REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 12-26-2013, 05:34 AM   #51
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,449 Times in 1,438 Posts

who cares it is problematic, the new c class looks great

but this is what I concern, MB air suspension tends to be shitty and expensive to replace

Advertisement
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 06:47 AM   #52
degenerate extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by J____ View Post

Only issue I have is there's a design flaw with the front shock strut mount. The bearing tends to give out easily and makes horrible noises.
pretty sure we have that on our '10 c300 4matic lol
He would step out of his freshly downtown autospa detailed 996 C4s, check out his own reflection in the driverside window out of habit, take off his brand new limited edition D&G aviator sunglasses so the mf can see the fury in his eyes, sashay over to the other guy and then threaten to insert his black leather Savatore Ferragamo loafers into the guys rear-end.
Ikkaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 07:03 AM   #53
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
its the humid air. pretty much all air suspensions suck in humid environments. the air dryer/filter isnt enough to keep water from building up in the valveblocks and air compressor.

part of the reason why im reluctant to go on air ride myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asian_XL View Post

who cares it is problematic, the new c class looks great

but this is what I concern, MB air suspension tends to be shitty and expensive to replace

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 08:58 AM   #54
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikkaku View Post
pretty sure we have that on our '10 c300 4matic lol
does yours front struts creak at full left and right lock? also does it have a thumping sound and sensation when applying medium/heavy braking over uneven roads, similar to abs kicking in? (especially noticeable braking into a speed bump)

mine went south on me after 2000kms on the car a week after installing springs. Dealer replaced out of courtesy even though they knew it was lowered. Fast forward 1 year and 25k kms later, they break again... Now dealer can't do anything until I swap back to stock springs. I'm just going to install coilovers and be gone with these darn strut bearing mounts...
Old 12-26-2013, 09:21 AM   #55
degenerate extraordinaire

I don't notice the thumping, but for sure the creaks while being close to full lock lol
He would step out of his freshly downtown autospa detailed 996 C4s, check out his own reflection in the driverside window out of habit, take off his brand new limited edition D&G aviator sunglasses so the mf can see the fury in his eyes, sashay over to the other guy and then threaten to insert his black leather Savatore Ferragamo loafers into the guys rear-end.
Ikkaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 04:46 PM   #56
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,449 Times in 1,438 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !SG View Post
its the humid air. pretty much all air suspensions suck in humid environments. the air dryer/filter isnt enough to keep water from building up in the valveblocks and air compressor.

part of the reason why im reluctant to go on air ride myself.
The humid air could be harmful, but MB air pump goes bad and the system leaks air way before water gets in. The suspension on my W220 has been replaced due to badly leak and the whole car slammed to the ground. It costed $2500 to fix. Hopefully the new system is better.
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:10 PM   #57
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by acurael View Post
Not a huge fan of the Audi A4 looks and I only like it with the S line package and that jacks up the price.

Originally looking at used C300 4matic (2012 or 2013) but not any available with lower kms and I need bi-xenon headlights.

Looking at around 40 grand range (before taxes) and that's why the salesman suggested 2014 since it is close to that range and we would get full warranty which is important with german cars.The 2015 does look nice but then I usually don't like getting a car in its first model year since there can be issues. We can't wait another year.

Also have looked at the infiniti Q50 but with everything in its close to 59 (only like the sport model with all the options). The Lexus IS 250 or 350 was another choice but its ugly and nice at the same time, so not sure.
Used IS350 AWD (2011-2012) would be great but impossible to find.

I will look into the BMW 328 x-drive a bit more. I hate the front of the car unless its sport package. Trying to keep price down also and it looks like the BMW is higher priced than the benz. I guess the BMW also includes 4 year maintenance at no cost.........

confused

I'm guessing there has been a bunch of lease returns, but you can get a 13 c300 in the low 30's from dealership now with under 13K on it. There's so many of them available at the MB dealership. That and the fact the new generation (2015) is going to be coming out eventually.