REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 05-27-2015, 04:17 PM   #1876
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Really need some help with my N5. About a month ago, my phone stopped being able to connect to wifi or bluetooth. All it says is "Turning wi-fi on" and it just stays like that. I have tried so many different "solutions" but none of them have helped at all. Even tried factory resetting 3 different times and had to re-download the majority of my apps on data. Nothing has helped at all. Recently, its been restarting by itself and getting stuck on the Google screen until I force restart it. Really need some help I feel like just smashing this phone lol
Advertisement
alwayslive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 07:00 AM   #1877
Bieksa eats bears for breakfast...

Can you reload the firmware? Or get someone to reload the firmware for you?

Your balls are sensitive things!! They shouldn't be played around with, at least not like that, and you should NOT BE DIPPING THEM IN AFTERSHAVE! Oh my god, I feel sorry for your balls!"

ODC: "Wrong, a roots type blower will produce max boost from 0rpm to redline."

Iceman_19: "A roots makes zero boost at zero rpm, lol"

Ulic Qel-Droma: "haha go google image big black dick. or black cock. i forgot which term i used. it's one of the many."
Iceman_2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 07:03 AM   #1878
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwayslive View Post
Really need some help with my N5. About a month ago, my phone stopped being able to connect to wifi or bluetooth. All it says is "Turning wi-fi on" and it just stays like that. I have tried so many different "solutions" but none of them have helped at all. Even tried factory resetting 3 different times and had to re-download the majority of my apps on data. Nothing has helped at all. Recently, its been restarting by itself and getting stuck on the Google screen until I force restart it. Really need some help I feel like just smashing this phone lol
Have you loaded a custom firmware or ROM on it before?
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 07:36 AM   #1879

I have no idea how to do either lol
Old 05-28-2015, 10:07 AM   #1880
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwayslive View Post
I have no idea how to do either lol
How long you had the phone for? Maybe trying install custom rom, kernel and see if that helps?
Old 05-28-2015, 10:12 AM   #1881

I've had the phone for about 3-4 months now and have had no problems until about a month ago. I just updated to 5.1.1 and still, nothing. Would you guys think that installing a custom rom would do anything as the update to 5.1.1 would do anything? And what exactly is a custom rom? Is that just changing to another/older version like kitkat?
Old 06-22-2015, 08:43 PM   #1882
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
i upgraded to 5.1 finally, thought it was alright (dont like the new organization of photos)
then i see the notification for 5.1.1 so i'm like 'may as well'

and under 5.1.1 my photos won't load, it just hangs with the spinning circle, i left it for an hour now and nothing, reboot doesn't do jack either -_- bleeh
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 02:00 AM   #1883
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Hey guys

I am Running version 5.1.1 and somehow today I received a notification from my phone saying I had reached my monthly limit for my data usage for the month.

I thought this was impossible since the month just started and I looked on my data usage and saw that Google Dialer had used 3.2 gigs in a day.

I started reading up on it but I can't find any solution on how I can fix this issue to prevent it from happening again
ewong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 07:32 AM   #1884

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewong View Post
Hey guys

I am Running version 5.1.1 and somehow today I received a notification from my phone saying I had reached my monthly limit for my data usage for the month.

I thought this was impossible since the month just started and I looked on my data usage and saw that Google Dialer had used 3.2 gigs in a day.

I started reading up on it but I can't find any solution on how I can fix this issue to prevent it from happening again
turn off goggle service. Or download an app to prevent certain apps to have access to the Internet.
Old 10-21-2015, 12:58 PM   #1885
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
So the other day I was able to update OTA to Marshmallow

I hadn't installed it until this morning, and after it completed, there was a pattern lock on my device! and no matter what I tried or how often, I can't get in, and there doesn't seem to be a limit to tries, so I'm not getting prompted to enter my Android credentials as an optional login

No idea what to do now, Android Device Manager doesn't work either, it tells me since it's detected a screen lock on my device the password i entered won't be needed -_-

wtf??
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 10:50 AM   #1886
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Anybody else have hotmail issues using the GMail app after 6.0 update? It would just randomly stop receiving emails.
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 11:57 AM   #1887
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,068 Times in 358 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expresso View Post
Anybody else have hotmail issues using the GMail app after 6.0 update? It would just randomly stop receiving emails.
My girlfriend uses a Live email and had problems with the Gmail app after updating. Couldn't figure it out so she ended up switching over to using her Gmail address.
roflwaffle604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 01:48 PM   #1888
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Does anyone's nexus 5 run out of app memory? I hardly have anything installed, but it says its full...
Rjtoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 02:28 PM   #1889
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,242 Times in 861 Posts
Since I have updated my nexus 5 there has been a huge amount of battery use coming from WIFI.

I charged to full last night and turned off location/wifi etc and went to bed. Woke up and drained 10%. Have kept it off all day and I'm sitting at 50% battery and 29% of it has been wifi....

I've searched and it seems to be known but haven't really figured out how to fix.

Anyone else having issues?
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 02:45 PM   #1890

Yeah I've noticed my battery life has been draining faster than before after updating too
Old 10-28-2015, 04:18 PM   #1891
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,402 Times in 552 Posts
I recently discovered this wipe cache function. It seemed to solve a massive amount of battery drain problems, while making my available memory/ram much higher.

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-9578

Then upgraded to Marshmellow. Now i'm reconsidering if its even worth it to upgrade phones, the phone can probably last another good year at this pace.
Teriyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-28-2015, 05:45 PM   #1892
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Everytime I attempt to update, the green android guy dies and it says Error! anyone else have this problem?
vixroar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 06:36 PM   #1893
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vixroar View Post
Everytime I attempt to update, the green android guy dies and it says Error! anyone else have this problem?
most likely is that you have rooted. do a fresh install with the factory image and should make it disappear
Tim Budong is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-28-2015, 06:45 PM   #1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teriyaki View Post
I recently discovered this wipe cache function. It seemed to solve a massive amount of battery drain problems, while making my available memory/ram much higher.

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-9578

Then upgraded to Marshmellow. Now i'm reconsidering if its even worth it to upgrade phones, the phone can probably last another good year at this pace.
Thanks! Phone is noticeably quicker and snappier after doing this!

Dammit, just as I was set on upgrading phones soon