REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-06-2013, 11:41 AM   #76
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,185 Times in 304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Note: when you come around the corner at double the speed limit, and a 900lb. animal suddenly appears in front of you, what gear you're in will be completely irrelevant to your survival.

Please learn about physics before calling people out incorrectly.
But at the end of the day, the rider is choosing to risk his own life and go double the speed limit. Most likely, he will not kill anyone else but himself if he were to crash. If this news story was about a bunch of cars racing up the S2S going double the speed limit, then sure they are idiots are deserve to have their cars impounded and licenses suspended.... But I don't think a bunch of bikes doing 160 is news/discussion worthy, since they most likely know what they are doing and are aware of the fact that, if they crash, they die.
Advertisement

A car can be only 2 out of the 3.
xpl0sive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:14 PM   #77
2 Wheelin' Mod

Don't want to start a new thread so I'll put it here

Quote:
VICTORIA (NEWS1130) – A man who was clocked going more than three times the speed limit will get to keep his luxury motorcycle.

The director of civil forfeiture took Jason Alan Dery to court in an attempt to seize the 40-year-old’s Ducati motorcycle for the speeding violation.

A court document says Dery exceeded a speed of 200 kilometres an hour on July 2, 2011 while on a road near Victoria.

BC Supreme Court Justice Gregory Bowden says while he doesn’t condone Dery’s behaviour, the government didn’t prove the motorcycle was an “instrument of unlawful activity.”

He says the act of speeding was not enough to result in forfeiture, and the government didn’t prove the motorbike’s operation was likely to cause serious bodily harm to a person.

Bowden’s ruling says Dery, who has committed 39 motor-vehicle offences since 1990, has been deterred from similar behaviour in the future because of the penalties he’s accumulated.
Vancouver Island man won't lose bike for breaking 200 km/h | News1130
Posted via RS Mobile
Jas29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:34 PM   #78
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Ah The age old wolf vs the sheep debate. I love these. Everyone clinging to that 80kph sign like Allah,God,Zeus and Horus placed it upon the earth them selves are the sheep. you obey the majority rule, these rules set out by men who seek to control you. It feeds you security makes you feel safe. like sheep passing laws about vegetarian practices. The wolf will undoubtedly and stubbornly disagree till your last breathe.

But that's just my opinion.
4nik8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-06-2013, 05:50 PM   #79
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4nik8 View Post
Ah The age old wolf vs the sheep debate. I love these. Everyone clinging to that 80kph sign like Allah,God,Zeus and Horus placed it upon the earth them selves are the sheep. you obey the majority rule, these rules set out by men who seek to control you. It feeds you security makes you feel safe. like sheep passing laws about vegetarian practices. The wolf will undoubtedly and stubbornly disagree till your last breathe.

But that's just my opinion.
That is an absurdly existential take on obeying speed limits.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:00 PM   #80
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Wait. Wasn't the argument about the how extreme 162kph people made it sound like, not whether a fucking deer or a bear jumps out onto the road?

Regardless. 160 is not extreme, it's just simply fast. Therefore, it's not a daredevil act, and they're not insane. Pretty sure with all those turns (since s2s consists of sweepers after sweepers), the riders know what they're doing.

Again, I don't condone speeding, but you e-saints got to take your foot off your ass and be a little more in tune with reality.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-07-2013, 08:58 PM   #81
Marcosexual Fan Club, CEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas29 View Post
Don't want to start a new thread so I'll put it here

Vancouver Island man won't lose bike for breaking 200 km/h | News1130
Posted via RS Mobile
This is the first case I have heard of a victim of civil forfeiture laws actually taking the case to court. Most of the previous cases where the Ferrari/M6 etc were "seized" was a result of out of court settlement. I am glad that the court is coming out against these unjust laws.