REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 02-17-2014, 11:29 AM   #26
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

My friend got in the habit of putting her N in her trunk every time she left the car and putting it back on when she came back. However, she did put her purse in her trunk so everytime she parked, she'd go to the trunk to get her purse and put the N in the trunk and vice versa when she came back. Make it a routine and you won't forget.
Advertisement
wing_woo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-17-2014, 11:53 AM   #27
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Like many other have said, accept the suspension and take bus. You knew the rules (not to use cellphone, display N sign). N sign you were given 2 chances. There are so many ways to prevent N getting stolen.

1. Go ICBC, ask them for 2 or 3 N signs, put the spare inside the trunk. In case if the one on the trunk is stolen, you have a backup.

2. Put the N sign inside your rear windshield, by using 2 plastic hooks that looks like http://image.dhgate.com/albu_2204518...-hook-wall.jpg

3. Pull to the side, parked, enter your GPS location, then drive out.

For all we know, I doubt stolen N signs, GPS were your actual reasons. More like trying to be cool, because N sign is silly. Texting a Friend there you'll be there soon... etc...
Gamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 02:08 PM   #28
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Years ago, I had my N for about 5 yrs... I stuck it in a pouch on the back window and super glued the top shut. It was water proof and wasn't stolen during all my years at school and work etc. I was driving a loud and modified Eagle Talon, yet somehow I never had a ticket of any kind during that time. I even delivered for a restaurant so I was driving all the time.

Moral of my boring tale... its EASY to manage having an N on the back of your car to comply with your licence. If you cant even handle this, how can you be expected to be responsible enough to drive a loaded weapon??

I think new driver's should have the viewpoint that you are entering an adult orientated club (driver's licence holders). The Class 7 period is your probation / hazing period where you do what you have to do, to prove you are worthy to gain full status in the club.

Unfortunately once you are "in" it's very hard to be kicked out!
ninjatune is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-17-2014, 05:49 PM   #29
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowpower View Post
Has anyone at all received any amount of success in requesting a review? And if so, what did you have to say? If ANYONE at all, can please just help me out with this and tell me some advice I would love you dearly. My license is something I really can not afford to lose.
If helping your father out with his business was of importance to you, then you should have proceeded with preventative measures to a "stolen" N. That being said, I hope you take that advice for when your N restarts when you get your license reinstated eventually.

As for the appeal, I had a friend get suspended for a speeding ticket and a fail to wear a seatbelt ticket. These are different offences, not REPEAT offenses, which for him, as an N, helped him with his appeal. He basically sent ICBC evidence of the community involvement he had, family he must transport, and commuting for school and work he needed his license for.

$100, countless hours of preparation and signed letters, and 30 days of waiting into the appeal later, he got a one month reduction on his suspension.

He felt stupid for wasting his time in the end, as 30 days into the appeal he learns that the hours and money he spent collaborating his argument didn't pay off the way he wanted it to.

Basically, your appeal decision from your prep work to the results takes about 30 days. So either way youre fucked and have to take the bus for some time anyway.

Deal with it, and stop making an excuse for an N sign, most people on this forum have been through the GLP, youre not bullshitting anybody.

Last edited by jpw12; 02-17-2014 at 08:01 PM.
jpw12 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-17-2014, 09:20 PM   #30
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
"I got caught and now i need help getting around the system, i want to drive- errr... My dad needs me to drive"

You got caught, deal with the consequences.

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: