REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 09-14-2013, 08:51 AM   #26
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
^ Worst part is the fact that you literally can't see out of the damn thing...
Advertisement

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:38 AM   #27
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
idk if it's just me...but those taillights strangely resemble 5th gen prelude tails?
Posted via RS Mobile
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-14-2013, 12:32 PM   #28
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Calling your new sports car the Camaro gains you 10% more buyers, and 25% more complaints about each and every nuance of the the design, handling, spirit and performance of the car.

If they had called it the 'Chevrolet GTW Grand X 3000' we wouldn't have 2 pages of discussion about the bloody tailights and I would not have gone and searched this pic that shows the 'new' taillights actually look closer to the original.

Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-14-2013, 04:37 PM   #29
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

wtf. its like a fking prelude in the back...
JAYWALKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:30 PM   #30
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Am I the only one who likes it more now?
db2 #51 - garage queen/summer daily
golf mk3 - 2016 winter beater [sold]
ae92 - 2017 spring beater
Cillu is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-15-2013, 07:56 PM   #31

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
Calling your new sports car the Camaro gains you 10% more buyers, and 25% more complaints about each and every nuance of the the design, handling, spirit and performance of the car.

If they had called it the 'Chevrolet GTW Grand X 3000' we wouldn't have 2 pages of discussion about the bloody tailights and I would not have gone and searched this pic that shows the 'new' taillights actually look closer to the original.

god that car is beautiful!

i wonder how hard it would be to make the current one look identical to that - the current isn't exactly easy to live with (poor visability)

i wonder what the differences are in dimensions.

i do realize that crash ratings would alter certain aspects, but i wonder if it could be easily done at a factory level using modern technologies and materials - their attempt to make a 'modern day' version of the originals just hasn't worked, it just looks bland (as previously mentioned).

as someone that used to love, and own camaros, i'd love to see a true modern remake of a 1st gen

edit: doing a quick goog - the 5th gen is longer, wider, and taller than the original - the only issue re: safety that i can figure is the height, about 3 inches taller, i'd imagine you need to have taller cars to fit in the crash safety stuff, but is an interesting thought, nonetheless
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:07 PM   #32
hoppity HOP HOP

Thanked 1,617 Times in 522 Posts
Quote:

I googled the same pic the first time this topic came around.

http://www.revscene.net/forums/68223...ml#post8196595
Spectre_Cdn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:08 PM   #33

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
actually doing it the other way would make much more sense. find a body and do custom chassis and drivetrain. that sir, would be one sexy beast of a camaro.
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:48 PM   #34
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
4444...I think the closest would be the challenger. Side by side, they seem to be the closest in terms of matching the design and dimensions of the original, so I'd use that as a basis for how close you can come.

Ironically enough in this thread...I never really liked the Camaro lol. I never really found the 1st gen to be all that good looking a car.

Just a personal taste thing.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-15-2013, 09:00 PM   #35

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
4444...I think the closest would be the challenger. Side by side, they seem to be the closest in terms of matching the design and dimensions of the original, so I'd use that as a basis for how close you can come.

Ironically enough in this thread...I never really liked the Camaro lol. I never really found the 1st gen to be all that good looking a car.

Just a personal taste thing.
ugh, those challengers (and all the dodge line up) just look so fat, big, ugly, and wasteful...

guess i'm showing my age in liking smaller, more efficient cars (nothing gets me going like a k20 or something like that, when i used to be all about LT1's and LS1's)
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: