REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 12-03-2013, 07:47 PM   #201
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

I go boarding with a helmet too, even though I dont go on parks or do extreme jumps, or etc. Another reason why I choose to wear a helmet is because my GoPro is on my helmet.
Advertisement
E.D.C.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:28 PM   #202
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saucywoman View Post
The what tos'd?
It was on sale for 69 til dec 1 so I jumped on it
Posted via RS Mobile
Remember the year before they had this coupon for $5 off, which effectively made it the same price as a day lift ticket or something? I vaguely remembering you mentioning it as well as I.
TOS'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 06:53 AM   #203
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
I bought a helmet for half pipe and only wore it once.

Wonder where it is? I'll hunt for it before this weekend's trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:42 AM   #204
VLS Head Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOS'd View Post
Remember the year before they had this coupon for $5 off, which effectively made it the same price as a day lift ticket or something? I vaguely remembering you mentioning it as well as I.
I think I know what you're talking about but I think it was 2011. The snow sale at the pne had a coupon to discount the gold medal pass. I think this is what you're thinking of.
I didn't see any further deals and wanted to get this pass before it expired. It came to $75 with tax and any ticket I purchase will be no more than $49, plus if you purchase online the daily lift ticket this year there's further savings to make the price $43.
Looking at the site, gold cards are still on special for $69, it looks like it didn't end dec 1 like advertised
Posted via RS Mobile
saucywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:44 AM   #205
VLS Head Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyx View Post
I don't think helmets look that bad depending on which one you get. Plus I find they keep my head and ears warmer than a toque lol.
I think I look horrible in mine lol but at least my heads safe lol

So we are gonna have to do a rs cypress meet but if I can find a job I will only be available weekends
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 12-04-2013, 11:05 AM   #206
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
lol, I like wearing helmets...
Maybe cause I grew up playing hockey as a goalie
I was contemplating whether to paint my snowboard helmet too
but unlike a hockey goalie, I think I might be the only guy up on the mountain with a painted helmet,
so maybe I won't. Wrong sport??

Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:41 AM   #207
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
Do whatever the fuxk you wanna do I'm srs

On another note I never wore helmets when riding even my first season. Maybe I thought I was a pro.. but I bought one during the summer RS meet as there was a sale that same day in Richmond. Decided it's better to be safe then sorry lol and okay thanks saucy I'll buyy card tonight

Ps: anyone know a good place to buy a waterproof shirt to put on, if there's even such a thing ? Lol my jacket isn't long enough and when I bend down or fall my long sleeves usually aren't long as well and they come out (I tuck ally shirts in) and I end up getting snow down my behind and my long sleeve gets really wet looking to buy smthn I can put on so I don't get soaked
Posted via RS Mobile
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 03:30 PM   #208
Banned (ABWS)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XplicitLuder View Post
Ps: anyone know a good place to buy a waterproof shirt to put on, if there's even such a thing ? Lol my jacket isn't long enough and when I bend down or fall my long sleeves usually aren't long as well and they come out (I tuck ally shirts in) and I end up getting snow down my behind and my long sleeve gets really wet looking to buy smthn I can put on so I don't get soaked
Posted via RS Mobile
Sounds like you need a proper jacket... lol

Clothing shouldn't be coming out of your jacket (if that's what you mean).
Those snowboarding jackets should have that elastic thing that goes around your waist
and this thing on the jacket sleeve where you put your thumb through before putting on the gloves.
So there's a seal from snow getting in...

Quote:
I didn't see any further deals and wanted to get this pass before it expired. It came to $75 with tax and any ticket I purchase will be no more than $49, plus if you purchase online the daily lift ticket this year there's further savings to make the price $43.
Looking at the site, gold cards are still on special for $69, it looks like it didn't end dec 1 like advertised
Posted via RS Mobile
I'm a bit confused. Is there a deal going on right now? I will eventually get the Gold Medal card for Cypress, but is there a deal that we can jump on to get it cheaper now??

I'm browsing through the Cypress site right now. Seems like you can get discounts on the tickets if you buy online??
Was this always around? Last season, I never bought any tickets online. Did I miss out on a lot of savings???

Last edited by AzNightmare; 12-04-2013 at 03:41 PM.
Old 12-04-2013, 03:31 PM   #209
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 302 Posts
Starting tomorrow Cypress will be open for night boarding. Guess I'll be heading there on Friday. woot!
tomatogunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 03:40 PM   #210
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 2,237 Times in 251 Posts
how are the conditions on cypress? I went once on like opening weekend I think. The line ups were long and there were rocks. I went for one run then went home.

I'm guessing conditions are still similar just with a bit more man made snow?
ziggyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 06:10 PM   #211
VLS Head Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
Sounds like you need a proper jacket... lol

Clothing shouldn't be coming out of your jacket (if that's what you mean).
Those snowboarding jackets should have that elastic thing that goes around your waist
and this thing on the jacket sleeve where you put your thumb through before putting on the gloves.
So there's a seal from snow getting in...

I'm a bit confused. Is there a deal going on right now? I will eventually get the Gold Medal card for Cypress, but is there a deal that we can jump on to get it cheaper now??

I'm browsing through the Cypress site right now. Seems like you can get discounts on the tickets if you buy online??
Was this always around? Last season, I never bought any tickets online. Did I miss out on a lot of savings???
1, have you seen the size of xplicit lol

2. Cypress mountain's website said the gold medal card was $69 if purchased by December 1 so I jumped on it before then (I see it's still that price). In addition to the daily lift ticket savings we get from having that pass, if when you have the gold medal card you purchase your day pass online there's an additional like $5 savings. I didn't go last year so not sure if it was around, and don't remember it from the 2011/12 season
REMEMBER:-->RS is a place for car enthusiasts to come and get together because of their intrest and love for cars. Hating is not an option-take your immaturity elsewhere!

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---profile If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who has died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\-----Or whom maybe suffering from it
This post thanked by:
Old 12-04-2013, 06:29 PM   #212
Banned (ABWS)?

Quote:
1, have you seen the size of xplicit lol

2. Cypress mountain's website said the gold medal card was $69 if purchased by December 1 so I jumped on it before then (I see it's still that price). In addition to the daily lift ticket savings we get from having that pass, if when you have the gold medal card you purchase your day pass online there's an additional like $5 savings. I didn't go last year so not sure if it was around, and don't remember it from the 2011/12 season
If I buy online, do I just print and show my receipt and pick up the physical plastic card once I'm up there?
Old 12-04-2013, 06:33 PM   #213
VLS Head Mod

Quote:
If I buy online, do I just print and show my receipt and pick up the physical plastic card once I'm up there?
I think I just went to guest services and told them my first and last name. Make sure it goes to your inbox, not junk, and then IF they ask for it pull it up on your phone
REMEMBER:-->RS is a place for car enthusiasts to come and get together because of their intrest and love for cars. Hating is not an option-take your immaturity elsewhere!

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---profile If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who has died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\-----Or whom maybe suffering from it
Old 12-05-2013, 12:58 AM   #214
Throw yo paws in da air!

As saucy said.. I'm too big lol I'm 6'6. It's hard to find a proper jacket length wise. Everything will always be a lol short. And yes my jacket has the elastic thing but when I use it and bend over the elastic thing rides up my mid section and thus pointless lol
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 12-05-2013, 07:34 PM   #215
PeP
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

A question for the veteran borders:

I have a size 11 or 12 (depending on make) boot, and ride a +15 front, -15 back stance on a wide board. I want to purchase a board that is not wide, will I get excessive toe/heel drag when riding with the above stance?
Have not been able to demo it because it's a Forum board and they are now deceased. R.I.P.

Quote:
I was contemplating whether to paint my snowboard helmet too
Do it, set yourself apart from everyone else.
PeP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:36 PM   #216
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,168 Times in 7,157 Posts
There are tons of in between options available that are slightly wider than normal. I mean I ride 8.5s or 9s and you aren't gonna ride the same width board as I am. What kind of riding do you do?
Posted via RS Mobile
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 11:15 PM   #217
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

I can't wait to get back in town to ride, currently stuck here in Netherlands.
fishCak3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:07 AM   #218

Fuck all for snow here anyway. Go enjoy some hookers and weed!
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
Old 12-06-2013, 05:16 AM   #219
PeP
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
There are tons of in between options available that are slightly wider than normal. I mean I ride 8.5s or 9s and you aren't gonna ride the same width board as I am. What kind of riding do you do?
Posted via RS Mobile
I mostly do all mountain/freeride type stuff, but I'll go through the park a few times during the day and hit some kickers, occasionally the odd jib.
PeP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:26 AM   #220

Just as an example, the rome agent wide is 1cm wider than its regular sized counterpart. Its not going to ride like a big clunky board in comparison. If you really want that forum board, look for something that has a waist width of around 260 with the boot size. If its much under, I'd say avoid it.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
Old 12-08-2013, 02:17 PM   #221
LYC
I don't get it

Just get the wide board. I've ridden a few wide boards and you can hardly tell the difference between a regular width board and its wider counterpart. Toe drag blows.
LYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 02:37 PM   #222
Throw yo paws in da air!

these lovely spy goggles gf got for my bday

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
Old 12-08-2013, 03:18 PM   #223
Banned (ABWS)

Anyone planning on going to grouse?
JDM_03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:08 PM   #224
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by XplicitLuder View Post

Posted via RS Mobile
My suggestion? Once piece thermals, or bib pants. Tuck a sweater into your pants, or snap the waist gater to your pants to give you that snow barrier.

If your outerware is from the same brand, they might even zip up together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeP View Post
A question for the veteran borders:

I have a size 11 or 12 (depending on make) boot, and ride a +15 front, -15 back stance on a wide board. I want to purchase a board that is not wide, will I get excessive toe/heel drag when riding with the above stance?
Have not been able to demo it because it's a Forum board and they are now deceased. R.I.P.
Couple options:

Snowboard binding riser plates.

They were used frequently in the past, and more so used now by boarder cross racers riding narrow binding angles. They lift the bindings up above the deck of the board to provide your toes and heels more clearance for increased edge angles.

Other option is to get more toe ramps to increase the distance from the toe of your boot from the base of the snowboard. There isn't much in the assistance of the heels though.

Those suggestions above will help big footed riders get onto a narrower board with ease, but won't provide the rider with the best feedback from the snow surface.

The last, but not financially suitable option, is to find a pair of boots with the smallest shell measurement in your foot size. You'd be surprised the difference between a few brands.

Hope any of this helps

Vangruver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 12:30 AM   #225
Throw yo paws in da air!

Hmm thanks for that tip ^ I have size 15 boot lol and my board isn't wide so I tend to have. Lot of toe/heel drag. Will have to look into it. I wish I could afford a wide boArd but have yet to find one that's 169-173cm and that doesn't cost 600$ lol
Posted via RS Mobile