REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 06-07-2017, 09:34 AM   #4826
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,236 Times in 1,222 Posts
Doesn't that sound ridiculous in it's own right? I want to protect my legacy, so give me the easier fight so I can get the record and then I'll fight the real competition.

These fights don't come around very often, chances are if it falls through, TJ will fight someone else and then they'll do the Cody fight at his regular weight class. DJ makes it sound like it's something being forced on him unfairly when in reality he should be jumping at the chance to actually get paid for once.
Advertisement
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 08:57 PM   #4827
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Hunt: "Derek's a tough guy. I respect him because he doesn't use steroids"

Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 05:55 AM   #4828
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 4,736 Times in 813 Posts
And we have a boxing match!
Old 06-13-2017, 11:19 AM   #4829
i like gifs

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.V.M. View Post
And we have a boxing match!
.... What?
Old 06-13-2017, 04:04 PM   #4830
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
michael goldberg to ballator
Old 06-13-2017, 04:37 PM   #4831
i like gifs

They also signed Mauro as well. The new PBP team of Goldberg and Mauro

http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/6/13...roadcast-booth
This post thanked by:
Old 06-14-2017, 08:38 AM   #4832
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Weird having two totally different PBP guys on one team. And one is totally incompetent while the other is probably the best ever. Such a weird pair of signings, but good for both of them
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 01:27 PM   #4833
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

August 26th Mayweather vs Connor as per yahoo

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/flo...205101486.html

no surprise with Mayweather @-1000 and Connor @+650
raysquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 01:44 PM   #4834
God of Unce

Old 06-14-2017, 02:07 PM   #4835
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,583 Times in 4,299 Posts
its worth it dropping 50 on Connor just cause with odd's like that
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 02:07 PM   #4836
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Gonna be an easy 50-0 for Floyd. Easiest perfect record!
neggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 02:20 PM   #4837
i like gifs

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
its worth it dropping 50 on Connor just cause with odd's like that
You're better off spending that 50 on Lotto tickets.

Floyd is going to clown McGregor.

#TMT 4 lyfe (get so much shit from my Filipino friends )
This post thanked by:
Old 06-14-2017, 02:25 PM   #4838

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
You're better off spending that 50 on Lotto tickets.

Floyd is going to clown McGregor.

#TMT 4 lyfe (get so much shit from my Filipino friends )
Lol, imagine my life...
Old 06-14-2017, 02:30 PM   #4839

Good for Conor, even when he gets clowned the money he'll make will be ridiculous. I hope he still has desire to fight in the UFC after this though cause they need him desperately.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-14-2017, 03:45 PM   #4840
i like gifs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
Good for Conor, even when he gets clowned the money he'll make will be ridiculous. I hope he still has desire to fight in the UFC after this though cause they need him desperately.
There's no way he's going to fight in the UFC anymore after banking 100 mill from this boxing match.

Now we know why the UFC refused to strip Conor of the titles, because the buildup to this fight will be champion vs champion
Old 06-14-2017, 04:35 PM   #4841

At +650, especially if the money moves a little bit worse which it could, Id put $50 on it for sure.

Floyd should embarrass Conor no question. Conor will probably chase Floyd around but not be able to catch him, and be gassing pretty bad by the 5 or 6th. 3 or 5 years ago, this fight wouldn't even happen as it wouldn't even be close.

But now Floyd is 40 and retired, and Conor is 28 and hungry, and I always pick the young guy in any fight where one guy is in his 20s and one is over 35 The first thing that seems to go is defensive speed and ability to take a punch. Conor has shown his speed and timing are on a whole different level than elite MMA fighters. He might not be a boxer, but his punches have power, and it only takes one or 2 to change the look of a fight.
Old 06-14-2017, 07:23 PM   #4842
x_x

Quote:
There's no way he's going to fight in the UFC anymore after banking 100 mill from this boxing match.
I think he's still gonna fight in the UFC after this massive payday, especially if he loses. Seems like a guy with too much pride to go out on a losing note while still being young and in the prime of his UFC career.
jdmhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 01:17 AM   #4843

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
At +650, especially if the money moves a little bit worse which it could, Id put $50 on it for sure.

Floyd should embarrass Conor no question. Conor will probably chase Floyd around but not be able to catch him, and be gassing pretty bad by the 5 or 6th. 3 or 5 years ago, this fight wouldn't even happen as it wouldn't even be close.

But now Floyd is 40 and retired, and Conor is 28 and hungry, and I always pick the young guy in any fight where one guy is in his 20s and one is over 35 The first thing that seems to go is defensive speed and ability to take a punch. Conor has shown his speed and timing are on a whole different level than elite MMA fighters. He might not be a boxer, but his punches have power, and it only takes one or 2 to change the look of a fight.
You almost had me
Old 06-15-2017, 06:41 AM   #4844
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post

I'd agree with you if they were glove-less or wearing MMA gloves. Fighting with boxing gloves as opposed to MMA gloves it's going to take a lot more then a few well landed punches and there is no fighter more elusive then Floyd. Mayweather is used to taking a 100+ shots a fight from guys who hit harder and are a lot better at landing punches then Connor is.

This fight is what it is, a cash grab for both fighters. I find Mayweather boring AF so I hope I'm wrong and McGregor somehow does the impossible stunning the world.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 03:02 PM   #4845
i like gifs

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
This fight is what it is, a cash grab for both fighters. I find Mayweather boring AF so I hope I'm wrong and McGregor somehow does the impossible stunning the world.
I don't get that argument that people have against PBF. He's a defensive counter fighter and if you watch him on a technical level then he's a fucking master at his craft.
Old 06-15-2017, 03:24 PM   #4846

It's the same reason UFC fans don't like a guy who's a matter at BJJ, they want to see someone get knocked out.
Old 06-15-2017, 03:41 PM   #4847

people find mayweather boring for the same reason they found GSP boring, and i know alot of people in here openly criticize GSP for being boring.

they are so technically good they don't ever look like they're in trouble, and they dont fight to finish, they technique to win decisions. point fighters. its even worse when a guys defense is so good he doesnt need to offense and win on landing more jabs. the difference with GSP is he seems to actually want to finish fights, he just couldn't seem to. floyd is always content to defense, circle, and jab.

the last time floyd finished a fight was in 2011 when he KOed Ortiz with a (arguable) sucker punch and before that was a decade ago when he legitimately beat up Hatton who was fat and on coke at the time lol.

Last edited by RRxtar; 06-15-2017 at 03:52 PM.
RRxtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 05:15 PM   #4848
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
I don't get that argument that people have against PBF. He's a defensive counter fighter and if you watch him on a technical level then he's a fucking master at his craft.
No question he's one of the best, just not great to watch as far as entertainment goes. No different then GSP, dude was a beast but most his fights are not that great to watch.

Edit: Lol replied before reading response above

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 05:32 PM   #4849

There must be a better example than GSP... His fight against Dan Hardy was incredible, his dismantling of Josh Koscheck was fun as hell. His comeback fight against Matt Serra, his destructions of Matt Hughes, etc

Lots of decisions but his fights were almost always interesting and exciting, and you could tell he was going for the finish.

Anyway I guess it doesn't matter. It just always seemed weird to me that GSP had a reputation for being "boring". He was one of the few who got my heart pounding during a fight. (and now there's practically no one who does that, except maybe Overeem)
This post thanked by:
Old 06-15-2017, 06:35 PM   #4850

I don't find it surprising at all that a huge amount of people find Mayweather boring.

It's no question that people who follow boxing and have an appreciation for the sport can appreciate Floyd's technical prowess. Watching him in action is amazing.

But at the same time, it's easy to see why his style doesn't appeal to masses of people who love to see action. And that's completely fine and understandable too.
This post thanked by: