REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-12-2013, 06:47 PM   #26
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

he lives in surrey

all jokes aside, lets not get carried away here. If i went to Auto World at metro and ask them to create me that exact same sticker, they'll charge me 10 dollars! So my point is, I'm sure hes an honest guy and if not, either way u get a sticker saying u support Philippines and u feel for their sadness.
Advertisement
i-vtecyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:54 PM   #27
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,759 Times in 282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
The people in Philippines don't need prayers, they need money.

Probably the best way to get it to them is here or here.
Are these both legitimate to donate to?

edit; i'll just donate to the redcross one, that one must be legit.
PeanutButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:48 PM   #28
not the mod you're looking for

Thanked 1,459 Times in 509 Posts
Best way to donate

Quote:
Unicef Canada – To send emergency supplies to Filipino children affected by the disaster.
Canadian Red Cross- To help with emergency supplies.
Save the Children -To help with disaster relief efforts for children and families affected. 10 per cent of donations will be put aside for the next emergency.
Global Medic Canada – To help mobilize the Global Medic team with supplying Aquatabs for clean water for victims.
World Vision Canada – To provide life saving essentials and emergency supplies to victims.
Iffy about how the charities use their money? Then click here to do some research.
FN-2199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:54 PM   #29
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,847 Times in 1,521 Posts
You know what bugs me about the Philippines?
Why is there an 'H' after the first letter when filipinos don't even pronounce it "Filippines" .. .they pronounce it "pilippines"

OP your heart's in the right place but there's more efficient ways to collect money for the cause -- especially considering Canada's willing to match each donation dollar for dollar
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-12-2013, 08:10 PM   #30
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 17,638 Times in 5,344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButter View Post
Are these both legitimate to donate to?

edit; i'll just donate to the redcross one, that one must be legit.
Yes the first one is HK based and while religious, apparenlty won't waste all their time evangelicising. The money goes to a good cause.

The second link is Red Cross directly in PH, where they are already set up and the money will go to work fast. Both work with paypal
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-12-2013, 08:45 PM   #31
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

I give credit to the OP. The stickers carry a message and can be easily spread across if even one of us bought one. So it's not only the charitable 5$, its getting the word out. Just like the Pray for Japan stickers after the tsunami. Good luck OP!

Last edited by dvst8; 11-12-2013 at 09:03 PM.
dvst8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:52 PM   #32
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,123 Times in 257 Posts
OP is this you?
http://www.revscene.net/forums/62735...vancouver.html
2 n r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:55 PM   #33
...in the world.

Thanked 7,646 Times in 2,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bing View Post
I would have replied with

"using other people's misfortune, especially your own people, is incredibly low."

or.... "thank you. I don't give a shit. Have a nice day!"
I just do this now. and walk away with that look on my face, looking right at them.

Seriously, I don't even bother making them feel bad anymore. I just use it as an opportunity to do something so fucking weird that they'll leave me alone.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:37 AM   #34
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 2,279 Times in 827 Posts
It doesn't deserve it's own thread, not sure if I should post here or the begging thread.

Anyway,

Full article available here

Typhoon Haiyan: China under pressure to increase aid to Philippines after small donation - Telegraph

Quote:
China is coming under increasing pressure to increase its aid to the Philippines to counter ridicule abroad at its meagre offer of help, and criticism at home that is allowing the spread of American and Japanese influence by failing to send warships.

While Washington pledged about £14 million and dispatched an aircraft carrier battle group to the worst affected areas, commentators have mocked Beijing, which runs the world’s second biggest economy, for its initial offer of a £60,000 donation.

China is locked in a bitter dispute with the Philippines over the status of a group of islands in the South China Sea.

It has since increased its offer of help to £1 million — mainly blankets and tents — but still less than the furniture store Ikea, which has donated £1.8 million to the United Nation’s children’s agency

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 03:22 PM   #35
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 17,638 Times in 5,344 Posts
A few weeks ago Jackie Chan said there should be more disasters like earthquakes and tsunamis in countries, so we could help each other out rather than fight each other...

So much for that
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 03:49 PM   #36
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
You know what bugs me about the Philippines?
Why is there an 'H' after the first letter when filipinos don't even pronounce it "Filippines" .. .they pronounce it "pilippines"

OP your heart's in the right place but there's more efficient ways to collect money for the cause -- especially considering Canada's willing to match each donation dollar for dollar
Maybe same reason why people say dhillon = dillon
Not D-hillon
xjc11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:22 PM   #37
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post
I was approached at a starbucks by 2 old filipino women who asked me to donate to them directly so they can help the typhoon victims.

I've been to this starbucks before, and the same 2 old women had asked me to donate to help child prostitution victims in the Philippines.

I told them I already donated to the Red Cross and they swore at me in filipino and called me a heartless jerk for enjoying starbucks coffee while millions (their words) died.

I was pretty mad lol
If that happened at my store, I would hope that someone would tell me so that I could kick those lying, scamming bitches the fuck out.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: