REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-05-2014, 11:44 PM   #26
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,309 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdasco View Post
is that story with the girl walking forward doing the twitchy stuff from the states true?? saw tah she can only run / walk backwards to act normal
She miraculously got healed.

I've always been on the camp that it was a fake story.
Advertisement

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:00 AM   #27
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
wow did i get failed for asking a question?? If she got healed, might be fake... but who knows! i wouldn't act physically/mentally disable on purpose and i doubt she would

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:34 AM   #28
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,382 Times in 3,464 Posts
This is what happens if you don't get vaccinated

Texas Megachurch Changes Vaccination Stance After Outbreak
Old 01-06-2014, 07:07 AM   #29
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
mandatory at work for me. it was either that or wear the mask which i'm not a fan of. last year i got sick right away after getting my shot. but this year... nothing. not sure what was different this time around.
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:59 AM   #30
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
Like the nuclear thread and the real estate thread, most people will end up with average between worse scenario and best case scenario.

Unless you are immunologically compromised and malnourished, if you contract the flu (there are a variety), you will feel like you are better off dead, but you won't die. Flu shots will plenty of time for the body to learn to create antibodies will likely minimize the symptoms.

Wash your hand often, eat plenty of fruits and veg and spend plenty of time in the sun because UV kills bug in general and carry on.
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:17 AM   #31
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by godwin View Post
Like the nuclear thread and the real estate thread, most people will end up with average between worse scenario and best case scenario.

Unless you are immunologically compromised and malnourished, if you contract the flu (there are a variety), you will feel like you are better off dead, but you won't die. Flu shots will plenty of time for the body to learn to create antibodies will likely minimize the symptoms.

Wash your hand often, eat plenty of fruits and veg and spend plenty of time in the sun because UV kills bug in general and carry on.
sun? today will be the last day for that... nothing but liquid sunshine after today
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jan2014weather.JPG (23.2 KB, 0 views)
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:55 PM   #32
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,907 Times in 754 Posts
H1N1/ FLU symptoms

Temperature
Feeling feverish or having a fever of 100°F or higher can be an indicator for the flu or H1N1 virus, though not everyone with the flu will get a fever. Fevers are unlikely with a common cold.

Body Aches
Feeling achy all over or getting a headache is another symptom of the flu or H1N1, and not generally associated with getting a cold. This tends to show as more general aches, as opposed to those confined to one area.

Nausea, Vomiting Or Diarrhea
Nausea is the most symptom of the flu, and less likely to occur with a cold. However, if you're vomiting continuously, this can indicate a more severe strain of the flu, and you should seek medical help.

Sore Throat
A sore throat is usually the first indicator of the beginning of illness, whether it's a cold, the flu or worse.

Cough
Coughing occurs when one has a cold or the flu, though if it worsens, that can indicate a more severe strain, like H1N1.

Fatigue
An intense feeling of exhaustion, like not being able to get out of bed, is a sign that you have the flu or H1N1. This does not usually occur with a cold.

Chills
Chills can occur as a result of many kinds of bacterial and viral illnesses, including colds, the flu and H1N1.

Runny Nose
Though a runny nose is most closely associated with a cold, it can also be part of having the flu or H1N1. Be sure to have plenty of tissues on hand to keep germs from spreading.

Dizziness
Dizziness is not a normal symptom for a cold or flu, and should be treated with seriousness.

Dehydration
Dehydration is a serious risk when you're ill, either because you feel too sick to drink or eat, or you've been vomiting and/or having diarrhea. Being dehydrated can indicate H1N1, and you should seek medical attention.

Pain In Stomach Or Chest
Feeling pains in your stomach or chest while or immediately after you have the flu can indicate a serious complication, like pneumonia. Seek medical help immediately.

Discoloured Lips
Discoloured lips can indicate a lung infection, which poses a serious health risk. Be sure to seek medical attention immediately.
Acura604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-06-2014, 02:52 PM   #33
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
^thanks dag
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 10:30 PM   #34
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,755 Times in 544 Posts
well... ive been sick for almost a week now and my headache comes and go but it is such a pain in the ass. but for sure it is not h1n1.. i suggest everyone to just dress more layers to stay warm. there is a flu going around Vancouver and it is not pretty.
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 10:53 PM   #35
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

I got the flu after nye, I thought it was from the partying withdrawl.

3 days in bed lots of meds and water.
Lost 10 lbs but now feel like a champ
RickyTan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 02:02 PM   #36
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
Fatal case of H5N1 bird flu reported in Canada
News1130 by The Canadian Press / 1h

EDMONTON (NEWS1130) – A woman from Alberta is the first confirmed fatal case of the bird flu in North America.

Health Minister Rona Ambrose says the case, which was located in Alberta, was an isolated one and that the risk to the general public is very low.

There are reports the woman was on a plane from Beijing to Vancouver and then Vancouver to Edmonton.

She died in hospital.

Doctors don’t know who she contracted the virus but say there is no evidence of person to person transmission.

The World Health Organization says that as of mid-December, there had been 648 laboratory-confirmed human cases of H5N1 flu, reported from 15 countries.
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote