REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 12-19-2013, 11:03 AM   #26
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpo View Post
It's hard to say since it's not out yet but I would say so.

The GT-R can do 0-60mph in 2.8 seconds and laps Nurburgring in 7:18.60 bone stock.

There is no production Lamborghini or Ferrari in the entire history that can come close to that.

The Aventador does similar 0-60mph but its best Nurburgring laptime was 7:25.00. Considering the new Gallardo won't be any faster than the Aventador, I would say it won't beat the GT-R.
But domestics beat GTR's even when the GTR is modded.
Advertisement
Old 12-19-2013, 06:35 PM   #27
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,355 Times in 1,044 Posts
official photos leaked

Lamborghini Huracán (2014): Vorstellung - Bilder - autobild.de
boostfever is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-19-2013, 07:10 PM   #28
RS controls my life!

I don't know. I'd still take LP-570-4-Squadra-Corse.
PreludeSRV is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-19-2013, 07:51 PM   #29

you're comparing the most aggressive version of the last generation with all the bells and whistles to a new model that just came out.

I would put this new model beside a 2003 Gallardo. This new one has a lot of elements borrowed from the Sesto Elemento, I like it.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-19-2013, 08:12 PM   #30
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostfever View Post
you're comparing the most aggressive version of the last generation with all the bells and whistles to a new model that just came out.

I would put this new model beside a 2003 Gallardo. This new one has a lot of elements borrowed from the Sesto Elemento, I like it.
point taken. I would assume the price point is similar. regardless, we'll be seeing this on the streets of Richmond in 2014.
PreludeSRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 08:59 PM   #31
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 1,128 Times in 339 Posts
Done

vs:

SICK!!! Can't wait to see them everywhere!
Old 12-19-2013, 11:15 PM   #32
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostslut View Post
\
SICK!!! Can't wait to see them everywhere!
...in Richmond
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-19-2013, 11:22 PM   #33
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 5,613 Times in 1,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostfever View Post

thats exactly why i don't like it too much….i never found the sesto nice to look at…it looks like crap especially the rear. I agree with PreludeSRV i would take a 2014 model over this new design anyday. The interior is spot on though.
donjalapeno is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-20-2013, 02:48 AM   #34
HELP ME PLS!!!

Meet the Lamborghini HuracĂ¡n LP 610-4 - Autoblog

The new Lamborghini Huracán LP 610-4: A new dimension in Luxury Super Sports Cars

- Innovative technology and absolute performance redefine the super sports car experience
- Pure and powerfully dynamic design language
- New V10 with 610 hp, acceleration from 0-100 km/h in 3.2 seconds, top speed of over 325 km/h
- From January 2014: private preview events for qualified prospects

Sant'Agata Bolognese, 20.12.2013 -- A new era is beginning for Automobili Lamborghini and the luxury super sports car segment: with the brand new Huracán Lamborghini is not only presenting the successor to the iconic Gallardo, but is also redefining the benchmark for luxury super sports cars in this segment. With its pure and unique design, an innovative technology package, outstanding dynamics and excellent quality, the Huracán offers a super sports car experience on a whole new level. The Huracán combines absolute performance with easy-todrive road behavior and both luxurious and sport-oriented finish. With the Huracán, Lamborghini is taking a big step into the future, and enhancing the brand's illustrious history with the next automotive legend.

Starting from January 2014 the Huracán will be the protagonist of over 130 private preview events in more than 60 cities throughout the world. The Lamborghini Huracán will make its world public debut at the Geneva Motorshow 2014.

Name

With a total volume of 14,022 cars produced, the Lamborghini Gallardo has been the most successful Lamborghini ever and, in its ten-year lifecycle, lifted the Lamborghini marque to a whole new level. Its successor, the new Huracán, has been developed from scratch down to the very last detail and, like the Gallardo and most other Lamborghini models, derives its name from the world of bullfighting. The fighting bull Huracán of the Spanish Conte de la Patilla breed was known for his outstanding courage and strong sense of attack. He fought in Alicante in August 1879, showing his unrelenting character and remaining defiant and invincible, thus entering into the legend of fighting bulls' history.

Design

The new Huracán revolutionizes the design language of the Gallardo and is pure in its lines: precise technology and top level craftsmanship meet an audacious design with sharp edges, monolithic and sculptured volumes and precise surfaces. The starting point is the silhouette of the Huracán, born out of the desire of creating an automobile, whose profile is defined by only one line that merges the front with the cockpit and the rear of the car. The lateral windows come together to create a hexagonal form inserted like a glass jewel in the car's profile.

Also by night is the Huracán unmistakably a Lamborghini. Not only are the main headlamps equipped with full LED illumination, but all other light functions also feature state-of-the-art LED technology as a standard feature for the first time in the segment.

Interior

The interior is dominated by an innovative cockpit. A 12.3 inch full-color TFT instrument panel delivers all car information to the driver, from rev counter to navigation maps and infotainment functions, and can be configured by the driver in different setups. Fine Nappa leather and Alcantara distinguish the interior, with several color combinations offered to ensure broad individualization options. The design of dashboard and central tunnel underline a new lightness in the interior. Superb craftsmanship guarantees the highest quality and sense of luxury throughout.

Chassis and powertrain

Systematic lightweight design and Automobili Lamborghini's extensive expertise in carbon fiber come together in the Huracán's new hybrid chassis -- an integrated structure of carbon and aluminum elements. With a dry weight of 1,422 kg it enables not only the excellent power-to-weight ratio of just 2.33 kilograms per horse power, but also guarantees race-car precision with outstanding stiffness.

The new 5.2 liter V10 engine delivers a maximum power of 448 kW / 610 HP at 8,250 rpm and a maximum torque of 560 Nm at 6.500 rpm. In the new ''Iniezione Diretta Stratificata'' (IDS), direct and indirect gasoline injections are smartly combined. This results in more power and torque with lower fuel consumption and emissions compared with the Gallardo V10 engine. The top speed of over 325 km/h and the acceleration from 0 to 100 km/h in 3.2 seconds and to 200 km/h in 9.9 seconds only partially describe the dynamic experience at the wheel of the Huracán. Also thanks to the Stop & Start technology, the combined EU consumption figure has been further reduced to 12.5 liters per 100 km (290 g/km CO2 emissions). The engine complies with EU6 emissions regulation.

Driving dynamics

The power of the V10 engine is brought to the road via the new 7-speed dualclutch transmission ''Lamborghini Doppia Frizione'' (LDF) and fully electronically controlled four-wheel drive system. The different driving modes of the Huracán can be selected via a driving dynamics selector switch in the steering wheel - from traction-oriented on the road to extreme performance on the race track, with three setups of the dynamics system: STRADA, SPORT and CORSA. The different modes ensure extensive modification in road behavior of the Huracán. In particular they influence the set-ups of several systems, such as the gearbox and engine behavior, the sound, the four-wheel-drive system and electronic stability control. The Huracán's carbon-ceramic brakes are a standard feature for consistently superb braking performance. The ''Lamborghini Dynamic Steering'' variable steering ratio system and magneto-rheologic suspension damper control are both available as options for further customization of the Huracán's dynamic behavior. They are also calibrated via the three different dynamic set-ups.

The Huracán is produced at the Automobili Lamborghini headquarters in Sant'Agata Bolognese on an entirely newly-equipped production line. Delivery to the first customers is planned for spring 2014.
BeefCake4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 03:11 AM   #35
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 13,521 Times in 1,745 Posts
It's different, I like it. The aftermarket kits should add a nice touch to this car.
Looking forward to shooting some of the first ones when they come into town.
Old 12-20-2013, 06:12 AM   #36
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
3 types of people drive these cars:

1. Nerds/old people
2. Rich asians
3. Rockstars/celebrities
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 08:23 AM   #37
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,490 Times in 1,688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post
3 types of people drive these cars:

1. Nerds/old people
2. Rich asians
3. Rockstars/celebrities
You can also include professional athletes in that mix of buyers of the Huracan.

-looking forward to a comparison test between the Huracan and the 458.

I'm thinking that Ferrari should be somewhat worried about this rival car.

-more horsepower than the 458. -also has dual clutch transmission like the 458.

-has a better looking interior, especially the Aventador-like rev counter and speedometer, than the Italia.

-still like the 458's styling a bit more than this new car. Dat ass.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:59 AM   #38
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
it reminds me a bit of the Countach actually like the Countach had a baby with the Elemento

don't like it maybe it would look better in person
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 12:19 PM   #39
Banned (ABWS)

still garbage.
maksimizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:02 PM   #40
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
You can also include professional athletes in that mix of buyers of the Huracan.

-looking forward to a comparison test between the Huracan and the 458.

I'm thinking that Ferrari should be somewhat worried about this rival car.

-more horsepower than the 458. -also has dual clutch transmission like the 458.

-has a better looking interior, especially the Aventador-like rev counter and speedometer, than the Italia.

-still like the 458's styling a bit more than this new car. Dat ass.
With the launch of the 458 Speciale, I would guess that the 458 replacement is well underway and should be ready for Geneva 2015. That should be the real competition for the Huracan.
Old 12-20-2013, 01:09 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
still garbage.
stop comparing it to GTR

give Lambo a break
Old 12-20-2013, 01:14 PM   #42
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
LOL Timpo.. WHY are you comparing exotics to domestic or JDM cars... no comparison....

you can make a honda civic have 600hp+.. so whats your point?

Whos gona stare a mustang with 600hp when its next to a ferrari/lambo or whatever exotic?
Old 12-20-2013, 01:53 PM   #43
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,874 Times in 604 Posts
The 458 and hurican have 563hp and 610hp, big numbers, but in a straight line or real world driving, they are soon going to get demolished by twin turbo v8s from BMW, audis, and mercs. I think it is a matter of time before Ferrari and Lamborghini will have to go the tt route to keep up. Unfortunately braging rights are more important than driving excitement to sell cars
86 944 Turbo with 340rwhp Lindsay Racing kit
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
Z3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 02:00 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfGang View Post
thats exactly why i don't like it too much….i never found the sesto nice to look at…it looks like crap especially the rear. I agree with PreludeSRV i would take a 2014 model over this new design anyday. The interior is spot on though.
How can you not like this thing

It's such a badass concept. My photos from the Lambo museum

This post thanked by:
Old 12-20-2013, 03:28 PM   #45
HELP ME PLS!!!

Old 12-20-2013, 04:27 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3guy View Post
The 458 and hurican have 563hp and 610hp, big numbers, but in a straight line or real world driving, they are soon going to get demolished by twin turbo v8s from BMW, audis, and mercs. I think it is a matter of time before Ferrari and Lamborghini will have to go the tt route to keep up. Unfortunately braging rights are more important than driving excitement to sell cars
Lambos will always have more horsepower than Ferrari.
Because that's what they're going for.

I read somewhere Lamborghini's objective is to get Ferraris off the road. That's why their main focus have always been street cars and although they have done couple of times, they could care less about F1 racing.
Old 12-20-2013, 05:41 PM   #47
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

honestly not that much of a fan of the front end, the front bumper looks like its goes down to the lip too much imo

other than that, it looks nice, has a good combination of flowing lines and the lamborghini angular-ness ]

also, what happened to the name cabrera? i remember seeing it around when they spy shots were emerging, did they just scrap it at the end for the new name or was it just a crazy curve ball

Last edited by Mr.Stubbz; 12-20-2013 at 05:55 PM.
Mr.Stubbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 10:37 PM   #48

meh,

at the end of the day, still looks like a Gallardo
Old 12-22-2013, 08:50 AM   #49
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Looks gorgeous. I'm feeling the front more than the rear.

Has anyone come out with renderings of what the convertible version will look like?
Posted via RS Mobile
death_blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 05:29 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpo View Post
Murcielago 6.2L V12 560hp = 90hp/L
Gallardo replacement 5.2L V10 600hp = 115hp/L
Honda S2000 2.0L I4 240hp = 120hp/L

Honda technology from 90s still wins
Specific output goes up as displacement goes down. Hmm, I wonder if there could be a correlation...
One month later:
Quote:
Originally Posted by z-33 View Post
THE GUY IN THE RED SHIRT throwing the newspaper stand into the window IS INDY BHANGU FROM SURREY.
Mancini is offline   Reply With Quote