REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Good news for baby killer Brunswick teen, he is guilty on all counts!! (https://www.revscene.net/forums/687823-good-news-baby-killer-brunswick-teen-he-guilty-all-counts.html)

E-SPEC 09-01-2013 03:23 PM

Good news for baby killer Brunswick teen, he is guilty on all counts!!

This evil bastard shot an innocent baby between the eyes because his Mother would not give him any money in a robbery attempt. The killers Mother is also guilty for helping him try to get away w/ it.

De'Marquise Elkins guilty in Brunswick baby murder case | 11alive.com

I predict he will be killed in Jail. I hope he experiences ultimate torture and horror before that happens.

4444 09-01-2013 03:29 PM

Baby's still dead... Sadly there are no winners here.

At least this small piece of the justice system worked.

And, yes, a baby killer - he's a dead man walking

Mr.HappySilp 09-01-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4444 (Post 8311736)
Baby's still dead... Sadly there are no winners here.

At least this small piece of the justice system worked.

And, yes, a baby killer - he's a dead man walking

Most likely not. When he is in jail he is going to have his own private cell that's 1200SQ FT with a bouncy view. Not to mention due to other inmates that might hurt him, he most likely won't be working either

So to sum it up he gets private cell, doesn't have work, gets to free load of tax payers money for say 30years.

I would much rather seem him kill (eye for an eye) or be ship to 3rd world country and sold as slave.

4444 09-01-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp (Post 8311753)
Most likely not. When he is in jail he is going to have his own private cell that's 1200SQ FT with a bouncy view. Not to mention due to other inmates that might hurt him, he most likely won't be working either

So to sum it up he gets private cell, doesn't have work, gets to free load of tax payers money for say 30years.

I would much rather seem him kill (eye for an eye) or be ship to 3rd world country and sold as slave.

U realize this is in the US, right, not Canada

E-SPEC 09-01-2013 05:31 PM

Exactly, what the hell are you tripping on? They are given a cell a fraction of that size W/O a view, dreamer boy.

Traum 09-01-2013 05:31 PM

As 4444 says, there are no winners here -- the baby is still dead.

Times like this is when I think capital punishment is needed.

djstyles 09-01-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4444 (Post 8311769)

I think in the first post he saw Brunswick and thought New Brunswick and not Brunswick,GA
Posted via RS Mobile

JaPoola 09-01-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traum (Post 8311778)
As 4444 says, there are no winners here -- the baby is still dead.

Times like this is when I think capital punishment is needed.

This happened in Georgia where they have capital punishment. Looks like the death penalty is a great deterrent for these types of crimes... NOT!

Traum 09-01-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaPoola (Post 8311781)
This happened in Georgia where they have capital punishment. Looks like the death penalty is a great deterrent for these types of crimes... NOT!

In this case, I would think of the death penalty as less of a deterrent, but more of a means to bring closure to the victim's family. No, it doesn't replace the loss of the baby's life. But I suppose it is probably worth something...

StylinRed 09-01-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp (Post 8311753)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4444 (Post 8311769)

baby killers/pedophiles/rapists get attacked all the time in the penitentiary/pre-trial jails, even with protective custody wings

chouchou 09-01-2013 05:54 PM

My god.. the guy is only 18. Don't really know what to think. RIP

E-SPEC 09-01-2013 05:56 PM

He did not get the death penalty because he was 17 at the time of the crime.

Mr.HappySilp 09-01-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StylinRed (Post 8311787)
baby killers/pedophiles/rapists get attacked all the time in the penitentiary/pre-trial jails, even with protective custody wings

I still think he should be kill. At 17 he is more than aware of what he is doing and can make a clear decision.

Manic! 09-01-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp (Post 8311798)
I still think he should be kill. At 17 he is more than aware of what he is doing and can make a clear decision.

Executing someone makes you no better than the killer.

DC5-S 09-01-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manic! (Post 8311810)

Yes it does, because you're not killing an innocent person, you're killing someone that has killed an innocent person.. A burden on this earth

punkwax 09-01-2013 07:24 PM

inb4 Ghandi quote.

RIP to the baby.

124Y 09-01-2013 07:43 PM

Either way, just like what 4444 said, there are no winners here. RIP :(

E-SPEC 09-01-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manic! (Post 8311810)

And people like you are no better than the judges who let murderers and pedophiles off w/ BS light sentences.

Redlines_Daily 09-01-2013 08:44 PM

What's the point of threads like this...so much negative news shared here, I swear some of you guys just like finding new reasons to be angry at the world.

E-SPEC 09-01-2013 08:45 PM

Well lol how can you be no better than someone who killed a baby in cold blood?? That makes no sense. Refering to failers..

E-SPEC 09-01-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redlines_Daily (Post 8311856)
What's the point of threads like this...so much negative news shared here, I swear some of you guys just like finding new reasons to be angry at the world.

You don't have to view the thread if you don't want to. I'm certainly not angry at the world. Just saying.

Manic! 09-01-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC5-S (Post 8311814)
Yes it does, because you're not killing an innocent person, you're killing someone that has killed an innocent person.. A burden on this earth

Lots of people are a burden on society should they all be killed? and look at how many people have been wrongly sent to death row.

Wrongful execution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Truscott
Quote:

Originally Posted by E-SPEC (Post 8311832)
And people like you are no better than the judges who let murderers and pedophiles off w/ BS light sentences.

Sending a lifetime in jail is a lot harder on the criminal than being killed by the government. Also Why doesn't every murderer get the death penalty?

If murder is illegal no one should be allowed to commit it including the government.

Lomac 09-01-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E-SPEC (Post 8311857)
Well lol how can you be no better than someone who killed a baby in cold blood?? That makes no sense. Refering to failers..

Because the death sentence is an easy way out. Oh, sure, most people condemned to death still wait for years before it happens due to the amount of appeals they tend to file, but at the end of the day, it's a big hearty meal of whatever they want to eat, they go lie down, get stuck with a needle, and basically fall asleep before dying.

I'd be more than happy having some of my tax dollars going towards keeping people like this alive, so that their fellow inmates get to perform a version of vigilante justice that us regular folks are unable to dispense. Call me cruel, but I'd rather this guy suffers for as long as possible before likely dying painfully from a makeshift shiv rather than stay in an isolated cell and receive a painless death. Hammurabi's Code stating an Eye For An Eye may have it's place at certain times, but in this case I'd rather an eye, arm, foot, liver, kidney, teeth, etc For An Eye.

E-SPEC 09-01-2013 08:56 PM

I agree w/ you, more less speaking on just the entirety of killing someone who killed someone so innocent.

Ulic Qel-Droma 09-02-2013 02:11 AM

we can take this logic another step further.

we want to prevent crimes. only the living can commit crimes, therefore, to live is a crime. death should be the punishment for all living.

every human, is a potential criminal. all humans are guilty. execute them all. there will be peace without the living.

i mean, not all bacteria are harmful, but we make no subjective choice to spare which ones are on our counter top. we just wipe them all out. that's safest and easiest right?
same goes as bugs... same goes as anything we "don't like"... why be so choosy when it is ourselves under the microscope?

in a blink of an eye, irrational decisions can be made based on extreme emotions alone. no one is immune to this.

it only depends if you've ever come across one of the many possibilities where you will lose sight of what's right and wrong and do something extremely regrettable.