REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-02-2013, 06:02 PM   #26
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I live in Surrey and I'm single, I dread telling a female where I live on a regular basis since their reaction is a typical

I don't dread telling anyone...I'm a walking, talking, breathing example of what comes out of Surrey and I'm proud of it. I had originally put Vancouver in my profile back in 2003 and just a few months ago changed it to Surrey. I'm born and raised and proud of it.

And frankly, I could care less of what other people think of Surrey. What is this shit where you're sitting here looking at other cities in your country, province, region, and shitting on them? Stanley Cup riots took place and all people could do is talk shit about what cities they felt the rioters came from. None of it fucking matters! It's all CANADA, it's B.C. What do you get out of turning on neighboring cities? You don't like Surrey, then don't go there; plain and simple.

It's so pointless going back and forth people fighting for "reppin" their city and others fighting to destroy any dignity the city has.

I enjoy living in Surrey and I'm grateful of having Richmond, Burnaby and Vancouver around me. Wouldn't have it any other way. Either you're not smart enough to appreciate and take advantage of having so many decent cities in the lower mainland or you're too ignorant to expand your mind...
Advertisement

Last edited by parm104; 11-02-2013 at 06:23 PM.
parm104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 06:15 PM   #27
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
I'd have to say that I would rather live in Surrey than most known cities in BC.

By "known cities", I mean ones that most people have heard of...I have stayed long-term in several cities/towns in BC and Surrey doesn't even touch how terrible they are.

I'd also rather live in Surrey than Richmond.

Cool thread, thou.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 06:19 PM   #28
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by parm104 View Post
I don't dread telling anyone...I'm a walking, talking, breathing example of what comes out of Surrey and I'm proud of it. I had originally put Vancouver in my profile back in 2003 and just a few months ago changed it to Surrey. I'm born and raised and proud of it.

And frankly, I could care less of what other people think of Surrey. What is this shit where you're sitting here looking at other cities in your country, province, region, and shitting on them? Stanley Cup riots took place and all people could do is talk shit about what cities they felt the rioters came from. None of it fucking matters! It's all CANADA, it's B.C. What do you get out of turning on neighboring cities? You don't like Surrey, then don't go there; plain and simple.

It's so pointless going back and forth people fighting for "reppin" their city and others fighting to destroy any dignity the city has.
Parm,

One proud product of Surrey another, well put. I credit the scholastic, personal, and professional success that I have partly to a Surrey upbringing.

It's a wonder. In one thread, people declaim resentment at the lack of community of the Lower Mainland. In the next, people persist with an incessant and unfounded hatred of anything connected to Surrey. All the while, they do not consider that the lack of community and the compulsion to hate others are likely connected. The former arising from the later. The previous Surrey thread effectively establishes that it's a good city, overall; not to mention, that it's a city very comparable to Richmond, Burnaby, Coquitlam, and so on.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 06:34 PM   #29
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Have lived in surrey for 25 years. Love it and will never live anywhere else unless I win the lotto!
Posted via RS Mobile
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 06:42 PM   #30
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,041 Times in 2,076 Posts
I've encountered many people over the years who hate on Surrey just because their friends do, they have no real reason/personal experience and they're simply trying to be cool. Sure, its fun to have a laugh about the city's reputation every once in a while, but it's been said on RS many times before: there are shitty parts of Surrey, shitty parts of Van, Richmond, New West, Coquitlam, Burnaby... EVERY CITY in the lower mainland.

Talk shit about Surrey then come for a stroll in my neighbourhood, meet the people, maybe play 18 holes if you're into golf and I can almost guarantee you'll talk a whole lot less shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-02-2013, 06:55 PM   #31
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by parm104 View Post

I enjoy living in Surrey and I'm grateful of having Richmond, Burnaby and Vancouver around me. Wouldn't have it any other way. Either you're not smart enough to appreciate and take advantage of having so many decent cities in the lower mainland or you're too ignorant to expand your mind...
I fully agree with everything you are saying especially since my comment was just be sarcastic.. I have lived in Surrey for 25 years and I'm proud of it. Every city has it's issues and with everything that Mayor Diane Watts has done it's completely change of what it's used to be.

If someone judges we on where I live they can fuck right off cause I have grown up here and like I said I'm fully proud of all the positive and some negative experiences I have seen through out the years.

It's sad when people are so closed and narrow minded just because of some stories they have heard in the past.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 06:55 PM   #32
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodnarb View Post
I've encountered many people over the years who hate on Surrey just because their friends do, they have no real reason/personal experience and they're simply trying to be cool. Sure, its fun to have a laugh about the city's reputation every once in a while, but it's been said on RS many times before: there are shitty parts of Surrey, shitty parts of Van, Richmond, New West, Coquitlam, Burnaby... EVERY CITY in the lower mainland.
Bitch, you be trippin'.

ALL of New West is awesome.

Spoiler!
Old 11-02-2013, 06:59 PM   #33
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,041 Times in 2,076 Posts
Haha. Lived in NW for a brief period of time... I know you're kidding but based on my personal experience Surrey >>> New West

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-02-2013, 07:13 PM   #34
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Haha. Lived in NW for a brief period of time... I know you're kidding but based on my personal experience Surrey >>> New West
Yeah, there are positives and negatives for both....tbh, I think both cities are in the middle of a pretty good "revitalization".

Surrey is good for parks, convenience, schools, land, families, etc...New West has a great small community feel, younger crowd, good food, etc.

I own property in Surrey and currently live in New West. You summed it up well....there are good and bad parts to any city. Hell, even Richmond has Steveston...the rest of that city can go fuck itself thou :P
Old 11-02-2013, 07:18 PM   #35
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur
Hell, even Richmond has Steveston...the rest of that city can go fuck itself thou :P
No doubt.

Better racist than Richmond.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-02-2013, 08:01 PM   #36
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
I'm just going out on a limb here but if it was a Langley resident trick or treating in Surrey, I'm guessing it was in the Clayton Heights or surrounding developments. And if that's the case, some how I wouldn't be terribly surprised. It's not that it's a bad neighbourhood, but I know there are a few assholes that live around there that wouldn't think twice at doing this sort of thing.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:02 PM   #37
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,804 Times in 3,900 Posts
what's wrong with Clayton Heights? I thought it was a young-family friendly neighbourhood
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:04 PM   #38
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
what's wrong with Clayton Heights? I thought it was a young-family friendly neighbourhood
Like I said, it's not that it's a bad neighbourhood, but it's really the only true dense area between the two cities where one could pull a stunt like this and not worry too much about being caught. Everywhere else up and down the border is pretty barren.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:07 PM   #39
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
It is full of pretentious white assholes.

Why do you think I own there?!
Old 11-02-2013, 08:14 PM   #40
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

i see this threads pop up so often that sometimes i think i'm immune to hear these insults but it seems that i'm not....my family immigrated way back then and our first stop (and only stop) in canada was surrey...i liked it then and liked it now....

i just don't get why this mindset is being tolerated...drunk or not, its not an excuse...better yet move it to the fight club...
Old 11-02-2013, 08:28 PM   #41
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

prince george nigs. highest crime rate
Phuck Yu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:47 PM   #42
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
Budyyyyyyyyy don't say that about sudddyyy.

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-02-2013, 10:23 PM   #43
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
Hell, even Richmond has Steveston...the rest of that city can go fuck itself thou :P
Terra Nova y0! quiet neighborhood, no drama. Although some dirtbag was placing antifreeze laced dog treats on the paths and some dogs got messed up from it. Even made the news.

Goes to show that every city has dirtbags (and ghettos, crime, etc)though, Surrey is no worse. It's just got that "rep"; which has been around for as long as I can remember. From a pricing standpoint Surrey makes a lot of sense for people. Some nice areas out there. Honestly, if I didn't work in Richmond I would probably buy in Langley or somewhere with land. If there was a good deal in Surrey I wouldn't let the stigma sway me, I'd look at all the factors the same way as any other city.

Spoiler!
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-03-2013, 01:12 AM   #44
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
Quote:
I used a Game of Thrones reference once to describe New West and I guess its suitable to mention it again

New West is like The Wall and the residents are the Nights Watch, filled with undesirables but holding back something far worse, the Wildlings of Surrey
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:45 AM   #45
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,065 Times in 1,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by white rocket View Post
Terra Nova y0! quiet neighborhood, no drama.

too much chanel for dino

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 12:18 PM   #46
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by yray View Post
too much chanel for dino
ummm...what?
Old 11-03-2013, 12:43 PM   #47
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,578 Times in 934 Posts
what about all the people who live in surrey but say they live in white rock. they really piss me off
vitaminG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 12:48 PM   #48
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaminG View Post
what about all the people who live in surrey but say they live in white rock. they really piss me off
hahaha, yeah....my friend does that....i'm like, "bitch, u is a surrey girl...don't even"
Old 11-03-2013, 12:51 PM   #49
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yray View Post
too much chanel for dino

░░░░░░░░░▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄
░░░░░░░░▌▒█░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▒▌
░too░░░░▌▒▒█░░░░░░░░▄▀▒▒▒▐
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒▌
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▐
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀▄▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░much chanel▒▒▒▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▒▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒▒▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒▐
░░▀▄▒▒for dino▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒▌
░░░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▄▀
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-03-2013, 12:51 PM   #50
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
Cloverdale is the same way... I don't really get it.
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote