REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 09-25-2013, 09:22 PM   #26
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,149 Times in 7,150 Posts
I went around 3 before the tents were up. Unless they had a ton of stuff to unpack (I'm pretty sure they didn't) there wasn't anything very interesting for me from last year.
Advertisement
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:24 PM   #27
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,437 Times in 376 Posts
Went in search for Smith I/OX goggles and boots. It was 10% off + the $20 coupon when spending over $99 which ends up to be $180 with tax. So I think I'm going to get last year's on ebay for $120.
My friends went for bindings they didn't have sizes. Boards-wise they didn't have too much on sale and @only 40% they weren't out of the world deals that I would jump on right away. We all left empty handed. Had some free beers and waffles though LOL

I ended up finding some Burton Cartels for my friend online for $143 just now. I bought the 2013 K2 Darko's online as well. They've been getting really good reviews all over the place. They have an internal BOA system for the liner and laces on the exterior. Hopefully this doesn't fail on me..
'06 BMW 330i [RIP]

'02 BMW M3
'99 Honda Civic SIR [sold]
'19 Civic Type R[sold]
'22 MINI Cooper SE
My Photojournal: simplexcars
Simplex123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:22 AM   #28
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 2,284 Times in 186 Posts
Hey guys,

This will be my first winter i'll officially invest in getting all my gear. if i went to one of these sample sales what kind of savings would i get? the whole package of boots/binding/board is usually ~400-500 REG?
Old 09-26-2013, 08:06 AM   #29

You can go cheap and spend 2-300 on board/bindings on Craigslist and spend like 150 on new boots. But if you buy new it can EASILY run you 6 bills
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 09-26-2013, 10:36 AM   #30

Yeah I got my first board off craigslist. Board and binding combo for like 240. Board was a few years old but was in excellent condition. Bindings wrre scuffed a bit but what do you expect? Boots just find something that's comfortable. There's a friends and family sale at spark chek right now. Print out the coupon and get 25% off or wait till the next warehouse sale in like 2 weeks. But you gotta find a good jacket and pants too. Its not fun if you're cold.
Posted via RS Mobile
heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:34 AM   #31
McFogg The Dawg is my homeboy

Thanked 1,130 Times in 286 Posts
I was pretty broke last year so I got rid of all my old gear for some extra cash and they were all second hand beginner stuff anyways. This season I'm good to go though and will start shopping for gear real soon. Can't wait to get back to the slopes woop woop. Will you guys be having trips to the slopes together?

Last edited by kevin7352; 09-26-2013 at 11:55 AM.
kevin7352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:40 PM   #32
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Would be cool if more meets were arranged. I know that theres some people that goes with friends that are also from rs.

I remember the one time like 2 seasons ago were we had at least 10 people in our party while we were taking a break in the lodge at cypress. Good times.
TOS'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 06:20 PM   #33

Yeah that would be awesome. I already have 4 Whistler trips planned out. 2 in January and 2 in February
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 09-26-2013, 09:14 PM   #34
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
Ya I organized a meet last year where quite a few of us RS showed up. Like 6-7? Can't remember. Would be nice to head up again. And for the q towers and crossbar, does any "Honda" application fit mine?? Or do I still have to look for a certain one
Posted via RS Mobile
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:47 PM   #35

anyone have a recommendation for face masks? im thinking of getting one soon just to get it over with. im thinking of the air hole masks, designs arent bad and the holes useful. anyone have anything else?
Old 09-26-2013, 11:13 PM   #36
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,149 Times in 7,150 Posts
Just get a balaclava and it will save you from looking like every 14 year old skid bonking rails and getting in the way in the park.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:16 PM   #37
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Do any of you know any specific models of goggles that have space for glasses inside too? Tried contacts, just cant get used to them.
Xu.Vi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:05 AM   #38
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 2,237 Times in 251 Posts
here's a few that will fit over the glasses according to REI

ski goggles that fit over glasses at REI - FREE SHIPPING With $50 minimum purchase.
ziggyx is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-27-2013, 12:05 AM   #39
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,036 Times in 276 Posts
Uyyyyy debating about that student whistler season pass..how many times will I actually go up
1989 Yamaha Virago XV535 (sold)
1994 Ford Ranger (sold)
1998 Subaru Legacy Wagon (sold)
2014 Toyota Corolla (loaner)
1996 Isuzu Trooper (RIP🔥)
2003 Jetta Wolfie (sold)
1963 (T)rusty Stude Lark (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilaznviper View Post
kunoman is still alive! not raped by oil riggers yet....
kunoman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:13 AM   #40
Throw yo paws in da air!

Someone told us a good balaclava. I lost mine from last year.. What's the site again? That one from the UK

Edit : buffwear.com
Posted via RS Mobile

Last edited by XplicitLuder; 09-27-2013 at 12:18 AM.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:45 AM   #41

ss6o4 the regular I/OX will fit glasses as well.

As for buffwear if you double layer over your mouth it doesn't seem to breathe so well so it will get wet due to condensation. One layer over the mouth area seems to work much better.
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 09-27-2013, 10:42 AM   #42
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,984 Times in 1,689 Posts
For those that are new and gone a few times and ready to buy your own gear, if you're confident with your learning speed, don't buy anything too entry level.
I just started last season and already kicking myself a bit. Because I want to upgrade, except it seems dumb to do so after dropping $450 on new gear, used only about 10 times.

But my gear feels way too soft for all-mountain. My bindings come loose occasionally (as in a strap could literally fall off due to bad screws), and my boots don't seem to hold out water at all. I always end up with wet socks, which I don't think is normal. I went with a shorter rocker board for control thinking it will help me learn carving cause the tips won't catch as easily. But when I'm trying to go faster, it seems a bit unstable.

It's not a terrible set up, but I do regret a bit for not spending maybe another $100 overall to get something better...
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM

Last edited by AzNightmare; 09-27-2013 at 10:50 AM.
AzNightmare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:48 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
For those that are new and gone a few times and ready to buy your own gear, if you're confident with your learning speed, don't buy anything too entry level.
I just started last season and already kicking myself a bit. Because I want to upgrade, except it seems dumb to do so after dropping $450 on new gear, used only about 10 times.

But my gear feels way too soft for all-mountain. My bindings come loose occasionally (as in a strap could literally fall off due to bad screws), and my boots don't seem to hold out water at all. I always end up with wet socks, which I don't think is normal. I went with a shorter rocker board for control thinking it will help me learn carving cause the tips won't catch as easily. But when I'm trying to go faster, it seems a bit unstable.

It's not a terrible set up, but I do regret a bit for not spending maybe another $100 overall to get something better...
I can second that. After blowing x amount, the season after I instantly wanted to upgrade.
Xu.Vi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 06:49 PM   #44
Throw yo paws in da air!

Hmm guess I went good with what I got got that long prior board I found, 176cm lolol and bought new bindings which were almost 2 bills lol and love them. They're not like stiff ones that don't move at all, these ones you can bend em and glad I got em. Only really had to buy a helmet which I got at that sale. And def need goggles. Spent 30$ on then last year and well... You get what u paid for lol
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 09-28-2013, 08:32 AM   #45
PeP
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by akalic View Post
Hey guys,

This will be my first winter i'll officially invest in getting all my gear. if i went to one of these sample sales what kind of savings would i get? the whole package of boots/binding/board is usually ~400-500 REG?
The only thing I would suggest buying new are boots. Arguably, they are what matters most if you will have comfortable ride or not. You want to break these in yourself; don't buy used.

Gear you could buy nearly new (ridden 4-10 times,) off CL/privately; it won't make a big difference in how your board handles compared to a brand spanking new deck. And you'll save yourself at least $100 if you opt for a board/dings combo which could contribute to different snow attire.
PeP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 10:55 AM   #46
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 2,237 Times in 251 Posts
+1 on the boots. Spend your money there and make sure you get good boots that fit you properly. Having shitty boots will ruin your time up on the mountain.
ziggyx is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-28-2013, 01:20 PM   #47
VLS Head Mod

I missed out last year so defs wanna go this year. I'm only avail on weekends so meets should happen then
Posted via RS Mobile
saucywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:26 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post

Peroally I'd also spend some $ on a helmet, it's worth it.
fishCak3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:18 AM   #49

Short rocker boards are more "park boards", but as for the boots, that's just a shitty pair you have; spend the money, get new ones. Better dry and warm than wet and uncomfortable.
Posted via RS Mobile
yogenfruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:34 AM   #50
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,984 Times in 1,689 Posts
My helmet's decent. "Knock on wood", never really needed it yet.
My board's a "camrocker" (camber in middle, rocker tips).

I want stiffer bindings, but I might upgrade my boots instead if water keeps getting in.
The very last time I used them last season, I sprayed Scotchgard all over the lower portion of the boots and my feet stayed dry.
But it was also quite icy, so I'm not sure if it was because of my spray or because it was just dryer than usual.

I'll experiment some more this season.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is online now   Reply With Quote