REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 11-14-2013, 11:09 AM   #26
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123654123 View Post
4. Store owner might not even be present and whoever is working doesn't give two shits because 420YOLOSWAG

Also, I've seen these guys standing in the island hiding behind the concrete segments. They even pulled a BMW over and had him drive up onto the island from the left turn only lane to give him a ticket
THIS!

I've seen this many many many times.
Advertisement
jjson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 11:31 AM   #27
nma
#RVG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post

Get back to me when you hit puberty.
LOL looks like you hit a soft spot or something. Why would you want anyone to get rear ended by a semi? What a retard...

I got a ticket once for picking up my phone to check if it was charging at a red light (it was just laying on my seat). I don't even need to use my phone, I have bluetooth. The cop gave me a ticket anyways, I didn't argue because it was really pointless. Although I do agree the law is quite dumb, it really makes sense because I see so many retards driving while playing with their phones and most of the time they are either going super slow or not really paying attention to the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GG View Post
sometimes once in a blue moon i do look down, forget what gear im in

talking on cell u can do voice dial, and just hold it against ur phone. so 99.9999999% of the time u are looking forward, not looking at ur crotch if u get my drift

people need to learn how to fucking drive, not make up some bs law and try to milk us aka the bullshit that towing the owners vehicle when u do 120km. Americans must be laughing their ass off at us with this speeeedddddd killlllls whore shit

That is the dumbest thing I've read in a while. Just because you're looking forward doesn't mean you're concentrated on driving. How many times have you seen some idiot on the phone driving 45 in a 60? Also, if you need to look down to see what gear you're in, you're probably doing something wrong. Laws are put in place to ensure that the AVERAGE person drives safely. Not everyone is a race car driver and multi-tasking genius like you. Most people are barely able to drive properly while having no distractions what so ever.

what the hell is whore shit?

Last edited by nma; 11-14-2013 at 11:36 AM.
nma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2013, 11:52 AM   #28
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nma View Post
what the hell is whore shit?
Ask GG's mom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2013, 12:14 PM   #29
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
And people aren't just as sleazy, looking for any way they can to skirt the law just because they don't think it should apply to them? Disputing things they know they're guilty of and tying up the courts just on the hope that the cop won't show and they can get away with it?
then its a race to the bottom with that attitude, who can out sleaze each other. the police, politicians, etc. should be held to a higher standard.

the only police agency i've had mostly good dealings with are delta pd, except for one time they gave my father a ticket for not indicating when he did (we were all in the car, and he would have no reason not to indicate - that one still boggles the mind).

vpd act like bullies, rcmp are the police version of a union - they just act with no honour, and do not act in the best interest of the people, they act for the best interest of their 'group'
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:19 PM   #30
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,149 Times in 7,150 Posts
Quote:
do i look like i give a fuck about wat u say? mr cop wonna be on every single one of ur post

i hope u get rear end by a semi
You sound like a fucking dipshit.
I hope you learn how to spell and articulate your thoughts better than a 13 year old with behavioural problems.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2013, 12:28 PM   #31
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
Quote:
Ask GG's mom
Don't stoop to his level...

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2013, 12:34 PM   #32
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
Quote:
do i look like i give a fuck about wat u say? mr cop wonna be on every single one of ur post

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2013, 12:38 PM   #33
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,355 Times in 1,044 Posts
They do this in West van all the time, at Esso on Marine and 15th. is this some sort of a deal they have with Esso stations?

correction to above statement, they only stand there when it's nice and sunny out. :|
boostfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:39 PM   #34

Thanked 31,149 Times in 7,150 Posts
I'm quite surprised at who I most often see on their phones while driving. Its more likely to see a 45 year old man than a 20 year old girl. I lectured some guy in front of his wife at a light to try and steer his porsche without holding his phone in the centre of the wheel. I mean, picking up your phone at a light is no big deal, but browsing while you are driving down burrard at 60? Don't be stupid. Lots happens on the roads in vancouver. Even if you are fucking michael schumacher you can't predict all the stupid that happens. People spend like 600 bucks every year for the newest biphone, so get a fucking bluetooth headunit.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:42 PM   #35
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,907 Times in 754 Posts
hmmm been taking quite a few chances at red lights... I think going forward starting today, phone is in backseat out of my reach but well within Bluetooth range. a ticket for something like this cant be fought and I would not want to be out that kinda ca$h monies!

BUTTTTT....how is it any different than me selecting an MP3 tune off the navigation screen..or better yet, entering navigation data such as addresses etc.
Acura604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:50 PM   #36
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy

Thanked 6,021 Times in 1,129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acura604 View Post
hmmm been taking quite a few chances at red lights... I think going forward starting today, phone is in backseat out of my reach but well within Bluetooth range. a ticket for something like this cant be fought and I would not want to be out that kinda ca$h monies!

BUTTTTT....how is it any different than me selecting an MP3 tune off the navigation screen..or better yet, entering navigation data such as addresses etc.
ah, you arnt allowed to do those things either, car manufactures are forced into making things like that very simple to access once on the road "assuming you have already setup your destination while in park"

if they dont get you for driving while using a handheld/electronic device they will get you with a distracted while driving or driving without consideration charge..
snails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 01:15 PM   #37
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
the mohawk station at the corner of edmonds and canada way is popular for a cop that is usually either hiding behind the hedge or standing in plain sight and drivers still cut through the gas station or run the light right in front of him. and there is a red light camera at this intersection too.

sometimes it's so bad the station looks like a parking lot and no one is there to buy gas...
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2013, 01:47 PM   #38
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
Quote:

[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it

Last edited by melloman; 11-14-2013 at 01:52 PM.
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2013, 02:40 PM   #39
I'm invisible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edison_Chen View Post
I saw the same thing yesterday around 1130 in the morning in Richmond on the corner of Garden City and Westminster. One RCMP was just sitting at the corner and looking around. After the intersection there were 2 other RCMP pulling over the people who were using the phones at the intersection.
Posted via RS Mobile
The RCMP are at the same location again but around 215pm today.
Posted via RS Mobile
Edison_Chen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:01 PM   #40
(ノº _ º)ノ彡┻━┻

i used to see cops in the parking lot of superstore at rupert and granview. once you turn in, it'll appear as though the officer is just directing traffic, but he's actually pulling you over for not wearing your seatbelt.
jnesss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:11 PM   #41
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy

Thanked 6,021 Times in 1,129 Posts
cops sit at 200th st and 64th ave "willowbrook dr" and scope out people while in heavy traffic or at the red lights "i believe it is 4 lanes" they will just walk up to the car tap on the window and issue a ticket in the middle of traffic. they wont even have the driver move the car over.. so already shitty Langley traffic is made considerably worse
snails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:24 PM   #42
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
Police are at both lougheed and willingdon as well as canada way at willingdon extremely often. I'm talking like every week they will be at one of these spots at some point checking people for seat belts, cell phones, red light runners, HOV lane abusers, etc.

The reason they are at these two intersections so often is because they are notorious for accidents.

At the canada way intersection, they often hide in either of the gas stations or even the BCIT parking lot, and then one officer hides somewhere and watches people.

At the lougheed intersection its much the same story I have seen them at the esso and the petro canada.
My office overlooks the Chevron at Willingdon and Canada Way. I used to see them at this gas station all the time; I haven't seen them around since they added the second turn lane to Canada Way though. It could be because all the shrubbery that was right in front of the station is gone and they have no where to hide. I still see them at the Shell station from time to time, and even at the corner near BCIT pretending to be pedestrians.

When they are there they stay for hours. I recall looking out the window a few times during the day from 11am to 4pm and the cops are still there.

I do think it's shady for them to target people at a stop light, but unfortunately some people can't put there phones down. I recall driving along the Arthur Laing and the car in front of me was drifting left to right in the fast lane, when she drifted to the left I quickly pulled up beside the car and sure enough the driver had a phone in her hand. I tapped the horn and she throws her phone into the passenger footwell. I could only shake my head.
Old 11-14-2013, 03:51 PM   #43
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
The way i look at it is if you aren't paying enough attention while on the phone to see the cruiser/officer, then you deserve the ticket anyways.
Old 11-14-2013, 04:19 PM   #44
nma
#RVG

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakshow View Post
The way i look at it is if you aren't paying enough attention while on the phone to see the cruiser/officer, then you deserve the ticket anyways.
lol not a good way to look at it. They hide behinds poles / bushes
nma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 04:29 PM   #45
HELP ME PLS!!!

Anyone one here been stick behind a car on a fresh green because the driver in front was on their phone?

Just because you're stopped doesn't mean you don't have to pay attention. That's the main difference between having music, or driving stick. That's why they call it DISTRACTED driving.

The tactics that the cops use might be sleazy but People on their cellphones while driving piss me off so much, I'm happy they're doing something about it.
Old 11-14-2013, 04:34 PM   #46
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
spotted a few esso-holes (hue hue hue) at the richmond location (westminster and garden city)

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2013, 04:47 PM   #47

Thanked 4,793 Times in 1,761 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4444 View Post
then its a race to the bottom with that attitude, who can out sleaze each other. the police, politicians, etc. should be held to a higher standard.

the only police agency i've had mostly good dealings with are delta pd, except for one time they gave my father a ticket for not indicating when he did (we were all in the car, and he would have no reason not to indicate - that one still boggles the mind).

vpd act like bullies, rcmp are the police version of a union - they just act with no honour, and do not act in the best interest of the people, they act for the best interest of their 'group'
What pisses me off are things like I saw last summer...
Accident on the malahat, traffic is bumper to bumper, literally crawling forward at 2km/h, people are calling their loved ones to tell them that the're going to be extremely late getting home, and you get a pig fucker motorcycle cop cruising down the shoulder lane looking out for those people and pulling them over.

Yeah, I get that the law is the law, but it's a fucking BAD law when it doesn't differentiate a situation like that where the worst case scenario might be that someone bumps into another and puts a few scratches on their bumper vs someone texting at 100km/h on the highway that can smash up their car pretty bad and kill everyone inside & others on the highway too. The cops are assholes for enforcing it like one situation is equal to the other in terms of threat to public safety. THAT'S what makes it a fucking money grab..
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 04:50 PM   #48
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4444 View Post
then its a race to the bottom with that attitude, who can out sleaze each other.
So why be part of the problem?

Thing is, at this point, nobody has an excuse for NOT knowing the law... yet many still push it because they think they can get away with it (or like some here, because they think they're exempt from the law). If they weren't trying to skirt the law at every turn, cops wouldn't NEED to be tricky to catch them at it, which would leave them free for other duties.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:09 PM   #49

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
Happening as we speak at the shell at Canada way/willingdon.

Saw the same cop I saw last week pulling someone over just now again
Posted via RS Mobile
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:35 PM   #50

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
So why be part of the problem?

Thing is, at this point, nobody has an excuse for NOT knowing the law... yet many still push it because they think they can get away with it (or like some here, because they think they're exempt from the law). If they weren't trying to skirt the law at every turn, cops wouldn't NEED to be tricky to catch them at it, which would leave them free for other duties.
I'm not part of the problem, I, u like 95% of road users, take driving very seriously. Using a phone while driving was illegal in England a long time ago, I came here with that mentality, along with no drinking and driving (I find ppl are way too lax on that too).

Cops don't need to stoop so low, they want to, as it's an easy money maker
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote