REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 11-23-2013, 04:42 AM   #26
DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?

Thanked 2,571 Times in 689 Posts
To those who think you need a destination to begin a journey and/or that the destination is more important because otherwise there would be no point making the journey, I respectfully disagree.

There are many things people do on a whim. Spontaneous road trip? Trying a new dish/cuisine? Frivolous sex? There are short-term "destinations" in all these activities and more, but they need not necessarily be part of a bigger, more important framework of goals or destinations one wishes to achieve.

Yes, of course, ambition and an end-goals are admirable things. But there are other aspects to this whole journey-destination discourse, one of them being sometimes the destination could really suck (without you necessarily knowing it ahead of time, either).

Point in case, a few months ago I wrote a novel. It didn't start off as a novel, I was just putting some thoughts down and before I knew it I had 20,000 words. It sucked. But I did it, not necessarily to go anywhere with it. It now sits on my hard drive and I haven't taken a look at it since, but it was fun to have worked on it.

Pragmatism is cool and all, but it takes the fun out of things sometimes.

Culture_Vulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 12:05 PM   #27
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
the journey is a means to an end.

gotta get through the bullshit to get to the good shit.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 02:33 PM   #28
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,275 Times in 434 Posts
Somewhat relevant:
Spoiler!

I thought about it more and I've gotta agree with Ulic and mr_chin about knowing the destination. But aside from that, I think once you know your destination, it's how you get there that's more important.
ForbiddenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 03:06 PM   #29
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Conclusion

Small shit that doesn't matter in life, journey is more important. For example, baking cookies, invent new bubble tea, fixing a totaled vehicle.

Big shit that that decides your life, destination is more important. For example, career positions, breaking world records, winning a championship fight.

So can we justify that the people who thinks journey is more important don't value ambitions and goals as much as those who thinks destination is more important?
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 06:42 PM   #30
Ri2
Willing to stick a finger in a guys butt for the sake of science

For me, I'd say always the journey. You have to realize that your destination may change depending on what happens on that journey and what you take away from it all. Who you were in the past, who you are now and who you will be in the future may be surprisingly different people altogether. As you change, your wants and needs will change also. The beauty of life is not knowing what's going to happen but you have to be open to genuinely accept what comes. Don't get caught up in shit that makes you forget who you are and invest in yourself as much as possible. At the same time, remember that everyone goes through their journeys differently and if someone elses' journey affects you negatively, you have to feel compassion; send them love and well wishes and detach yourself from the situation.

Go with the flow but always strive to be the best version of yourself possible.
[19-07, 22:39] dinosaur i have felt up ri2 before

Last edited by Ri2; 11-23-2013 at 06:48 PM.
Ri2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-26-2013, 11:48 PM   #31
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,540 Times in 4,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ri2 View Post
In that case, I dedicate this to you:

Yeah, just know my condo is the crack spot
Every single show she out there reppin' like a mascot
Get it from the back and make ya fuckin' bra strap pop
All up in your slot till a n**** hit the jack pot

I think it looks peasant as fuck and to me this is a 3/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
^PICS DAMNIT!!!! ill eat the pate out of her banhmi anytime.
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 07:20 AM   #32
VLS Head Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ri2 View Post
For me, I'd say always the journey. You have to realize that your destination may change depending on what happens on that journey and what you take away from it all. Who you were in the past, who you are now and who you will be in the future may be surprisingly different people altogether. As you change, your wants and needs will change also. The beauty of life is not knowing what's going to happen but you have to be open to genuinely accept what comes. Don't get caught up in shit that makes you forget who you are and invest in yourself as much as possible. At the same time, remember that everyone goes through their journeys differently and if someone elses' journey affects you negatively, you have to feel compassion; send them love and well wishes and detach yourself from the situation.

Qtf
Posted via RS Mobile
saucywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 03:05 PM   #33
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
To get anywhere in life, without the journey, you will never reach your destination, be it in career pr relationship. Dont worry about getting to your destination, just enjoy the journey. You will know when you've reached your destination.