REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Maintenance, Engine & Driveline Tech

Maintenance, Engine & Driveline Tech This forum is brought to you by The Speed Syndicate (TSS) in Burnaby.
Discussion of maintaining your engine, transmission, differentails, rear ends, and mods associated with "driveline" parts..

Old 01-20-2014, 11:54 AM   #1
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Just at the point to fail air care...only a little

1995 civic 1.5L

NGK spark plug.

No driving test,

But on idle test, everything passed except hydrocarbons

They allowed 116 and I got 126....
Is there anything to help?

I heard Methyl Hydrate or guarantee to pass will do the trick, which one should I try? Thanks
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
gc8c4dd is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-20-2014, 12:09 PM   #2
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy

Thanked 6,021 Times in 1,129 Posts
certain things cause you to fail certain parts of the test.. google what causes high hydrocarbons and address that aspect.. i dont remember exactly but i think retarding your timing helps with hydrocarbons?

dont quote me on that, use it as an example
snails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:55 PM   #3
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

What kind of gas are you using? In my case (barely failed HC aswell) i was using 94 instead of using 87. In addition, i've also changed my air filter, got an oil change, and used guaranteed to pass and BOOM PASS DAT WITH FLYING COLORS srs.
SuavePapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:01 AM   #4

Thanks guys for the reply..I'm still using 87...but I did not warmed my car well...then a few hours later, I went to lordco and buy a gurentee to pass, pull the whole bottle in a half tank....2nd gear 3-4k rpm at 60km/h.....keep running 2k rpm while waiting, hydrocarbons dropped down from 126 to 56 and passed, and sold my car 2 hours later!!

Another thing to ask, I'm buying a 96 subaru wrx type-ra sti ver II V-limited...they said first registering the car doesn't need to pass air care, but currently my insurance is in-transfer now, and 1 year ten is expiring in march, do I need to do air care when I renew my insurance?
Thanks
Posted via RS Mobile
gc8c4dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 05:14 AM   #5

The one year starts from when you initially register your Subaru if you are the first owner.
ywgscooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:25 PM   #6
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

get it hot...and by hot I mean hotter than hell hot! I guarantee you'll pass!

I had that issue with my 88 325is. I failed the first time.
The same afternoon after finding out I didn't heat it up enough, I took the car up the mt seymour and back down again. After that hard drive the cat was fully heated up and did it's job beautifully. Passed by a WIDE margin!
StanleyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:19 PM   #7
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,584 Times in 4,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyR View Post
get it hot...and by hot I mean hotter than hell hot! I guarantee you'll pass!

I had that issue with my 88 325is. I failed the first time.
The same afternoon after finding out I didn't heat it up enough, I took the car up the mt seymour and back down again. After that hard drive the cat was fully heated up and did it's job beautifully. Passed by a WIDE margin!
While a cat works best at full operating temp., it doesn't mean it's going to be that hot when he takes the test - especially if there's a line-up.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 04:23 PM   #8
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
I replaced the emissions equipment in my buddy's Jeep, and it failed it's first aircare test by a pretty large margin. He drove it around on a three month insurance permit, and we tried again with new 91 oct in the tank, got it nice and hot and it passed with flying colors.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote