REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 06-12-2013, 05:39 PM   #51
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpl0sive View Post
Isn't the point of police on the roads, to make roads safer? Everytime you see a marked car on the highway, everyone slows down and does the speed limit. The only point of ghost cars is to write tickets to generate revenue to pay for those bullshit ghosts cars in the first place.
Saying stuff like "the most effective method of attack is not letting your enemy know where you will attack from" is just retarded. The general public aren't the enemy... Cops are supposed to be out there to "serve and protect" the general public, not to hide in ghost cars, bushes, behind bus stops, light posts, etc. and write tickets for going 15 over with the flow of traffic. Ghosts cars are only useful for collecting money, that's all
Marked cruisers only work when people can see them, unmarked cars can be anything, anywhere, which is a much more effective tactic for preventing crime. If I knew that every single police cruiser was marked, I could do whatever I wanted until I spotted one, with unmarked cars, I no longer have the advantage of easy target aquisition. The entire purpose of unmarked cars is to cause paranoia in the minds of people who would commit traffic violations.

"To serve and protect", to protect the people on the road, police need to have access to new techniques for catching people who ignore the rules of the road, that means using ordinary cars to blend in. You don't seem to grasp the purpose of the police and their role in enforcing laws, when they are searching for traffic violations, they will use the most effective method possible.

You seem to believe that since a car is unmarked, it's somehow different from a marked car. There is a reason that traffic offences have fines attached, and it does not matter which car delivers the ticket. Marked and unmarked cars operate within the same fleet, with the same rules, for the same purpose, the only difference being that one is increasingly effective at preventing crime.
Advertisement

Last edited by Yodamaster; 06-12-2013 at 05:45 PM.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-12-2013, 05:45 PM   #52
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,693 Times in 1,625 Posts
I've also been seeing a lot of the opposite.

White Crown Vic's that were clearly used by police previously, probably auctioned off. Everyone drives super carefully around them and then you see it's driven by some pretty shady characters. Some of them have reflective tape too lol
inv4zn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:53 PM   #53
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Must be so frustrating to be emergency response in a city like that
Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:04 PM   #54
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
yup, seen bby rcmp with hyundai suv with n sign

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:19 AM   #55
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
Quote:
Isn't the point of police on the roads, to make roads safer? Everytime you see a marked car on the highway, everyone slows down and does the speed limit. The only point of ghost cars is to write tickets to generate revenue to pay for those bullshit ghosts cars in the first place.
Saying stuff like "the most effective method of attack is not letting your enemy know where you will attack from" is just retarded. The general public aren't the enemy... Cops are supposed to be out there to "serve and protect" the general public, not to hide in ghost cars, bushes, behind bus stops, light posts, etc. and write tickets for going 15 over with the flow of traffic. Ghosts cars are only useful for collecting money, that's all
There are different divisions that do different things.. there isnt jsut 1 division in the police force.. thats why they have a traffic division..

its like telling the server in a restaurant to go and cook food... yea he works in the restaurant but thats what cooks are for... servers are there to serve customers...
Old 06-13-2013, 11:05 PM   #56
RS controls my life!

Thanked 4,071 Times in 346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stRider View Post

Sneaky Burnaby RCMP Ghost Car - YouTube
ok that's a little scary.
ThatKoukiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 04:17 PM   #57
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,210 Times in 1,021 Posts
I rarely see creative undercover cars pulling people over, seems like they rather not blow their cover for some petty speeder doing 65 in 50 zone, or some one who didn't signal.
EvoFire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 05:23 PM   #58
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
lol that's a Chevy Impala what a piece of shit.
Here are some JDM undercover police cars

Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 06:57 PM   #59
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,466 Times in 190 Posts
Goddamn it Timpo, we're talking about local
FRStan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:45 PM   #60
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
timpo is always late to these kind of parties & we alway have no idea why hes here

on a side note i think rcmp should get a c-class with N & where white gloves with a sun visor

Spoiler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:07 PM   #61
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:
people who slow down and drive well ONLY when they see cop cars are the ones you DO want to catch, because they will be driving like idiots 99% of the other time. Now that it is less easy to spot cop cars, hopefully these reckless drivers will be more cautious, the majority of the time.

Like someone posted earlier, if you are driving with due care, you should be fine. Even for things that most people think are "minor" like not using your signal light, you are risking getting a ticket. How lazy are you that you can't even flick a switch to activate your signal.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-16-2013, 08:09 PM   #62
RS Veteran

Quote:
they can pull people over for excessive speeding and doing unsafe lane changes in marked cars just the same lol... my point is, the only reason they have ghost cars is to write more tickets = generate more revenue. If their number 1 concern was safer driving, they would have to implement better driver training and testing. Maybe we would see a re-test for making sure people are still driving and obeying the rules. in the current system, once you get your class 5, you are good for the next 40 years... not to mention all the people what shouldn't even have a driver's license to begin with
when was the last time you had someone drive every day, like they did while they were being tested, lol... get real.

as for tickets, the only way people will learn is if they keep getting hit in the wallet. Name another way to efficiently enforce traffic infractions. This way the city gets money, and bad drivers go broke.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-16-2013, 08:32 PM   #63
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
people who slow down and drive well ONLY when they see cop cars are the ones you DO want to catch
Quote:
when was the last time you had someone drive every day, like they did while they were being tested, lol... get real.
Soooo hypocritical...
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:14 PM   #64
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dared3vil0 View Post
Soooo hypocritical...
not at all. just because you drive 60 in a 50 does not mean you will be pulled over by the police, but you will not pass your driver's test. the two statements you quoted are unrelated.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:32 AM   #65
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square

Thanked 2,093 Times in 669 Posts
They have been using more ghost cars on my commute into the city from Squamish, as well.

Squamish - new and older Suburbans - some with Budget rental stickers. Have also seen: Older Ford Escape blue SUV, newer Subaru blue SUV, brown Hyundai SUV

West Van - new white/beige Ford Edge SUV, a few years old blacked out Dodge Charger usually with an N sign

The cab idea is a good one - will definitely look out for them now.
Zedbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:51 PM   #66
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stRider View Post

I probably wouldn't have stopped for it; instead called 911 and claimed some dickbag installed a strobe kit and siren in their Hyundai.
ancient_510 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-19-2013, 11:07 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancient_510 View Post
I probably wouldn't have stopped for it; instead called 911 and claimed some dickbag installed a strobe kit and siren in their Hyundai.
this.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2013, 11:09 PM   #68
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,289 Times in 409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
It's about goddamn time. I had this idea about 10 years so. Have it fully dressed up as a taxi, and the phone number on the side would be for the non emergency RCMP phone line. I'm a genus
Posted via RS Mobile
How did you have an idea like that at 5 years old?
Iceman-19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:21 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman-19 View Post
How did you have an idea like that at 5 years old?
don't underestimate kids, they're very creative.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:22 PM   #70
I am Hook'd on RS

Seen a couple of odd ball U/C in abby recently. They seem to use a range of cars though. Yukons and Escapes, to pimped out Pickups and even a minivan with an N on the back.
Matties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:32 PM   #71
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,103 Times in 973 Posts
There's an undercover Kia Sedona in Surrey
tegra7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:41 PM   #72
KO7
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancient_510 View Post
I wouldn't dare do this, but would love to know what happens if someone else does.
KO7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:26 PM   #73

^ If you're pulled over by an u/c, you can request that they send a fully marked cruiser. It has to come.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:43 PM   #74
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dared3vil0 View Post
^ If you're pulled over by an u/c, you can request that they send a fully marked cruiser. It has to come.
so the marked car comes.. you still get a ticket, and you wasted more of your own time
Old 06-24-2013, 11:13 PM   #75

Quote:
so the marked car comes.. you still get a ticket, and you wasted more of your own time
The marked car comes, if you were going top get off without a ticket you now get one, and you waste your own time, more taxpayer money and more already short police time. Wasn't supporting it, just answering the question.
This post thanked by: