the drink
b) after she had the drink and she felt like puking, did none of her friends know or help her out?
c) did the inserting happen before or after the puking? if she was puking/felt like puking, again why did her friends not stay with her to take care of her?

if shes worried bout diseases, go get her checked out asap instead of waiting around. might as well try to get that possible worry outta the way sooner rather than later.

bluejays 06-06-2013 03:47 PM

Well since she's already showered there's probably not much evidence around. And I doubt that GHB would be detectable after such a long wait period.

dlo 06-06-2013 04:16 PM

pretty sure you can get tested for rape... trauma to the vag etc etc

van_city23 06-06-2013 04:16 PM

Worried about being date raped but before going to get checked or the police she decides to have sex with her boyfriend.. I don't get it, agree with what dhillon09 posted

Chronix 06-06-2013 04:48 PM

Posted via RS Mobile

Chronix 06-06-2013 04:50 PM

guys I know what she did was dumb. Even I was facepalming when she told me everything. She said there were no visible trauma. Would the diseases symptons show up right away?
Posted via RS Mobile

knight604 06-06-2013 04:54 PM

No way to tell until you get tested, probably wasn't a bright idea to fuck BF after though.

good luck.

smoothie. 06-06-2013 04:57 PM

Man I love reading shit like this.

Tell your friend to report it exactly how we read it. Go with her so you can share the cops facepalm pic.
Posted via RS Mobile

Drow 06-06-2013 05:14 PM

strong everything

Berzerker 06-06-2013 05:17 PM

I wish I could fail and thank on phones. Above post gets thanked.

Berz out.
Posted via RS Mobile

Chronix 06-06-2013 05:42 PM

Posted via RS Mobile

FI-Z33 06-06-2013 05:45 PM

No offense but thats kind of inconsiderate and selfish to not have told her bf and continued to have sex with him
Posted via RS Mobile

Chronix 06-06-2013 07:48 PM

honestly, you guys' comments reflect my thought at the time. But I'm just trying to help her right now. I believe hiv wont show up until 6 months later?
Posted via RS Mobile

Inaii 06-06-2013 08:05 PM

Wait, so let me get this straight. She's worried about contracting HIV, but decides to let you post on a forum rather than going to a doctor immediately? Obviously she isn't that concerned. No one I know in their right mind would just wait to see if it showed up. Tell your friend to grow a set and go get checked out. Oh and to tell her bf while she's at it if she hasn't yet.

stewie 06-06-2013 09:47 PM

shes not that concerned because she wasn't "date raped".

she got fucking drunk at a club, went home with a guy, and used the "I was date raped" as an excuse to hide the fact that she fucking cheated on her boyfriend. (this is no different than a girl getting drunk at a club, being a complete slut, then saying "I blacked out and don't remember a thing!! I would never do that!!!")

shes a keeper!!!

as to lsf22's questions, my answers would be this:

a) she decided to accept the drink

most women will, 75% are free loaders at clubs.

b) after she had the drink and she felt like puking, did none of her friends know or help her out?

her friends were probably just as drunk and didn't notice or care

c) did the inserting happen before or after the puking? if she was puking/felt like puking, again why did her friends not stay with her to take care of her?

her friends probably saw the guy flirting with her, they gave her some space, she got turned on with what he was saying to her, she decided to sneak out and have fun.

-edit

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inaii (Post 8254911)
Wait, so let me get this straight. She's worried about contracting HIV, but decides to let you post on a forum rather than going to a doctor immediately? Obviously she isn't that concerned. No one I know in their right mind would just wait to see if it showed up. Tell your friend to grow a set and go get checked out. Oh and to tell her bf while she's at it if she hasn't yet.

if me and my gf are good together and she ever cheated on me and one of my friends knew about it...I would give that friend as much beer/liquor as they wanted as a thank you for saving me from being with a cheating whore and now I can move on and find a new sweet girl who will actually be worth my time.

rsx 06-06-2013 11:02 PM

Take her to a clinic to get tested for rape and diseases. Plain and simple.

fliptuner 06-07-2013 12:07 AM

Knowing that she had sex/got raped, then had sex with her boyfriend, makes me want to punch your friend in the face.

Chronix 06-07-2013 12:09 AM

Ok I was working, thats why the replies I posted was messed up.

The story is that she went clubbing with a female friend, the female friend left her alone while she danced with this guy that the female friend is familiar with as clubbing acquaintances. In the club, the guy bought her two drinks. I asked her if she ever kept her eyes on the drinks. She said no. She, the female friend and the guy went back to the guy's apartment and met the guy's brother. The brother made my friend a whiskey coke with a little bit of Ketamine (Talked to a Dr. today at work in the hospital so he kinda narrowed it down to this) in it. She started getting tipsier and drunker and proceeded to sleep on the guy's room. That's when the insertion had happened. She puked after the 'said' insertion. Apparently the guy stopped when he realized she was still a bit conscious. I don't really want to explain any further than this because after that she was left alone to sleep until the morning.

I told her not to hang out with that female friend any more since she did a shitty job protecting her.

The reason she's delaying for this long and finally told me is because she is an international student and had lived a sheltered life at her home country. This boyfriend is her first boyfriend ever.

A lot of you guys are judging her of the fact that she slept with her boyfriend couple days after should know there are many possible reactions to rape, including people who avoid sexual encounters for years as well as those who obsessively seek them out. In this particular case, I'd guess that she wanted the comfort and normalcy of being close sexually with her boyfriend after a potentially traumatic event.

smoothie. 06-07-2013 12:16 AM

^^ Why are you defending her stupidity?

yray 06-07-2013 12:18 AM

hope the bf was wearing a condom

hiv doesn't come out till a month later; you can get tested now for other diseases but she will need to get tested again later on