REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-24-2013, 09:03 AM   #26
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
Jeremy Nutall... I wonder if he thought he would be reporting on bathroom stall graffiti when he decided he wanted to become a "journalist"
Advertisement
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:10 AM   #27
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,107 Times in 271 Posts
Sounds like Traum is the lady who called the cops and wants her 15 minutes of fame for being on the news.

EDIT: LOL @ comment section. Not sure if srs.
KingDeeCee is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-24-2013, 09:29 AM   #28
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
yeah the comments were a bit and they've closed commenting already
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:16 AM   #29
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

bathroom graffiti, It's the meat space equivalent to 4chan. your completely anonymous and will write what ever pops in your head. more for shock value than actual feelings because People like to troll and shock people. Have you ever hid around a corner popped out and yelled boo to scare someone? That's all this is. someone is trying to shock and offend. not because they hate Chinese. but they want someone to read it and have some sort of reaction. The worst thing about this graffiti is how painfully uncreative and unimaginative it is.
4nik8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-24-2013, 10:23 AM   #30
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carisear View Post
lol, i came in expecting to see some huge 10 foot spraypainted graffiti, not some 3 cm chicken scratch on the inside of a bathroom stall.
same, 24 hrs must have no good news stories at all if they report something like this
Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:27 AM   #31
Prince of the Apes

Thanked 3,046 Times in 672 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fT-z33wor View Post
Internet Graffiti.
[23-08, 13:17] nabs i've gripped ice boy's shaft before
Quote:
[26-08, 13:50] Jesusjuice is this a sports car forum? why are there so many hondas?
bloodmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:55 AM   #32
#deephouse

Thanked 4,704 Times in 1,243 Posts
did someone write , try and kill us all yet?
Old 11-24-2013, 01:29 PM   #33
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
lol was expecting some massive graffiti in front of some store.
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 01:33 PM   #34
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,436 Times in 4,279 Posts
Must have been the artwork of that loser bcrdukes.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-24-2013, 01:39 PM   #35
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrdukes View Post
Must have been the artwork of that loser bcrdukes.
I heard he left behind one of those organic coffee cups at the scene of the crime
Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 01:47 PM   #36
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Idk what's more pathetic, the fact this is news or the reaction to the news.

Do people have nothing better to do these days?
jakers is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-24-2013, 02:09 PM   #37
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Is most likely coz most Asians sit in the stalls reading newspaper, chatting on thier cell phones or playing their iphones taking up the stalls for hours. I am not sure why but lot's of Asians tend to do these things in the washroom even the public ones..........
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 03:46 PM   #38
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,782 Times in 2,491 Posts
when i see racist stuff on the wall it's usually the epic responses written are what makes me
and the poor spelling/grammar used in the racist comment

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 05:32 PM   #39
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
It's a fucking washroom, you get used to seeing gigantic dick paintings and shit smears on the walls. Language used by the typical thirteen year old COD player being written in a washroom stall does not surprise or induce rage with me.

If we had death squads rolling the streets, we'd have a newsworthy problem. If this constitutes news, then we might have world war three on our hands here...
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-24-2013, 05:48 PM   #40
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
the fact that this made the news is probably going to encourage more ignorant individuals to continue or start doing this. a lot of graffiti that is done in bathroom stalls are done just to illicit a reaction.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 05:50 PM   #41
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
^^ Dude, this isn't high school we're talking about (even though it may well be a dumba$$ hs kid scribbling it). Plain and simple, this is hate crime that is punishable under the Canadian Criminal Code.

I agree that there is probably very little that can be done in terms of catching the perpetrator. As a rule, it is still important to emphasize that this kind of thinking has no place in society, especially one such as ours here in Vancouver.
although it is an offence under the criminal code, there really isn't much police can do in a situation like this unless there is evidence leading towards possible suspects...

I guess news is slow these days in the LMD
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 06:20 PM   #42
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
I'm surprised she took the time to report it to the police
More surprised even still that the cop took it seriously

Grow up. There will always be people who don't like you.
You're fat, the wrong race, the wrong sex, the wrong religion .. get over it.

I love how the 'news' title also has no context -- just says "Graffiti at metrotown" -- makes no mention of the context. If it said "Graffiti in metrotown bathroom stall" even google's indexing bots wouldn't open it.

Think of all the terrible shit that gets told to white people all day -- they all take it in stride, yet immigrants get hung up on it, why? Fuck, a white person can't even say "brown guy" or "black guy" without coming off as racist -- why is that? There's a church near my house and routinely I see kids from immigrant families hanging out behind it after hours drinking beers, smoking weed, having fights -- if that were white kids doing it on the property of a mosque or a temple it'd be all over the news -- Why is that?

You're living in Canada .. you are a Canadian. If you went to your parents' home country you would be a foreigner -- why the hell do you care what a piece of graffiti written on a bathroom stall says about a demographic you're not even connected to anymore (aside from whatever heritage is attached to your name ...)?

Racism in the past existed, some ship full of my people got turned around and your people made a railway. Fun fact, the railway you guys made, my dad worked on. He got hassled by every single non-ethnic person and called slurs but he just laughed it off because at the end of the day he knew it just wasn't worth it to get hung up on trivial shit. There were moments when it turned to physical altercation and my dad's got some crazy stories about fights -- but this was way back in the 70s/80s where the majority of 'red-dot-indians' people had seen was Hadji from Johnny Question ( Sim Sim Sala Bim!).

Sorry for the digression, but the point I'm try to get at here is ... you're hung up by growing pains of a society where 'racism' is so non-existent that it's really only a very small proportion of the population causing problems. It was the people before us, who lived decades ago, that suffered the brunt of racism -- not us, dealing with whatever relics of the past are left behind.

tl;dr -- Canada rocks. If you spent the majority if your life here, you're a canadian. If you still identify with the birthplace of your parents, you clearly have this whole idea of 'immigration' wrong. If you disagree, move back to whatever country you think you belong to and tell us how great life is there.
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-24-2013, 06:33 PM   #43
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 08:33 PM   #44
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
I don't think I've ever taken ANY graffiti I've seen in a bathroom stall seriously. If that's the case, I'd better start calling all those numbers promising me a good time, flush twice because it's a long way to the kitchen, keep an eye out for all those hidden cameras watching me take a deuce, and just overall ponder the meaning of life while reading some random poems scratched into the wall.

Because, you know, everything people truly feel is always carved permanently into the bathroom wall...
calling for a good time could be fun!
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:39 PM   #45
RS Veteran

White people don't need to be a victim of this social taboo of always being racist.
Vancouver's Top Classifieds and Automotive Forum - REVscene.net - Revscene White Pride (Culture) Club

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
This post thanked by:
Old 11-25-2013, 12:33 PM   #46
RS Veteran

Case in point.

Video: Katy Perry's 'Offensive' Geisha Performance At American Music Awards: LAist

Is it really racist? What if she was just trying to embrace and promote the Japanese culture?

Old 11-25-2013, 12:52 PM   #47
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
^^ Dude, this isn't high school we're talking about (even though it may well be a dumba$$ hs kid scribbling it). Plain and simple, this is hate crime that is punishable under the Canadian Criminal Code.

I agree that there is probably very little that can be done in terms of catching the perpetrator. As a rule, it is still important to emphasize that this kind of thinking has no place in society, especially one such as ours here in Vancouver.
Hate it wen ppl get offended at the smallest things
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 01:01 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrdukes View Post
Case in point.

Video: Katy Perry's 'Offensive' Geisha Performance At American Music Awards: LAist

Is it really racist? What if she was just trying to embrace and promote the Japanese culture?
not her fault shes a weeaboo
Old 11-25-2013, 01:02 PM   #49
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,231 Times in 2,482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drow View Post
Hate it wen ppl get offended at the smallest things
I'm not offended. I'm just surprised by the stupidity, especially when it happened in a city that is as racially and culturally diverse as Vancouver.

On a different note, I am also quite surprised by RS' reaction to the post. The number of fails I got in the first post also surprised me too. But I guess I really shouldn't be surprised. It is RS after all.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 01:10 PM   #50

i think the fact that you believed that there would be less racism, because a city has a lot of different cultures and races, is the reason you got most fails. its not "because its rs" that you got failed, it was bad logic on your part. differences bring about hate and dislike, its always has, and always will.