REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Rob Ford, a man of the people (https://www.revscene.net/forums/692165-rob-ford-man-people.html)

multicartual 01-21-2014 07:13 PM

Rob Ford, a man of the people

Anderson Cooper is a dork

threezero 01-21-2014 07:32 PM

Democracy is awesome

Manic! 01-21-2014 07:34 PM

and who want this guy for P.M. ?

multicartual 01-21-2014 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manic! (Post 8403765)
and who want this guy for P.M. ?

I would!

MG1 01-21-2014 08:11 PM

I wouldn't want this fool to run the country. On the world stage, this idiot is going to represent us? No thanks.........

Head of state............ no, this guy will never make it past the first stage. Running a city, OK, maybe, but. Nuff said.

multicartual 01-21-2014 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG1 (Post 8403784)
I wouldn't want this fool to run the country. On the world stage, this idiot is going to represent us? No thanks.........

Head of state............ no, this guy will never make it past the first stage. Running a city, OK, maybe, but. Nuff said.

I trust Rob Ford more than Harper.

PeanutButter 01-21-2014 08:32 PM

Rob Ford recently debated pretty hard not to increase property tax in Toronto, he obviously lost because he has no support or power.

He also vowed to save the city, "$50 million easy" in the coming budget in lieu of the property tax hike of 2.25%.

Say what you want about this guy, but I would re-elect Rob Forb. He's good for your pocket book. This is why I believe he'll be re-elected come October.

pastarocket 01-21-2014 08:49 PM

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1465099/th...MEME-large.jpg

threezero 01-21-2014 09:32 PM

i think i may have miss something.

why does he know Jamaican?

Manic! 01-21-2014 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by multicartual (Post 8403772)
I would!

And one of the first things he would do is get rid of publicly funded health care.

Quote:

rst order of business is to kill Canada’s healthcare system
I guess your also a big fan of the republican party?

Quote:

"I’d be a Republican if I was down in the states.
Yahoo News Canada - Latest News & Headlines

Also in the second video of him at the restaurant it appears he was meeting Sandro Lisi his former driver who is up on drug chargers.

He also told his brother at 10 P.M. the same night as the video he was not drinking.

And this is the guy you want as P.M.?

MG1 01-22-2014 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by multicartual (Post 8403789)
I trust Rob Ford more than Harper.

You trust a constant liar over a person who is respected as a world leader by other nations? <------- I thought I would never say that about Harper, but he has done a fairly good job. Some people may not agree with some of his policies and what he stands for, but he has done a good job. It's also not just about running the country.

Can you imagine; The Queen of England and Rob Ford? President Obama and Rob Ford? Shimon Peres and Rob Ford? Vladimir Putin and Rob Ford? Kim Hung Not and Rob Ford?.............. I rest my case.

MG1 01-22-2014 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threezero (Post 8403828)
i think i may have miss something.

why does he know Jamaican?

'cause his favourite movie is, "Cool Runnings," mun. Plus, he likes his Jamaican Ginger Beer, LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Geoc 01-22-2014 08:12 AM

Ford' smart, he knows his current situation.

At this point the initial reaction of his scandal has already blown over and became old news and he has already been reprimanded. Any further antics will just be blown off as "ol' Ford's at it again.'

His current supporters will support him regardless of his antics (they support his policies not his stunts) and those who hate him will never support him ever again anyways.

There is little political consequence to his actions now.

tool001 01-22-2014 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG1 (Post 8403987)
You trust a constant liar over a person who is respected as a world leader by other nations? <-------

whoever gave u that idea?? canada has gone downhill in terms of world respect since he took office.

rob ford, dumb as he may be with booze etc.,, is a good policy maker and good for the city. if i was back in TO, i would vote for him..

MG1 01-22-2014 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tool001 (Post 8404004)
canada has gone downhill in terms of world respect since he took office.

whoever gave u that idea??

MG1 01-22-2014 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tool001 (Post 8404004)
rob ford, dumb as he may be with booze etc.,, is a good policy maker and good for the city. if i was back in TO, i would vote for him..

That, I can agree with.

But you also have to remember he is just one part. It takes a whole whack of other people to run a city.

tool001 01-22-2014 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG1 (Post 8404022)
whoever gave u that idea??

they are multiple of articles about this..

http://www.straight.com/news/536331/...da-world-stage

Canada is 'back' on the world stage? Hardly - The Globe and Mail

Canada?s real international shame ? and it?s not Ford: Burman | Toronto Star

Has Canada lost its place on world stage? | Toronto Star

with issues like censoring scientist, backing out of environmental reforms . plus many more that i can't remember..

Manic! 01-22-2014 11:30 AM

What about this: Best Countries To Do Business: Canada Now Tops U.S.

ae101 01-22-2014 12:00 PM

best country to do business should be china since they have a blooming economy

seriously my dad says this all the time but canada doesnt have a good leader period, most of them are full of shit & they only good leader that he thinks was good in canada was pearson (which is from a very long time ago)

i believe that most of the recent leaders of canada are all full of shit & cant to jack nor look good/bring the image up for canada, then why not just get a leader that can do one of those things

& if i had to choose between good policy leader or a image booster of a leader for canada, then i rather have policy leader hands down

MG1 01-22-2014 12:26 PM

For every negaqtive article, there are positive ones, too. Negative articles on countries? Every country has tonnes.

In any case, you guys have to remember, people have to work with this guy. It's not like Russia, where one person basically does whatever they want and most people just follow. Even in that case, person has to watch what they say and do - public opinion.

Anyway, I am not a Harper fan or a Ford fan. I don't like politicians in general. I still would pick a sober, somewhat reliable person over a chronic liar, a cheat, and probably a thief, too. Not that all politicians do any of those three.

Lester Pearson........ now there's a name from the past. World was different back then, that's for sure.

And China......... great reputation there. Best country to do business..........

Best leader in modern times......... Hitler? Got lots done for his country. Wasn't popular with the rest of the world, but got shit done.

PeanutButter 01-22-2014 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG1 (Post 8403987)
You trust a constant liar over a person who is respected as a world leader by other nations? <------- I thought I would never say that about Harper, but he has done a fairly good job. Some people may not agree with some of his policies and what he stands for, but he has done a good job. It's also not just about running the country.

Can you imagine; The Queen of England and Rob Ford? President Obama and Rob Ford? Shimon Peres and Rob Ford? Vladimir Putin and Rob Ford? Kim Hung Not and Rob Ford?.............. I rest my case.

You make a great point here. It would be pretty embarrassing if he was our PM. Keeping him at the local level is probably the best thing right now.

- kT 01-22-2014 12:50 PM

i actually sort of like this guy. look at all the things he's done for toronto since his term began. now account for the fact that he did all of that while (at least at some points) smoking crack. i think one's personal life shouldn't be a topic of question. willing to bet at least 85% of members on here will get off work on friday, go home and light up a joint, a couple glasses of beer, etc, should that be cause to lose your job? he isn't being a very good role model, but he's only human - humans have vices. he's done his job as mayor well, people know this - he wouldn't currently be mayor if they didn't
Posted via RS Mobile

Manic! 01-22-2014 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by - kT (Post 8404120)
i actually sort of like this guy. look at all the things he's done for toronto since his term began. now account for the fact that he did all of that while (at least at some points) smoking crack. i think one's personal life shouldn't be a topic of question. willing to bet at least 85% of members on here will get off work on friday, go home and light up a joint, a couple glasses of beer, etc, should that be cause to lose your job? he isn't being a very good role model, but he's only human - humans have vices. he's done his job as mayor well, people know this - he wouldn't currently be mayor if they didn't
Posted via RS Mobile

Having a couple of beers at home is way different then smoking crack at a drug dealers house.

tool001 01-22-2014 03:27 PM

well, talking about him becoming PM is kinda stupid.. and far fetched x 100. lets talk about what he was appointed for and what he achieved.

Drow 01-22-2014 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by - kT (Post 8404120)
Posted via RS Mobile

and eating beans