REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Employment Resources

Employment Resources THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene-opolis
Share job postings, network, workplace humour or politics..

Old 11-14-2013, 09:19 PM   #1
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,583 Times in 4,299 Posts
Bullying at Work Help

So long story short I have been dealing with a lot of bullying at work for years (just went on 8yrs there) and last Friday I basically had enough of it and snapped and I'm on stress leave for a month.

The question I have is should I do something about this bullying cause I'm sick and tired of it and in all honestly dont want to go back.

I have email evidence of a coworker that Photoshopped my face on a picture of a guy getting raped and sent it around the company and to customers. My dad is a customer and he came into work last Friday with another customer and my supervisor asked him why my mom never swallowed and some other shit.

I'm sick and tired and just don't know what to do especially since I'm on this stress leave which I'm only receiving 55% of my pay and I'm of course worried they might want to can me now once I go back...

Any help is much appreciated
Advertisement
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-14-2013, 09:25 PM   #2
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
lets go for a beer brah
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2013, 09:30 PM   #3
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Are you in a union job?
Is there any reason why you want to stay at this job since it is such a toxic work place.

Starting Nov 1, Work safe BC also handles work place harrassment. Since you have proof, maybe taking that proof to them might help.
Not sure if going to the human rights tribunal will help, but that is another possible step.

What about the HR department at your work place. Since your supervisor was so rude to your dad, maybe that is another avenue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2013, 09:40 PM   #4
My homepage has been set to RS

Definitely contact worksafe BC.

Since you're dad is a customer and got the email too, that's pretty telling.
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2013, 09:41 PM   #5
In RS I Trust

Nope the job isn't union at all, a part of me doesn't want to stay but I do like what I do and I like my customers as well. How does the shit with work safe BC work? I'm just at a total loss for words right now cause this shit fucken sucks. I work for a big company and I honestly don't trust my HR department and the worse is I don't want to sounds like a rat.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 11-14-2013, 09:41 PM   #6
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Find a new job. Don't need to take crap from people like this (especially 8 years). Any particular reason why they're only picking on you? Is it a race thing or ?

Edit. Since your supervisor is part of this, can you contact the manager (one above supervisor?)
Purely is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2013, 09:45 PM   #7
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
Can't help you here OP but I'm sorry you've had to go through this.
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2013, 09:46 PM   #8
In RS I Trust

Dunno why they do it they have always done it, I went to my boss around a month ago but he did nothing. He's a real fucken prick that doesn't really do his job in the first place never being there.

Just seems like such a waste putting so much time in some place and they treat me this way and I'm out. It's not a race thing I'm white but they do big me about my sexuality on a regular basis. I'm straight but they all say I'm gay and just don't know it yet... The bullying is pretty bad and I'm kinda shocked I have put up with it for this long.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 11-14-2013, 09:49 PM   #9

If your employer is a pretty big company, then they should take work place bullying/harassment seriously.
Not sure why you don't trust your HR department.
Is there any particular reason why you don't trust your HR department?

Just saw your latest post, and if that was the case, then definately I would say it is time to find another job. Maybe you can find a job in the same industry but with another company.
Quote:
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 11-14-2013, 09:51 PM   #10
In RS I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
If your employer is a pretty big company, then they should take work place bullying/harassment seriously.
Not sure why you don't trust your HR department.
Is there any particular reason why you don't trust your HR department?
They are back in ONT and I haven't really talked to them before. I have also heard stories in the past when someone made something a big deal they were "let go" soon after.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:58 PM   #11

Having worked in a union job, I know what you mean. It's always the nail that sticks out that gets hammered.
From the sounds of it, you are at the end and cannot ignore it anymore. If you are set on leaving, then maybe complaining to HR might not be a bad idea, but be prepared to be singled out and possibly black flagged in the industry. While company's shouldn't do it, in reality it does happen.
Going to Work Safe might help, but in the end, even if you win, would you still want to work for this company with the same people that have been harassing you all these years?
If it was me, I would take the high road and quit, and possibly, you can get a good recommendation if you choose to apply at another company in the same industry.
Quote:

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 11-14-2013, 10:15 PM   #12
nma
#RVG

Honestly dude just don't take it. Tell people to seriously fuck off and make sure they understand it's NOT okay. This happens all the time, and the longer it happens the easier it is to keep picking on you. You can either stand up for your self, or leave. I think the way you're approaching it, your co-workers aren't taking you seriously. If they still don't stop, I would probably go to work safe, or contact someone in your company where some shits will be given. If not, go to the media, tell EVERYONE how awful this company is, and that there is no support for those who are struggling and getting bullied.
nma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2013, 10:24 PM   #13
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Use this time while you are on leave and just find another job.......... I can't believe you put up with it for 8 years...
waddy41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 10:24 PM   #14
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,044 Times in 2,077 Posts
Document everything, search past emails, build your case. Take your time, do it right. If you don't trust local HR, go above them to the head of HR.

If its a big company as you suggest, they take this very seriously. I don't know what outcome there will be but the dickheads you deal with will learn a valuable lesson. If they don't, then your company is shit and you may consider lawyering up to ensure they don't victimize people in future.

Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2013, 10:45 PM   #15
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodnarb View Post
Document everything, search past emails, build your case. Take your time, do it right. If you don't trust local HR, go above them to the head of HR.

Also, read on the company policies and procedures to see how they address these types of situations before escalating it to WorkSafeBC. It will show that you have followed all the proper procedures to no avail.

Just remember that it's the employers responsibility to provide a safe and healthy working environment.

Good luck!
Dasani is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-15-2013, 01:08 PM   #16
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
Nope the job isn't union at all, a part of me doesn't want to stay but I do like what I do and I like my customers as well. How does the shit with work safe BC work? I'm just at a total loss for words right now cause this shit fucken sucks. I work for a big company and I honestly don't trust my HR department and the worse is I don't want to sounds like a rat.
Posted via RS Mobile
Don’t give a FUCK about what anobody thinks of you, period. We live in a dog eat dog world, so if they’re giving you shit, why show sympathy. It’s YOUR right, and you own it.
And don’t forget to respect yourself, first and foremost. Have some self principle, that no one can push you around. Either stand up for yourself, or leave the company.
KingCrimson is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-15-2013, 01:18 PM   #17
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,022 Times in 450 Posts
IMO, the photo and what your co-workers did with it is grounds for firing? I mean, c'mon why would you share something like that with customers. It's unprofessional and makes it oh so easy to track.
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 01:33 PM   #18
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,508 Times in 4,310 Posts
I'm genuinely curious as to why bmwx1 failed the OP.

murdoc - Hope you can sort this out. Sorry to hear about this.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-15-2013, 01:40 PM   #19

I haven't read the links yet, but hope this helps.
WorkSafeBC Safety at Work Bullying and Harassment Information - Fri Nov 15, 2013
Quote:

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
This post thanked by:
Old 11-15-2013, 01:43 PM   #20
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Wow, it's like they are begging you to sue them. If you can get that other customer who heard the lewd comment made to your dad to testify, you are pretty much set for a nice payout.

I looked at OP's avatar at first and wonder who in their right mind would bully someone like that
Geoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 02:23 PM   #21
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
Work place harassment is serious... do you also have video/voice recording.. if not, I would suggest doing some.... but a cheap voice recorder.. I know smartphones have this.. but unless you have a flash memory, it can take up quite a bit if your recording through most of the work day.. haha

If you have told your supervisor or even higher up and they do nothing, you can go after the company also..

Worksafe BC Bullying and Harassment
Old 11-15-2013, 02:52 PM   #22
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
1. Get some friends who look like this:

2. Ask them to make a "visit" to your workplace and have a "talk" with this bully.

Spoiler!
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-15-2013, 03:04 PM   #23
HELP ME PLS!!!

If you decide to leave, make sure you have a job lined up first.

It seems you got nothing to lose if you're manager is useless. Will he even give you a reference?

This is your chance to fuck with them. Start working out. Be intimidating. Follow the photoshopper to the washroom, rattle the door and say, "You're right, turns out today I'm gay. You're going to get raped, bitch."

TP his office or cubicle.

Hit on his wife at the Christmas party.

Though, these things could escalate. Make sure you can leave, or win.

This is what I might do. I've never been in your situation before.

“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”
― Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 11-15-2013, 03:49 PM   #24
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Since they think you are gay..

Get an attractive female friend, since you deal with customers, get her to be all into you. Take down her number and make it audible for everyone to hear ask ask her out for a date and tell to agree. Then shove it down the coworkers throat like no tomorrow.

But really, workplace harassment should be taken very seriously. I just read a bit of the worksafe BC policy and it's in your duty and responsibility to do what you can to minimize it.

Worker's section of policy:

3. The Act
Section 116
(1) Every worker must
(a) take reasonable care to protect the worker's health and safety and the
health and safety of other persons who may be affected by the worker's acts
or omissions at work….
POLICY
Definition
“bullying and
harassment”
(a) includes any inappropriate conduct or comment by a
person towards a worker that the person knew or
reasonably ought to have known would cause that
worker to be humiliated or intimidated, but
(b) excludes any reasonable action taken by an employer or
supervisor relating to the management and direction of
workers or the place of employment.
A worker’s obligation to take reasonable care to protect the health and safety of
themselves or others includes:
(a) not engaging in bullying and harassment of other workers, supervisors, the
employer or persons acting on behalf of the employer;
(b) reporting if bullying and harassment is observed or experienced in the
workplace; and
(c) applying and complying with the employer’s policies and procedures on
bullying and harassment.
ProBoostin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 04:19 PM   #25
In RS I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoc View Post
Wow, it's like they are begging you to sue them. If you can get that other customer who heard the lewd comment made to your dad to testify, you are pretty much set for a nice payout.

I looked at OP's avatar at first and wonder who in their right mind would bully someone like that
The customer that was with my dad already said he heard the full thing and is willing to speak up for me as he was pissed off as well.

The thing thats fucked up about this is the person who has been saying and doing all of this stuff is female...