REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 11-20-2013, 10:22 PM   #1
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
Kia K900

Kia’s K900 pushes into the $60,000 luxury car club
By Justin Hyde

Even though it made its reputation on quirky budget vehicles, Kia has, in recent years, been trying to establish itself as an upscale brand, like a middle-class kid trying to sit at the table with the popular rich kids at lunch. The Cadenza sedan, introduced last year, didn’t exactly blow the roof off the market.

But Kia isn’t giving up. They think they can, they think they can. In fact, they’ve doubled down on luxury, today launching the K900, which, despite a name that comes very close to that of Dr. Who’s robot dog, K9, aims to be a world-class luxury sedan.

After we endured an extended violin concert of “Hotel California” played by members of Celine Dion’s Las Vegas house band, Kia told us that the K900 will generate “a new buying habit from self-defined technophiles with a new appreciation for luxury.” At last, someone is making a car for those people. Kia had better hope self-defined technophiles like Lexuses, because that’s essentially what they’ve made here.

Inside and out, the K900 bears a startling resemblance to the Lexus GS, from the soft white Napa leather to the wood-veener and leather-wrapped steering wheel, to the long, aquiline hood. The seats have evolved to meet current luxury standards. They’re heated and have power recline functions in the front and rear, assuming you spring for the premium package, because if you’re already buying a luxury Kia, why wouldn’t you?

The K900 — which again, we must remind you, isn’t a Lexus, despite all appearances — comes with two engine packages, a 3.8-liter V-6, generating 311hp, that will cost in the neighborhood of $50,000, and a 420-hp V-8 that will run somewhere in the $60,000 range. There are “intelligent cruise control” and “advanced vehicle safety managment” and noise reduction systems. In other words, it’s a high-end luxury car. From Kia. “While its volume will be limited,” a Kia spokesman said, “its impact will be huge.” Well see. It would be even bigger if they’d officially change the name to the Kia Robot Dog.

Advertisement
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:39 PM   #2
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,756 Times in 3,869 Posts
Interior looks fantastic, but the exterior looks a bit bloated, and the wheels are just god aweful
Posted via RS Mobile
320icar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:40 PM   #3
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,186 Times in 239 Posts
bmw shifter
is350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:42 PM   #4
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
This is what it would look like if the BMW 5 series and the Ford Fusion had a baby raised in Korea

'93 GSR

'99 EXPEDITION
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 07:15 AM   #5
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,233 Times in 266 Posts
is this just Kia's spin on a genesis sedan? I rather have a genesis r-spec for less money and r-spec is 48k cash or 57k financed on Hyundai's website that's with the the 8 year 160k warranty, the Kia has a nicer interior but I think the genesis looks much nicer

and still has a pretty nice interior
slicrick is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2013, 08:48 AM   #6
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
certain manufacturers just shouldn't use the side grill.. it looks like one of those chrome add-on's you'd buy from bay.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:51 AM   #7
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,242 Times in 861 Posts
This car has the interior the genesis sedan has been lacking. I might say the equus as well.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:22 AM   #8
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,252 Times in 1,965 Posts
The Genesis is now dated considering the new model was unveiled.

The K9 looks good to me except I can't stand the high roofline. If it was lowered, even a bit, it would definitely give it a more dramatic look.

Equus front end looks better IMO.
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:19 AM   #9
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,388 Posts
The Equus and Genesis are both amazing cars, they drive like a dream, but I'd still never pay that kind of money for a non-luxury brand. Simple as that.
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote