REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-12-2013, 12:02 AM   #1
I subscribe to Revscene

Woman Wakes Up Just Before Organ Harvest

Woman Wakes Up Just Before Organ Harvest

Quote:
A woman named Colleen Burns recently opened her eyes to find herself on an operating table in a hospital in Syracuse, NY. Looking around, she noticed that she was the subject of the operation. It turns out doctors were about to harvest her organs and send them to other waiting surgeons who would transplant them into other patients.

And how did it happen? Doctors falsely pronounced her dead by fraudulently claiming she had suffered "cardiopulmonary arrest" and "irreversible brain damage." This gave them the medical justification to start slicing away even while the woman's heart was still beating.

This is a big "holy crap I didn't know that" fact about organ donations: Doctors don't wait until you're really dead. At least not by any normal definition of "dead."

See, you and I think "dead" means your heart isn't beating, your brain isn't functioning, and you're lifeless. But hospitals -- which happen to generate huge profits from the trade of transplant organs -- have a strong financial incentive to declare you "medically dead" long before you're actually lifeless.

They can, in fact, declare you "dead" even when your heart is still beating and you still have brain activity. And they often do. This is how a lot of the organ harvesting in America actually gets done: patients that are on the verge of death (but not yet actually dead) are simply "declared" dead, then their organs are quickly removed, killing them for good.

It's a crime that takes place every day in America, where U.S. hospitals have been caught over and over again engaging in black market organ trafficking.
Horror as patient wakes up in NY hospital with doctors trying to harvest her organs for transplant profits

This one is going to get ugly, I can already predict my getting banned from this thread.

Long speaking view over the incident
Advertisement
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc

Last edited by Graeme S; 07-12-2013 at 01:19 PM. Reason: edited for embed of second video
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:07 AM   #2
Banned By Establishment

10/10 thread.
predom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:11 AM   #3
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,775 Times in 8,169 Posts
For the true story not written by a lunatic who decided to make up a bunch of shit, here's another source

Basically they fucked up and thought she was dead since she was OD'd on drugs and her brain was unresponsive.

Close call? Yup. Deep dark secret conspiracy to "harvest" organs? No.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:13 AM   #4
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post

This one is going to get ugly, I can already predict my getting banned from this thread.
Oh why the hell on earth would you think that...hmm I wonder...
BaoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:20 AM   #5
I subscribe to Revscene

2 New Jersey mayors involved in organ trafficking... where did these organs come from? and what hospitals and doctors made these transplants?
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
Old 07-12-2013, 12:45 AM   #6
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Anyone else read the title as "Woman Wakes Up Just Before Orgasm Harvest" ?
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:46 AM   #7

Quote:
2 New Jersey mayors involved in organ trafficking... where did these organs come from? and what hospitals and doctors made these transplants?
New Jersey Human Organ Trafficking/ Money laundering by Mayors & Rabbis - YouTube
They came IN to the US from Israel. It was said so right in the video you posted. It's one part of the major corruption that was going on.

The guy did 3 kidney transplants, for $120K a pop. There is not enough of a supply of kidneys to meet the needs, so I guess rich sick people saw the market, and there was enough demand that they took the risk.

It doesn't mean they are 'harvesting' organs from people who are still alive.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:50 AM   #8
xxx

Oleophobic is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-12-2013, 05:51 AM   #9
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
There are a lot of rumors/conspiracies about organ harvesting rings not only in America but throughout the world and tbh I don't find it too surprising that something like that would exist but not to the scale/severity that some would like us to believe

Thought this was a bs article too lol but i googled it just in case 'Dead' woman wakes up on operating table as organs about to be removed - Telegraph
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:07 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
There are a lot of rumors/conspiracies about organ harvesting rings not only in America but throughout the world and tbh I don't find it too surprising that something like that would exist but not to the scale/severity that some would like us to believe

Thought this was a bs article too lol but i googled it just in case 'Dead' woman wakes up on operating table as organs about to be removed - Telegraph
I already posted a more legit source... It happened, except it wasn't a case of evil jews harvesting organs from live patients, it was just a hospital fucking up with a brain dead patient who was no longer brain dead
Old 07-12-2013, 06:52 AM   #11
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
Maybe someone can harvest CiC's brain and swap it with a lab rat. It would instantly double the rats IQ.
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-12-2013, 10:00 AM   #12
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangonay View Post
Maybe someone can harvest CiC's brain and swap it with a lab rat. It would instantly halve the rats IQ.
Fixed.
BurnoutBinLaden is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-12-2013, 10:31 AM   #13
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
You know, you can really build a conspiracy out of everything.

Save-On Foods offers foods to sell...FOR PROFIT. I tell you now, they conspire to make me hungry. I don't know how, but that Pattison guy(obviously jewish, it was probably Pattigoldberg) is raking it in on the conspiracy.

Dude! Come on! The story of a woman waking up to the operation of her own organ harvest is sensational enough. No need to glam it up with a conspiracy.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-12-2013, 11:47 AM   #14
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-12-2013, 11:49 AM   #15
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
After heart problems and cancer, arent doctors and hospitals in the top three, responsible for killing people?

Quote:
Save-On Foods offers foods to sell...FOR PROFIT. I tell you now, they conspire to make me hungry. I don't know how, but that Pattison guy(obviously jewish, it was probably Pattigoldberg) is raking it in on the conspiracy.
Dont you think you are conditioned to make fun and deflect of isreali atrocities or persons in high positions who claim to be Jews?

Palestinians

Ukraine, Russia, Maldova, Belarus, Uzbekistan

Haiti
The advanced equipment in Haiti

When these sources of organs are blocked from coming into New Brunswick and New York hospitals... where else are they going to look for body parts?

Quote:
Dude! Come on! The story of a woman waking up to the operation of her own organ harvest is sensational enough. No need to glam it up with a conspiracy.
Furthermore, the day before her organs were to be removed, a nurse had performed a reflex test – scraping a finger on the bottom of her foot. The toes curled downward – not the expected reaction of someone who's supposed to be dead.

Outside the operating theatre, her nostrils appeared to show signs of breathing, and her lips and tongue moved.

"Dead people don't curl their toes," said Dr Charles Wetli, a forensic pathologist from New Jersey. "And they don't fight against the respirator and want to breathe on their own."

Twenty minutes after those observations were made, a nurse gave Burns an injection of the sedative Ativan, according to records

Right, just a mistake... no conspiracy here.

“Go back to bed, America. Your government has figured out how it all transpired. Go back to bed, America. Your government is in control again. Here. Here's American Gladiators. Watch this, shut up. Go back to bed, America. Here is American Gladiators. Here is 56 channels of it! Watch these pituitary retards bang their fucking skulls together and congratulate you on living in the land of freedom. Here you go, America! You are free to do what we tell you! You are free to do what we tell you!”

Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc

Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 07-12-2013 at 02:25 PM. Reason: edited for quoting/response clarity and youtube embed.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-12-2013, 12:29 PM   #16
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:

Exactly, that's my issue with all this bullshit. Charlie is the boy who cries wolf, everything is a fucking conspiracy and one day he's actually going to post something that has some merit but everybody is going to be like fuck off Charlie you and your theory are once again full of shit. All these nutjobs....sorry I mean theorists are the same way, they look at everything and try and find some ulterior motive when in reality shit happens.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:52 PM   #17
I subscribe to Revscene

Well atleast you know where the people stand.
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
Old 07-12-2013, 01:06 PM   #18
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
skip to 1:30 and mute the music

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-12-2013, 01:11 PM   #19

Quote:
Well atleast you know where the people stand.
Right back at you friend.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
Old 07-12-2013, 01:34 PM   #20
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
So, a bit of [gasp!] sanity here.

CiC, you have a thread for consipracy and zionist stuff. That stuff stays there. I've edited your posts here for clarity but not content, however any future posts on those topics here will be moved to that thread. I don't enjoy banning people from threads, especially when it's threads they start.

Certainly, mistakes happen. And absolutely this is one of those cases. We can also tell that the issues go deeper because the patient in question's depression led her to suicide after this, and attempts beforehand (ie: what brought us to this incident). Did the hospital fail to follow its own procedures and listen to its staff (the nurses)? Absolutely. Is this a systemic failure? No.

Do people die in hospitals? Absolutely. But people are also on the whole living much longer. Some people are going back to the 'paleo diet' because it's more healthy and better for our bodies. People seem to forget that we used to live only to about the age of 40 if we were lucky, and that before modern agrarian developments we were typically about a foot shorter than we now find ourselves. Am I saying that our world is perfect now? No. But not everything can be blamed on the fault of individuals or groups (either real or imagined).

Shit happens. We are living in an fucking amazing time where information, both good and bad, can be had in an instant's notice; where we can push our voices and ideas across the entire world. Where previously-fatal diseases can be reduced to virtually nothing within the space of a generation (HIV/AIDS now only takes ARVs which reduces the viral load to below the threshold required to infect others). Where a heart attack is no longer fatal. Where being shot or stabbed or losing an eye or having brain damage, or even being torn in half no longer means death.

Now. You're welcome to debate the advantages and disadvantages of the medical system, but this thread should be limited to a discussion on the current system of organ harvesting, the ups and downs of the medical system, the effectiveness of our system of measuring 'death' and 'validity' and so on.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-12-2013, 02:45 PM   #21
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Fourth time's the charm. Chucky's got a three-day bunnyban.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 04:19 PM   #22
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,490 Times in 570 Posts
I dont know why you guys are so critical and hard on him. I find some of it humorous. I guess its just cus he goes against the grain of society.
The sheep meme is funny and does have a grain of truth to it as well.

11938 95a Ave Delta
I can be reached VIA text @ 778-232-1465

Oil change special $70 5 liters synthetic oil including OEM filter Fender rolling from $45 per fender
Car Audio:
Focal, Morel, Genesis, Clarion, Scosche, Escort, Compustar, GReddy, Blitz, Tomei, Motul, Endless, Defi, Cusco, Nismo + More

We specialize in:
Custom Car Audio
Race/4x4 Fabrication
Forced Induction
Engine Swaps
General Maintenance
Phil@rise is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-12-2013, 04:54 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil@rise View Post
I dont know why you guys are so critical and hard on him. I find some of it humorous. I guess its just cus he goes against the grain of society.
The sheep meme is funny and does have a grain of truth to it as well.

It's not that he goes against the grain, it's that he always goes against the grain and although critical thinking is important he believes that there is an ulterior motive behind everything. Someone could get diarrhea and Chuckles will argue until he's blue in the face that it's a setup, dude on the shitter was actually poisoned because he knew to much.

The sheep picture was funny though.

Old 07-12-2013, 05:27 PM   #24
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Its highly ironic that the only CiC is the only person on this forums actually post sources to back up his arguments. Crazy or not, he's one of the few members that doesn't just defecate all over his keyboard, and then proceed to call whoever disagrees with them idiots.
Geoc is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-12-2013, 05:32 PM   #25
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,221 Times in 1,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoc View Post
Its highly ironic that the only CiC is the only person on this forums actually post sources to back up his arguments. Crazy or not, he's one of the few members that doesn't just defecate all over his keyboard, and then proceed to call whoever disagrees with them idiots.
Yeah, here's a PressTV article and if you don't agree with it you're just wrong. Brilliant.
Posted via RS Mobile
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: