REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 10-27-2013, 06:55 PM   #51
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

why don't you just freakin dispute your ticket because its going to take at least 1 to 1.5 years for you to get a court date and by that time you should already have your full license. if you pay for it now, you WILL get your license suspended. i was placed on probation back in the day for running a red light on 41st and knight when i was the second car in the left turn lane and i also had my front wheels in the intersection. the cop was half a block away and by the time he pulled me over i was already 2 blocks away from the intersection.....
Advertisement
46_valentinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:19 PM   #52
nma
#RVG

^ exactly what I did when I had my N and a few tickets. I disputed them all. By the time the court date came around I got my full license. I also attended court and reduced the price of the tickets. If you need to stretch more time. Wait till the end when the court date is reasonably close and send in a letter saying you can't attend court (make up a good reason..) It will get pushed even further back.

I think your case is diff tho. I'm pretty sure the superintendent of motor vehicles will be sending you a letter asking you to resign your license because of excessive speeding and the fact that you have your N. I'd still go fight it if I were you though.
nma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 01:36 PM   #53
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Thanks to all who gave me usefull answers.. to the others hating, lecturing what not all i can say is LOL!!! why waste your time... I didnt ask for your opinions on the situation. I was simply asking how to best go about dealing with this with ICBC.

I have every plan now to dispute ticket and buy my self time and hopefully get my class 5 in time. and for those that asked im 25 although I dont think that really matters.

The only thing I still haven't gotten an answer for 100% is weather if i dispute the ticket it will actually buy me any time or not. Because of the impoundment. If ICBC gets record of that before the ticket is disputed and goes to court. can they pull my license before the court date for the impoundment?? if anyone could answer that definitively that would be great.

if you wanna keep lecturing me going ahead lol... it gives me something to chuckle about at work.
brz86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 01:41 PM   #54
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brz86 View Post
Thanks to all who gave me usefull answers.. to the others hating, lecturing what not all i can say is LOL!!! why waste your time... I didnt ask for your opinions on the situation. I was simply asking how to best go about dealing with this with ICBC.

I have every plan now to dispute ticket and buy my self time and hopefully get my class 5 in time. and for those that asked im 25 although I dont think that really matters.

The only thing I still haven't gotten an answer for 100% is weather if i dispute the ticket it will actually buy me any time or not. Because of the impoundment. If ICBC gets record of that before the ticket is disputed and goes to court. can they pull my license before the court date for the impoundment?? if anyone could answer that definitively that would be great.

if you wanna keep lecturing me going ahead lol... it gives me something to chuckle about at work.
why don't you just call icbc?? i think the people that know the answer to that question on this forum, are the same people you are "lol'ing" at.

people asked about your age because you are 25 and still with your N.. and by your actions that led up to your VI, you seem to have a maturity level of a 17 year old.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 01:51 PM   #55
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
why don't you just call icbc?? i think the people that know the answer to that question on this forum, are the same people you are "lol'ing" at.

people asked about your age because you are 25 and still with your N.. and by your actions that led up to your VI, you seem to have a maturity level of a 17 year old.
well im glad i can cause others to LOL as they make me, the world needs more LOL's haha... People seem to think im looking for sympathy im not. I got caught. I have to pay ticket whatever. Im just trying to do damage control more than anything.. not looking for people to feel sorry or sympathize with me. If it was just a matter of paying the ticket I wouldve never posted here to begin with. But because of impoundment and possible license suspension. Its not as simple as just owning up and paying the ticket. I agree with speeding tickets just not impoundment/license suspension. It was nice when you used to be able to just pay your ticket and move forward. now a ticket can have so many other negative impacts in your life. which just isnt right. but all the haters on here view that different and thats ok. my opinion is mine. you can have yours.

and i dont call icbc, because who ever wants to talk to them lol! but seriously, if i call there going to ask my dl number ect. My license would for sure be reviewed after that phone call "hey icbc can you advise me if this process will help me avoid suspension?" lol that would go well....
Old 10-28-2013, 02:01 PM   #56
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Call ICBC. Tell them that you have a road test booked but that your car was impounded due to a misunderstanding, which is being disputed through court. In the meantime you'd like to know if your Class 5 road test can still go ahead before the court date.

Not that hard to figure out.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 02:16 PM   #57
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
Call ICBC. Tell them that you have a road test booked but that your car was impounded due to a misunderstanding, which is being disputed through court. In the meantime you'd like to know if your Class 5 road test can still go ahead before the court date.

Not that hard to figure out.
yeah good point... Ill probably call them tomorrow before work... I just assumed if I called they would ask me to confirm my info dl #, name ect. And if I gave any info to the icbc rep i talk to, they may kinda "red flag" it if u will and suggest the Superintendent of motor vehicles review my driving sooner, where as it may have slipped through the cracks if i didnt bring it up/call. I guess when I call though I just wont give my info. if they ask Ill just be like it doesnt matter its a general inquiry, simple question.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:32 PM   #58
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
Wow.... your English hurts my head.

But anyways, bad situation can't do anything about it. If you want some straight answers, will excessive speeding net you a suspension on your GLP (N) the simple answer is YES.
What are the best things to do for you right now in the situation?

Dispute the ticket and by that time you should be able to do your Road test.
Once your road test is passed and you show up to court just tell the judge you want to plea a lower fine and they will probably give you a cheaper fine and pay the damn ticket.

Since then you have your class 5 they will dock 3 points from your license and you would have to pay some money for the next few years for that ICBC victim surcharge bullshit but at least you will still have your license and all you did was pay a hefty fine.

And on your situation.... sorry but cruising by yourself and just drive spiritually is not as bad until you told us that you were with some friends and because a 911 Turbo ripped by you so you had to chase him down... then you are a fucking idiot. You are 25 ffs grow up.
Not that is right no matter how fast your car is but even then... you drive a 200hp car you will NEVER chase down a 911 Turbo.

Good luck.
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 02:51 PM   #59
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenDuang View Post
Wow.... your English hurts my head.

But anyways, bad situation can't do anything about it. If you want some straight answers, will excessive speeding net you a suspension on your GLP (N) the simple answer is YES.
What are the best things to do for you right now in the situation?

Dispute the ticket and by that time you should be able to do your Road test.
Once your road test is passed and you show up to court just tell the judge you want to plea a lower fine and they will probably give you a cheaper fine and pay the damn ticket.

Since then you have your class 5 they will dock 3 points from your license and you would have to pay some money for the next few years for that ICBC victim surcharge bullshit but at least you will still have your license and all you did was pay a hefty fine.

And on your situation.... sorry but cruising by yourself and just drive spiritually is not as bad until you told us that you were with some friends and because a 911 Turbo ripped by you so you had to chase him down... then you are a fucking idiot. You are 25 ffs grow up.
Not that is right no matter how fast your car is but even then... you drive a 200hp car you will NEVER chase down a 911 Turbo.

Good luck.
thanks for your answer...to clarify I was not chasing down a 911 Turbo... my friend was driving his 911 turbo, I was driving my car and another friend was with us in his car as well. we were not chasing down my friend in the 911 Turbo that would be dumb he can just touch the gas and pull away from me. We were all just cruising together in a convoy down the highway. I just didnt brake quick enough for my speed to be low enough on the radar to not get towed. so i got ticket and towed and the other 2 got told to be careful and slow down and didnt even get a ticket. and well im clarifying for others some have miss quoted my original post as I was "PISSED all day", when actualy what i said was I was being PASSED all day, meaning me and my friends including the one driving the Porsche were being PASSED ALL DAY by people.
Old 10-28-2013, 03:22 PM   #60
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
and for those that asked im 25 although I dont think that really matters.
...why the eff do you not have a Class 5 at that age?! LOL!
Old 10-28-2013, 03:50 PM   #61
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
Quote:

You might be chuckling at these people from HOME after you lose your job thanks to this, the 40 over laws are retarded, but 55 over you had to of known what you were risking. Good luck with everything and maybe try to act your age a bit more? The whole "LOL i'm LOLing at these people it's so funny LOL" is kinda immature.

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-28-2013, 04:01 PM   #62
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

i dont care if its immature to be honest. I didnt come here for a lecture yet people who dont even know me try to lecture me lol.... stay on topic people.... some random persons opinion/advice on how I drive or shouldn't drive doesn't means shit to me. I didn't ask people for their opinions in the first place. so unless people are answering my questions. I simply find it amusing that they think their lecturing is doing anything besides wasting their time thats all. I knew I was going to get a lot of trolling when i started this thread. Its just funny that people care so much about what other people do.

to all that answered my questions I appreciate it, as for all the extras from everyone else. thanks for your imput? lol anyways I think Ive gained all valuable info I will be able to from this thread...

i probably wont be feeding the trolls any longer on this thread but who knows it can be fun lol.
Old 10-28-2013, 04:04 PM   #63

I didn't lecture you, in case you haven't noticed (Reading comprehension issues...?) i've stayed completely neutral, hell, i've been supportive but 25? Maybe a physical age of 25... Mental or "true" age? 17...? If that?

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
Old 10-28-2013, 04:09 PM   #64
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dared3vil0 View Post
I didn't lecture you, in case you haven't noticed (Reading comprehension issues...?) i've stayed completely neutral, hell, i've been supportive but 25? Maybe a physical age of 25... Mental or "true" age? 17...? If that?
I appreciate your input on this thread dared3vil0, you have been fair and resonable, I was referring to the many others that seem to wait to just bitch or keep the threading dragging on with the same repetitive comments I really dont care about..... lol... some people on here like yourself, tried to stay on point and help answer my questions. I do truely appreciate you guys help... its all the others that I just dont feel like responding to anymore. if someone has more info to answer the QUESTIONS I ASKED, im going to be happy to respond. but why feed the trolls. when I really dont care and its just wasting my time and their time.
Old 10-28-2013, 04:25 PM   #65
RS Veteran

I haven't read one post that made me think someone was trolling.
Old 10-28-2013, 04:33 PM   #66
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
I haven't read one post that made me think someone was trolling.
90% of the replys are off topic just trying to lecture me not answer my questions.. time waster's, trolls whatever u want to call them...their not worth my time....
Old 10-28-2013, 04:39 PM   #67
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,399 Times in 396 Posts
Quote:
If it was just a matter of paying the ticket I wouldve never posted here to begin with. But because of impoundment and possible license suspension. Its not as simple as just owning up and paying the ticket. I agree with speeding tickets just not impoundment/license suspension. It was nice when you used to be able to just pay your ticket and move forward. now a ticket can have so many other negative impacts in your life. which just isnt right. but all the haters on here view that different and thats ok. my opinion is mine. you can have yours

You STILL don't get it do you???

Just cause you have the $$$ to pay off speeding tickets, doesn't mean you can do whatever the fuck you want on the road. You were well aware of your consequences and risk, yet you still decided to drive 55+km/h above the speed limit. If you think that was slow, then put that BRZ well into use.....at the track. Not endangering our public's safety.

Good luck "LOL".ing through rest of your life. I sincerely hope your licence get suspended.
v_tec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 05:28 PM   #68
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_tec View Post

You STILL don't get it do you???

Just cause you have the $$$ to pay off speeding tickets, doesn't mean you can do whatever the fuck you want on the road. You were well aware of your consequences and risk, yet you still decided to drive 55+km/h above the speed limit. If you think that was slow, then put that BRZ well into use.....at the track. Not endangering our public's safety.

Good luck "LOL".ing through rest of your life. I sincerely hope your licence get suspended.
Oh I get it, I just don't agree with it lol. In the past you could just pay your ticket, they didn't impound car or take license away. those were the good old days and is actually still the case in other parts of this country. U should be able to pay your fine and move on. I was aware of the risks your right, I took the risk and I got caught. That doesn't mean I should just bend over and take an unjust punishment though....
Old 10-28-2013, 06:00 PM   #69
RS Veteran

Quote:
Oh I get it, I just don't agree with it lol. In the past you could just pay your ticket, they didn't impound car or take license away. those were the good old days and is actually still the case in other parts of this country. U should be able to pay your fine and move on. I was aware of the risks your right, I took the risk and I got caught. That doesn't mean I should just bend over and take an unjust punishment though....
what do you mean good ol days? you are a class 7 driver. It's good that it isn't just as simple as a monetary fine. Even class 5 driver's can get their licences suspended if they get too many infractions. It's people like you that we don't want on the road. Break all the laws and just pay for it because money isn't an issue. You know what would be unjust? You crashing into another vehicle going 55 over and killing a family in a minivan.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-28-2013, 06:01 PM   #70
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
I was aware of the risks your right, I took the risk and I got caught. That doesn't mean I should just bend over and take an unjust punishment though....
How is it "unjust" if you know the law, know the penalty if caught, and DECIDE to take the risk anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 06:40 PM   #71
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Not judging but this is your 2nd car after crashing the first BRZ into a tree with the nannies on which makes me think you drive pretty damn recklessly.

Maybe slowing down isn't such a bad idea
Old 10-28-2013, 07:21 PM   #72
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...01-d6dzy6g.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:32 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Jay View Post
Not judging but this is your 2nd car after crashing the first BRZ into a tree with the nannies on which makes me think you drive pretty damn recklessly.

Maybe slowing down isn't such a bad idea
:OOOOOOO More info? Pics, story etc?

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
Old 10-28-2013, 07:33 PM   #74

Quote:
See at this point though, whether the punishment is unjust or not is irrelevant, what people are saying is you knew the possible consequence if you got caught, you get caught, and THEN debate the punishment.

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
Old 10-28-2013, 07:35 PM   #75
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post

Soundy...that pic looks like a love child offspring from a "union" between Jagger & Bieber.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: