REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 05:54 PM   #4476
I bringith the lowerballerith

wow quick is pretty brutal early in the season. already got pulled in todays game against tampa
Advertisement
Old 10-15-2013, 06:01 PM   #4477
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Good win. The West can take points from the East all they want as long as its not from the Leafs.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:06 PM   #4478
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts

shannaban comming....

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2013, 06:37 PM   #4479
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Boy that's tough.

Boyle looks up and sees Lapierre is coming on the forecheck, decides to reverse the pass to his partner, and lets the puck go pretty much right at the same time Lapierre engages to hit. Not saying Boyle is at fault, just that's how I read that play. He knows he's going to get hit there (a forward will finish that check a high % of the time in the NHL) and positions himself against the glass to absorb the majority of the impact; but it looks like he tripped and ate the glass as a result.

I hate seeing d-men get creamed in those circumstances period. Hope Boyle's ok.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:52 PM   #4480
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
hahaha Higgins finally scored after 25 SOG this season
Old 10-15-2013, 07:45 PM   #4481
My homepage has been set to RS

lol mason raymond is doing well

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
Old 10-15-2013, 07:57 PM   #4482

Thanked 3,478 Times in 1,679 Posts
Shanaban is gonna suspend Lapierre for sure with that hit from behind.

Hmm, let's see what's the logic that Shanaban uses to determine the length of suspension:

"Former Canuck, not a superstar, automatic suspension". -point of contact is Boyle's upper back, right on the jersey number. Boyle's jaw hits the top of the boards. Ouch.

-cannot believe Max put up his gloves in a "What did I do" kind of gesture.

Last edited by pastarocket; 10-15-2013 at 08:08 PM.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:06 PM   #4483
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Kesler 2 goals
Higgins 1st goal

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Old 10-15-2013, 08:19 PM   #4484
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,218 Times in 1,611 Posts
I don't think Lapierre realized the extent of the damage done in that moment. He made his hit, and his focus was on the puck right away. He didn't see Boyle's jaw hit the top of the boards imo. Again, to reiterate what was said above, I'm not condoning what happened. Lappy will pay the price for this hit, you can be sure of it.

As a former Canuck, we've all seen that Lappy always finishes his hits. That's part of why we loved having him as our 4C.
Spoiler!
Old 10-15-2013, 08:25 PM   #4485

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman-19 View Post
Its also Tony Galgagger. 5 games into the season and he is crapping on Richardson. Our media is full of stupid knobs.
If Gallagher had the balls to ask some leading questions towards Torts during the post game interviews, Torts would chew Skeletor out.

Tony G. is the west coast version of Larry Books, except he's a skinny old dude. Torts would scare the living daylights out of him in a heated dialogue.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:41 PM   #4486

San Jose is still undefeated. These Sharks have bite.

Last edited by pastarocket; 10-16-2013 at 06:13 AM.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:01 PM   #4487
kwy

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
song parodies are awful 95% of the time

Hope Boyle is gonna be alright soon..doesn't look good.
1989 BMW 525i
2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
2006 Mazda 3
2008 Jeep Liberty
2003 Infiniti G35
1995 Eagle Talon
1984 Chevrolet Corvette
1981 Pontiac Trans Am
1992 BMW 535i
Old 10-15-2013, 09:48 PM   #4488
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 4,841 Times in 632 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
A song about Torts. -parody of Rihanna's song "Umbrella".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfA06w2Ghq4
pls go.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2013, 09:49 PM   #4489

Thanked 4,841 Times in 632 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not really racist! View Post
Kesler 2 goals
Higgins 1st goal

Old 10-15-2013, 09:51 PM   #4490
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaz View Post
i don't believe it one bit. he and his father, although not as bad as lindros and his father, are up there. he pulled crap like this in juniors too, as did his father. if they can get away with it there, they might as well try in the nhl.
proof??
Old 10-15-2013, 10:03 PM   #4491
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
Shanaban is gonna suspend Lapierre for sure with that hit from behind.

Hmm, let's see what's the logic that Shanaban uses to determine the length of suspension:

"Former Canuck, not a superstar, automatic suspension". -point of contact is Boyle's upper back, right on the jersey number. Boyle's jaw hits the top of the boards. Ouch.

-cannot believe Max put up his gloves in a "What did I do" kind of gesture.
You see that play happen many times in every game. Max came in with too much speed and Boyle stumbled. If you look at it and pause just before contact, you'll see Boyle is already falling over. Max's momentum carries him through Boyle and you'll notice that he doesn't extend his arms through him or make a checking motion. Basically, he gets his hands up and sort of falls over on him, unfortunately, right into the dasher. Lapierre didn't look at Boyle after the collision, so I can see why he'd think he didn't do anything wrong. I don't think this had malicious intent like when he shoved Nichol from behind.

Obviously, he's going to get suspended for it. We've seen reckless plays with bad outcomes get severely punished (Kassian), so I'd expect he'll sit for several games.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:12 PM   #4492
I'm better than you.

Thanked 3,087 Times in 658 Posts
finally kesler and higgins gets on the score sheet. i guess all along they needed a good set up guy like henrik to help them out

'14 Toyota Yaris [Work Daily]
'89 Toyota Cressida MX83 [Collector's status]
'15 Honda Ruckus [Summer cruiser]
'96 Toyota Hilux Surf KZN185 [Weekend Warrior]

Buy & Sell Ratings!
Old 10-15-2013, 10:30 PM   #4493
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaz View Post
i don't believe it one bit. he and his father, although not as bad as lindros and his father, are up there. he pulled crap like this in juniors too, as did his father. if they can get away with it there, they might as well try in the nhl.
I'm with you. His dad didn't need to call MG, just call and bitch to the agent. Coho didn't need to ask MG for more ice time, just go bitch to the agent. So Coho didn't necessarily lie in the interview, he's just not telling the whole story.

With the way that he was employed to prop his play up and how AV protected him from defensive situations, I'd tend to side towards MG. I'd say that Coho wasn't exactly the most cooperative player, and we also saw this in the summer when he was holding the Sabres ransom with his contract.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:58 PM   #4494

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
I'm with you. His dad didn't need to call MG, just call and bitch to the agent. Coho didn't need to ask MG for more ice time, just go bitch to the agent. So Coho didn't necessarily lie in the interview, he's just not telling the whole story.

With the way that he was employed to prop his play up and how AV protected him from defensive situations, I'd tend to side towards MG. I'd say that Coho wasn't exactly the most cooperative player, and we also saw this in the summer when he was holding the Sabres ransom with his contract.
Regardless of who said what to whom it was the wrong time to trade Hodgson, especially with no solid third line center waiting in the wings. Mike Gillis has pretty much been a failure since then.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:30 AM   #4495

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Kassian numbers doesn't seem like he cares a whole lot.
Old 10-16-2013, 02:28 AM   #4496

Thanked 2,474 Times in 543 Posts
Don't worry power forwards take awhile to develop
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 10-16-2013, 06:07 AM   #4497
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,193 Times in 2,275 Posts
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed2K View Post
Regardless of who said what to whom it was the wrong time to trade Hodgson, especially with no solid third line center waiting in the wings. Mike Gillis has pretty much been a failure since then.
I know we are in a hockey mad city, but do people still give a crap about this? Im so glad he's gone, the work ethic from him just wasn't there.
Old 10-16-2013, 06:10 AM   #4498

-wonder what the team's record is
right now when they are trailing one goal or more heading into the third period of a game. Anybody have the stats?

Torts should get some credit for helping the team find that extra gear for these comeback wins.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 10-16-2013, 06:54 AM   #4499
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Quote:

How exactly was Cody holding the Sabres ransom, it's called contract negotiations for a free agent. Both Sabres management and Cody confirmed that there was open dialogue between both sides during the summer, with two offers presented by the Sabres, one long term, one short term, that Cody took some time to mull over which route he preferred to take. He signed before camp started, he didn't hold out, so I don't get how fans in Vancouver keep thinking he was being difficult.

Contract negotiations are a two way street and like many other RFAs, this year and past (Pieterangelo, Stephan, Subban, Kadri, Tanev, etc... even Kesler in the past as a RFA) both sides took the summer to leverage the best deal for themselves and ultimately meet somewhere in the middle .

I can understand how Vancouver fans and media are kind of biased against Cody, you are fans of the team and mostly due to how Gillis has spun his departure, but that is all it is, a spin job by Gillis to save face. Those here on RS that know me personally can atest to the fact that I personally know a number of the Canucks and NHLers and have personal and professional dealings with them, that is how I knew the Burrows extension and contract details before any media member or source announced it and posted it on RS for you guys.

I've posted this when the trade happened, and I'll post it again now since so many seem to have bought into the Gillis spin job and bs. From my understanding from people in the organization, all that really happened was Cody's agent checking in with the Canucks and talking about some issues, which every agent does for their player a few times a year. Guess what, NHL management routinely fields calls from player's representatives a couple times a year regarding everything from players days off, per diems, travel arrangements, followup on players play and how they being used on the team, etc... this happens for every player. For those of us with professions where we don't have an agent or management, we deal with these request and job reviews ourselves with our bosses, in sports, entertainment and fields with agents, the agents deal with this.

The one thing with Cody's agent that was routinely discussed that was perhaps a bit uncommon was his relationship with AV, but that was a disaster right off the bat, mostly due to AV accusing Cody of faking an injury and not wanting to work hard in his first camp, when later, it was proven that AV was wrong and Cody did have a serious back issue. AV is known to be extra hard on talented young kids and favor the less talented grinder types as AV seemed to always resent players who had everything come so natural to them as AV never had it that way when he played and related more to the Tanner Glass type of player himself. AV's treatment of Cody seemed to get worse after he was made to look idiotic for denying Cody had a legitimate back injury and it kept going down hill from there out of resentment from AV's side, there was some serious fucked up day to day treatment of Cody by AV on a continuing basis. Gillis knew he had to make a decision, move Cody or fire AV, Gillis at that time ultimately decided to stick with AV, so the spin job started. Taking routine player's representative discussions with the team, that happens all the time with every player, and making it more than it really was, because he knew the was a legitimate underlying issue between AV and Cody. Gillis decided to stick with AV at that time, and spun the trade and dealings to make AV and the Canucks look 100% positive.

Last edited by 7seven; 10-16-2013 at 07:10 AM.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:51 AM   #4500
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,031 Times in 2,071 Posts
I dunno man.. seems like a lot of work for MG to fabricate stories about Cody's camp being difficult and then have to deal with the media for years to come. Would have been much easier to stay quiet and just say he didn't suit the organization's needs as much as a Kassian type player would (at the time).

Long story short, MG isn't the type of person to outright publicly lie about a situation IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
Closed Thread