REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-10-2013, 02:31 AM   #101
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by willystyle View Post
Yeah the security guard was a total failure, and should be fired for failing to assist. I understand that he may not have the power to arrest (company policy), but he is more than capable to assist.

Also, if this wasn't an off-duty police officer making an arrest of a shoplifter, I don't know if that would've been a Priority 1 call (meaning cops show up asap with siren). I've been in situations where I've made arrests and the cops don't show up for 6 hours.
Just read this. That's a long time! Did you lock a dude in a room or something for 6 hours?!
Advertisement
Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:34 AM   #102
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayare604 View Post
^what were you accused of taking? did you conceal the item and decide to ditch it at the last minute?

Very rarely will an LPO go to that extent unless he's positive you selected and concealed something. If you truly didn't conceal anything, the LPO sounds like he fucked up, big time.
I was accused of stealing this item called HAPPY PLANET ENERGY+.
It's a small energy shot, I picket it up, saw it was $2.99+ tax, I thought I would buy it so I picket one up and started walking around the store to see if they sell any other foods or drinks. (I was looking for something quick to eat before work)
Then I decided $2.99 was too expensive because I could buy 2 Rockstars for $4 at 7Eleven. So I went back to the shelf(where I got it from) and putted back in there.
I was not performing a magic trick, I put it back very obviously. No funny movements, I did not reach my hands in pocket or anything.
I guess he did not see it carefully?

Then I walked around the store again to see if they sell any protein bar or energy drinks, couldn't find anything so I decided to leave.

Then suddenly he grabbed me and all that.

When he took me into the office(at Thrifty Foods) after all the pushing and pulling infront of people, he even gave me this stupid lecture "you made this unusual movement with hands and arms while you were walking" and he even told me that direction I walked seemed to be suspicious. I was like WTF?

But then when it came down to it, he didn't call the police.
That just showed he didn't have strong enough ground believe that I stole something.
I had to go work and couldn't waste time, I told him he's an idiot for refusing my offer to pat me and just let me go.
Initially he said "no I don't do searches" and told me to wait for the cops.
To make a long story short, he changed his mind and patted me, and I kinda kicked outta there. The whole thing was just dumb.

He did not give me his information, he did not take my information, I specifically had to call back the manager of Thrifty Foods a couple time to finally get a hold of him.
And the Thrifty's manager gave me a phone number for FBIG's manager because according to Thrifty's manager "we will not be involved".

Anyways, yeah the whole thing was just dumb.

Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:37 AM   #103
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpo View Post
and yea, nobody was helping...citizens and security guard just standing there..we could let North Vancouver RCMP know that he did a good job though.

North Vancouver RCMP - Contact

Email: nvanrcmp@rcmp-grc.gc.ca
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpo View Post
This is a good officer, no unnecessary violence or excessive use of authority.

On a side note...I got FALSE ARRESTED by security guard from FBIG for shoplifting. What a fucking douche he was.
The guy filming is the local one man news reporter Butch. He walks around with a pole and obvious camera at the end of it... I actually saw him today at the Italian festival and have been recoded in one of his YouTube events.

We cant say the cop wouldve acted the same if he wasnt approached by a guy filming. You know you live in a shitty society when people praise the police for not excessively abusing suspects.
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-10-2013, 02:39 AM   #104
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
lol sounds like he didn't have the proper steps which lead to the false arrest

should have asked for his name and his manager's name and number...oh well
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:46 AM   #105

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayare604 View Post
lol sounds like he didn't have the proper steps which lead to the false arrest

should have asked for his name and his manager's name and number...oh well
Oh no I do have all that.
He didn't give to me, but I found it out later because Thrifty Food's manager told me who he was.

When I went back to the store a week later, I was approached by one of the employees at Thrifty's, he said sorry for what happened and all that, and he also told me that LPO who caught me wants to be a cop. That's probably why he was acting so intensely(forcefully).

So that's why I thought I might want to report this to the police if they have any network that they share with other department.
Because if this LPO ever decides to apply for a police job, this incident could be questioned while his job interview to test his honesty.
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-10-2013, 06:43 AM   #106
The "You'd Know" Moderator

Don't derail this thread please, Timpo.

Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
impactX is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-12-2013, 08:01 AM   #107
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,064 Times in 1,183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
Ugh, guilty or not, it hurts to see a knee to someone's back while flat on the pavement...
Yikes, just realized I was failed bigtime for this comment.

Just to set the record straight, I understand that the knee is there to ensure compliance, and in no way am I saying that the cops went overboard.

I meant that if I was lying on my stomach on pavement, and someone knelt on my back, it would hurt a lot.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:45 AM   #108

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme S View Post
Also for those of you who didn't notice, the guy who was filming was actually on the phone with 911, I guess he was filming with his ipod or something 'cause he had a dumbphone in his hand that he was calling with.
Dude was on NW with Mike Smyth yesterday, he said he's a retired photographer and carries a small camera, and was filming with that while on the phone with 911.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote