REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 12-01-2013, 12:47 PM   #26
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Lol... no offense, I wouldn't buy a used car with almost 250k for even 11 grand. What's the point? Who know's if you had been abusing the car, the engine is probably at the end of its life, the leather seats inside doesn't seem taken care of well. And the fact that you sold the better looking 22 inch wheels for the current wheels. And did a brake swap, what's the point of having those beautiful brake rotors and pads when you have those cheap looking wheels. I didn't even see it until meme mentioned it. 10-11k sounds about right for the vehicle, I would only buy it if I wanted to swap the engine like meme intended.
Advertisement
anxiety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:51 PM   #27
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
250km is not even close the the limit of a SBC...

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 01:21 PM   #28
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,185 Times in 304 Posts
People go to auctions to get good deals, not to pay top dollar for a regular vehicle. You're not selling a rare muscle car that everyone wants. You have a high mileage, American-made, gas guzzler which could be plagued with electrical issues. I wouldn't be surprised if your truck went for $6k at the auction.
As others have said, part out your brakes, maybe try to find some stock 22's for it and sell it for $13-14k. The truck being from the states, people will be comparing prices to US prices as well...

A car can be only 2 out of the 3.
xpl0sive is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-01-2013, 03:05 PM   #29
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpl0sive View Post
People go to auctions to get good deals, not to pay top dollar for a regular vehicle. You're not selling a rare muscle car that everyone wants. You have a high mileage, American-made, gas guzzler which could be plagued with electrical issues. I wouldn't be surprised if your truck went for $6k at the auction.
As others have said, part out your brakes, maybe try to find some stock 22's for it and sell it for $13-14k. The truck being from the states, people will be comparing prices to US prices as well...
this is the truth. people go to auctions to get steals. check it out yourself before signing the papers. The auction market attracts the type looking for a great deal so they can turn around and make money on the sale. You are a lot better off selling it yourself on craigslist.
suzuka84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:05 PM   #30
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpl0sive View Post
Ya dont really know what else to say. Just replying now because I dont like to leave people hanging that took the time to respond.

I can pretty much guarantee that in the end I will get $15k-$16k Wether I sell the truck for $13k and the brakes for another $3k or whatever.

I dont believe for a second that a 2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV fully loaded with every option and tons of receipts for maintenance etc etc looses $15k value just because it has higher mileage and is american. maybe $7-$10k MAX. not to mention everyone that test drove it always comments how nicely it drives and shows etc.

I just feel everyone that has come to look at it was looking for a vehicle in a much lower price range and stumbled across my ad and are now hoping that somehow they're ford explorer money is going to get them a newer escalade. Especially because this type of vehicle appeals to a "certain" crowd that isn't looking to pay asking price for anything. Most people with $15k-$20k cash to spend on a vehicle go to a dealership and use that as a down payment on something brand new. Not buying a 2007 with tons of miles etc etc...

I had solid offers for $18k-20k when I initially put it up with the rims and fully detailed and I confidentially declined because I felt like I could get at least $25k. Now that I have taken off the rims and because it has a cracked passenger mirror and the passenger seat electronics stopped working but literally EVERYTHING else is perfect working condition I am loosing $10k+....I can see EVERYONES point who has chimed in. but realistically to the people that are saying 9-10K you guys are misinformed. An escalade with 150k and no maintenance and crappy owner could be in worse off condition then a well maintained escalade with 100k km more.

This truck truely has not caused me any headaches. the engine runs strong and idles nicely. the tranny doesn't clunk. All the electronics with exception of the passenger side seat work perfectly. The interior has no rips or excessive wear. It really sucks to see how much value this truck has lost...I paid $20k a little more then a year ago and put $10k+ into the truck thinking I would keep it long term. As we all know things change and it looks like IM about to take a $20k hit on this gas guzzling asshole of a vehicle.

wish me luck guys and thanks for all the input!
pissedoffe55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:13 PM   #31
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
come back and post about your experience with adesa, if that is where you end up going. i keep hearing about them on zack spencer's radio talk show on the weekend but don't actually know anyone who has used them (other than dealers and brokers).
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:17 PM   #32
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
come back and post about your experience with adesa, if that is where you end up going. i keep hearing about them on zack spencer's radio talk show on the weekend but don't actually know anyone who has used them (other than dealers and brokers).
I will definitely let you guys know about the whole experience.
Old 12-01-2013, 03:34 PM   #33
I am Hook'd on RS

This was when the truck has rims and had no cosmetic damage. I was getting offers from $15-$20k =(
Old 12-01-2013, 04:09 PM   #34
Witness protection

do you think there will be a glut of used 'slades on the market after the new one hits the showrooms? not sure what is going to happen to the resale values. i don't know enough about this... all i remember was that my poor timing in selling my mk5 vw gti. the mk6 had just come out and it was like i lost $3-4k in resale value overnight
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
This post thanked by:
Old 12-01-2013, 08:26 PM   #35

Nice looking brakes, but the stock 22's look a billion times better than those... Things... You have on now.

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
This post thanked by:
Old 12-01-2013, 08:57 PM   #36
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,825 Times in 3,905 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pissedoffe55 View Post
I had solid offers for $18k-20k when I initially put it up with the rims and fully detailed and I confidentially declined because I felt like I could get at least $25k. Now that I have taken off the rims and because it has a cracked passenger mirror and the passenger seat electronics stopped working but literally EVERYTHING else is perfect working condition I am loosing $10k+....I can see EVERYONES point who has chimed in. but realistically to the people that are saying 9-10K you guys are misinformed. An escalade with 150k and no maintenance and crappy owner could be in worse off condition then a well maintained escalade with 100k km more.
it's US import and high milage so I bet majority of the ppl that were browsing your ad stopped at those words.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 09:58 PM   #37
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,578 Times in 934 Posts
in my experience people in lower mainland dont have tolerance for high mileage vehicles. it doesnt seem to be such a big deal in other areas, especially down south.

my suggestion would be to list it on the seattle/bellingham craigslist as well.

also id get rid of the brakes, you are not going to get one penny more for them
vitaminG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:27 AM   #38
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaminG View Post
in my experience people in lower mainland dont have tolerance for high mileage vehicles. it doesnt seem to be such a big deal in other areas, especially down south.

I put it up on craigslist Seattle this morning and have been in commutation with a guy who wants to buy it for $15,500 as is. Only thing is he wants me to bring to the states for an inspection and I don't have a current passport. Also called an importer and it would take 3 days for the paperwork and $400 out of pocket.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:35 AM   #39
Old School RS

Thanked 3,960 Times in 1,208 Posts
Going to the US is actually a good option for it... they are way less scared of mileage and the value for full sized trucks is very strong there compared to here.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:08 PM   #40
Witness protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowside67 View Post
Going to the US is actually a good option for it... they are way less scared of mileage and the value for full sized trucks is very strong there compared to here.
... not to mention gas is so much cheaper.
Old 12-04-2013, 05:39 PM   #41
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaminG View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowside67 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
... not to mention gas is so much cheaper.

UPDATE***

so I took the advice of the forum members and posted on craigslist in Seattle. about an hour after I posted I got a hit from a importer/dealer in tacoma.

they wanted me to bring the truck down that day but I dont have a passport.. so after a lot of phone calls they managed to get a connect with a service called crossborder which imports cars.

pretty much they got the crossborder business to perform an inspection on the truck then they paid me for it and now they are handling all the import work to send it to washington.

I ended up getting $15,500 so I am pretty happy how it all worked out.

thanks for all your advice guys.

and if you are ever looking to import a car to the states I would highly recommend cross-border(ask for richard)
This post thanked by:
Old 12-04-2013, 05:44 PM   #42

Well damn. Congrats on that! Very smart move sending it south.

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
Old 12-04-2013, 07:55 PM   #43
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Glad you were able to sell it but I shake my head when I read that you turned down offers of "around $20k with the aftermarket rims about 6 months ago".
Old 12-04-2013, 08:40 PM   #44
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dared3vil0 View Post
Well damn. Congrats on that! Very smart move sending it south.
Thx. I am happy its gone. never wouldve thought to post it on the states without the recommendations from this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed2K View Post
Glad you were able to sell it but I shake my head when I read that you turned down offers of "around $20k with the aftermarket rims about 6 months ago".
6 months ago wasn't right before the holidays...and At the time the truck also didn't have a crack on passenger mirror and bumper, and the electronics in the passenger seat worked. Also the 2015 with all new restyling hadn't been released...At the time I genuinely believed I could have got $25k

At the end of the day I still got a couple thousand for the other rims I had and ended up selling for $5000 more then everyone here predicted. If I would have known how hard it would be to sell I would have taken the first $20k offer. but hindsight is always 20/20...
This post thanked by:
Old 12-04-2013, 08:42 PM   #45

Hindsight is always 20/20... If only foresight was 20/20...

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
Old 12-05-2013, 12:09 AM   #46
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rd...217997085.html

Quote:
***SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD*****

TO ALL THE LOWERBALLERS AND TIME WASTERS I JUST WANT TO SEND A BIG "FUCK YOU" YOUR WAY AND LET YOU NOW THE TRUCK SOLD TODAY FOR ASKING PRICE!!
Was it really necessary?
Acethriller is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-05-2013, 12:40 AM   #47
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,063 Times in 308 Posts
Cant even spell correctly. Smfh.
zilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 12:51 AM   #48
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Damn that's the cheapest 07+ Escalade I've seen by far. Not even beat up, Clean title too. If I'd had seen that sooner I would have bought it.
synergy141 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-05-2013, 12:58 AM   #49
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,063 Times in 308 Posts
LOL.
zilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 01:29 AM   #50
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,355 Times in 1,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acethriller View Post
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rd...217997085.html

Was it really necessary?
LMAO. Busted!
boostfever is offline   Reply With Quote