REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-17-2014, 04:56 PM   #26
Director of RS Cares

Truly sad and I fully agree with the 1) rope issue near a slide 2) where was everyone?!!

We did our research when placing my niece in a daycare/preschool type. Ended up choosing CEFA for 5 years and would recommend it for all parents/guardians to look into it for a safe environment for your little ones. It's pricier than your average daycare but the care and quality of supervision puts your heart at ease.

Now that she's in K, we have to take turns picking her up and watching her but I will say it was a load off of our shoulders for those years she was there.

PS. CONGRATS GUMBY! Can't wait to see little G-man's little sister/bro!!
Advertisement
Old 01-17-2014, 09:25 PM   #27
Cant Stop Modding Fat Cars w/ Cheap Pasts!

Thanked 9,234 Times in 3,293 Posts
This little girl dying over in the UK while tragic is getting far more attention than it should when compared to how many children are suffering/dying around the world

just some perspective here but canada/us/etc are/have been bombing almost entire generations of children to death and those that survive are suffering psychological problems and many others are permanently physically injured and we're supporting it

Also 1 child dies every 5 seconds around the world simply from hunger and preventable disease

just some perspective, flame suit on?
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-17-2014, 09:43 PM   #28
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 8,250 Times in 3,275 Posts
No flame suit needed. We all know about the suffering of children around the world. However, this story hits home for some of us.

It's like the hockey mom who got beaten to death. We identify with her. She is like one of us. It could happen to any of us, closer to home, etc.

substitute the word "god" with Allah, Mohammed, Buddha, Odin, your parents, whathaveyou..........
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-17-2014, 09:57 PM   #29
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,197 Times in 1,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
What the fuck is a loop of rope doing on playground equipment?!

Edit: Roll call for RS parents!

Father of a 5.75 year old, and a -3 month old (i.e. wife is expecting).
Quote:
Originally Posted by seakrait View Post
Exactly! How that was not seen as a potential threat to safety I'm not sure. It'd be exactly like a gallows. Kid is at top of slide with loop around neck. Kid's feet slips on the slide and she falls down the slide. Then...
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakshow View Post
wow.. that rope was just an accident waiting to happen..
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilley View Post
Why the fuck is there even a rope there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by duc_evo_sp View Post
WHY IS THERE ROPE NEAR THE SLIDE!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestTea View Post
I dunno why the hell theirs a rope on the top of the slide in the first place..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
Put a noose at the top of the slide that makes sense.
No shit. I have 2 daughters, aged 6 and 4. If I saw a rope at the top of a slide like that..

Stories like this make me really thankful that my wife is a stay-at-home mom.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:26 PM   #30
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

RIP little one.

Makes me want to inspect in the future the area/schools/daycare where my kids will go. Unbelievable how they can let her be on her own and have a rope beside a slide like that.

S-exy
U-ber
P-owerful
R-aw
A-nimal
SupraMan604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 11:41 PM   #31
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Children should never have to suffer. RIP. Time to go hug my 11mth old son.
dvst8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 01:25 AM   #32
I signed up to a Zionist website and all the Illuminati gave me was this lousy usertitle

A nice number of concerned parents here... having a 2 year old half brother, my biggest fear is what the good doctor will do to him.

Vaccinations.
Spoiler!
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc

Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 01-18-2014 at 01:32 AM.
CharlesInCharge is online now   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-18-2014, 01:28 AM   #33
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 17,636 Times in 5,343 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
A nice number of concerned parents here... having a 2 year old half brother, my biggest fear is what the good doctor will do to him.

Vaccinations.
Banned from thread for posting off topic troll message

You have your own thread for this shit, keep it in there unless it's on topic.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-18-2014, 05:09 AM   #34
Cant Stop Modding Fat Cars w/ Cheap Pasts!

Thanked 9,234 Times in 3,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
No flame suit needed. We all know about the suffering of children around the world. However, this story hits home for some of us.

It's like the hockey mom who got beaten to death. We identify with her. She is like one of us. It could happen to any of us, closer to home, etc.
that's the thing though it should really hit home for all of us when a child goes hungry or gets diarrhea and dies! plus we could all do something to stop it without it being a burden
we should all be able to at least acknowledge and give attention to the children getting bombed everyday instead it's ignored and we pay homage to and give respect to the veterans/govt. that inflict that tragedy

ah well /venting complete
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-18-2014, 06:23 AM   #35
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 17,636 Times in 5,343 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
This little girl dying over in the UK while tragic is getting far more attention than it should when compared to how many children are suffering/dying around the world

just some perspective here but canada/us/etc are/have been bombing almost entire generations of children to death and those that survive are suffering psychological problems and many others are permanently physically injured and we're supporting it

Also 1 child dies every 5 seconds around the world simply from hunger and preventable disease

just some perspective, flame suit on?
Do you devote your life to saving these kids all over the world?

If not, you should have nothing to say when people show emotion when a little girl dies tragically.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-18-2014, 08:24 AM   #36
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square

Thanked 1,734 Times in 553 Posts
This is just terribly sad. Having two young boys under 5, I cannot and will not imagine ever having to bury them while I'm alive. Her parents must be crushed. I'm sending prayers.
Zedbra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 09:34 AM   #37
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,109 Times in 299 Posts
Wow this is terrible... RIP to the girl
Posted via RS Mobile
124Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:42 AM   #38
My homepage has been set to RS

it rips me apart to come on revscene and read a a story like this, being a father of a 13month old daughter... this is just.... I can not believe a rope is there in the first place... WTF, if it have been already KNOWN to be dangerous then WHY THE FUCK WAS IT NOT DEALT WITH at the first moment it was found dangerous....

The amount of negligence in this tragic is unbelievable. I cant imagine something like this happening to me... it will just destroy me completely...

Rest In Peace!

AE101 Corolla 96' Winter Beater//Sold
RPS13 240SX 90' //STOLEN
RMS13 240SX 91' Project Car//Scrapped
RHS13 240SX 90' DD//Scrapped
S35 Rogue 12' Baby Carrier//Gifted to Parents
GD 6-Speed GLS Elantra 13'//Sold
CZ4A 5-Speed GSR Evolution 08' New Baby Carrier
dark0821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 03:50 PM   #39
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 1,664 Times in 847 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
I made the decision to lose hundreds of thousands of dollars in lost wages, but my three kids are alive and safe today, because my wife was there for them 24/7. Money you can replace. A loved one, no.
I am sure all parents would rather spend time with their kids if they could. But reality is that lot's of parents are barely making ends meet with both parents working full time.

I for one know that 98% I won't have a kid. Not that I don't want one but knowing the cost of raising a child + other living expense in the city. If I want a kid I would either my wife or me to stay home and take care of them.

And one thing I don't get is that since there is a known issue why the hell is the slide still open? Why not take it down or make sure no kids are playing on it?
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 06:51 PM   #40
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,759 Times in 282 Posts
When I read the story and looked at the picture, I immediately thought, what IDIOTS. Why would they have a rope like that there.

But, what I think happened was the rope generally isn't tied up like that (it looks like the rope is actually anchored at the back of the slide), I'm suspecting the rope is generally tied to the structure so kids can pull on it, pull them selves up etc. I can see that if the rope isn't tied up, it can be a tripping hazard as the rope is pretty log and can get tangled. I have no doubt that kids have tripped over the rope, which may explain the "known risk". So, because kids have been tripping over the rope, as a safety precaution they tied the rope up like that to prevent the tripping hazard.

Unfortunately, I think they didn't really realize the consequences of the rope being tied up like that because they were addressing the issue of the tripping hazard.

Anyway, that's just a possibility I thought of.
PeanutButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:54 PM   #41
Glorious Gaming PC Master Race

rope ladder/bridge under construction?
Old 01-20-2014, 12:22 AM   #42
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,318 Times in 872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButter View Post
When I read the story and looked at the picture, I immediately thought, what IDIOTS. Why would they have a rope like that there.

But, what I think happened was the rope generally isn't tied up like that (it looks like the rope is actually anchored at the back of the slide), I'm suspecting the rope is generally tied to the structure so kids can pull on it, pull them selves up etc. I can see that if the rope isn't tied up, it can be a tripping hazard as the rope is pretty log and can get tangled. I have no doubt that kids have tripped over the rope, which may explain the "known risk". So, because kids have been tripping over the rope, as a safety precaution they tied the rope up like that to prevent the tripping hazard.

Unfortunately, I think they didn't really realize the consequences of the rope being tied up like that because they were addressing the issue of the tripping hazard.

Anyway, that's just a possibility I thought of.
The play structure in the picture looks very modern, unlike the wooden ones (with chains!) we played on as kids. Ever since becoming a parent, I've been to a lot of playgrounds, both old and new, and ropes are always anchored securely at both ends. I don't remember seeing one that's tied - to prevent the possibility of untying it I bet!

Modern playgrounds are freakin' expensive. I would assume that a big part of that cost is due to the R&D to come up with the safest equipment possible.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:38 AM   #43
WOAH...shut the music off...

Thanked 4,706 Times in 1,888 Posts
last summer i took my boys to different playgrounds in our area. there are some really modern ones that look expensive and seem very creative. i've noticed a few with a sign in the front stating whom it was donated by.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
Quote:
[04-06, 11:34]radiomanI'm doing happy hour with bj#3 today
[07-04, 10:27]radiomani need just the tip
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote