REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 08-07-2015, 04:14 PM   #1326
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limitless View Post
Hey guys, looking into getting a better vape to help me kick my habit of smoking during work (and eventually all together... but we'll see how that goes lol). Had a dinky whatever evod one that one of my work friends gave us but it's a bit too small for me and doesn't hit enough. My friend just got a subox and I'm looking into getting one too, but they're about $100 or so over here for the starter kit. Anyone have any experiences with this or know of any alternatives that I could look at? Pretty much just want to get one that will give me more of a throat hit and blow more smoke out, don't mind spending the $100 but it'd be cool if there were alternatives that cost maybe $50 or so. I know close to nothing about vapes so any suggestions would be great
JUST got a Subox haha. Compared to the iTaste that would burn my throat and gunk coils in five days, it thorat hits well at 35.5W but can go hotter. Worth the 135 taxes in I paid after adding spare coils.

CorneringArtist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 06:35 PM   #1327
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

^ the kangertech subox that we were just talking about :P
guurl is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-07-2015, 10:21 PM   #1328
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

How are the staff at The Vapor?
Their online ejuice menu has a lotta stuff I wanna try.
hi-revs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 11:30 PM   #1329
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
i thought they were quite friendly.
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 11:51 PM   #1330

I have the subox mini and i'm only vaping at 18-22 watt with 6MG juice. The hit is already enough for me after a couple puffs
Old 08-08-2015, 10:14 AM   #1331
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3klipze View Post
I have the subox mini and i'm only vaping at 18-22 watt with 6MG juice. The hit is already enough for me after a couple puffs
same here. the guy at the vapory told me that i should be vaping at 26watts with a 6mg juice but im a bit more comfortable at 20watts right now. all in all so far im loving this thing, just really need to learn more about it. like how to clean and assemble coils etc. also need to buy/binge on more juices lol.
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 11:26 AM   #1332
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limitless View Post
Hey guys, looking into getting a better vape to help me kick my habit of smoking during work (and eventually all together... but we'll see how that goes lol). Had a dinky whatever evod one that one of my work friends gave us but it's a bit too small for me and doesn't hit enough. My friend just got a subox and I'm looking into getting one too, but they're about $100 or so over here for the starter kit. Anyone have any experiences with this or know of any alternatives that I could look at? Pretty much just want to get one that will give me more of a throat hit and blow more smoke out, don't mind spending the $100 but it'd be cool if there were alternatives that cost maybe $50 or so. I know close to nothing about vapes so any suggestions would be great
I'd say just shell out for a $100-$150 one. There are a lot of starter kits at around the $100 mark. I suggest the new evic-vt, or the kanger sub kit. The isticks seem to be popular, but they've had a lot of reports of quality issues.

If you go for a cheap one, you're going to "grow out" of it in a few weeks.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 08:58 PM   #1333

I'm starting to wick my own coils with the provided coils and cotton. I don't think i'll build my own coil. There are pre-built coils on fasttech with cotton and they're like 20 pieces for 5$. Definitely saving a bit of money if you spend a bit of time wicking them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pidish View Post
same here. the guy at the vapory told me that i should be vaping at 26watts with a 6mg juice but im a bit more comfortable at 20watts right now. all in all so far im loving this thing, just really need to learn more about it. like how to clean and assemble coils etc. also need to buy/binge on more juices lol.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-09-2015, 01:20 AM   #1334
Mod.

Thanked 1,769 Times in 684 Posts
for buying cheap coils from fasttech, YMMV. I've read about how they're all shit and the only ones that are good are the authentic ones
97 Civic CX (POS)

!Nhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 01:33 PM   #1335
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,275 Times in 434 Posts
There's an American site called vistavapors.com and they have the kanger kit for 59.99USD and you can get a coupon for 10% off.

Not sure how much shipping would be though
ForbiddenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 09:03 PM   #1336

Yup, I only buy those authentic ones. I ordered a few new vertical OCC 0.5ohm. hopefully they're all not duds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Nhan View Post
for buying cheap coils from fasttech, YMMV. I've read about how they're all shit and the only ones that are good are the authentic ones
Old 08-10-2015, 12:35 PM   #1337
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSoundofMucus View Post
Rdna40 seems overkill/pricey if you just want to rock your nautilus mini as you won't be using most of the 40 watts or the temp control.

There are lots of newer/cheaper mini boxes out there.
  • Innokin Coolfire 4(never used one but they're nice)
  • Kangertech Subox(if you can get just the mod as these are usually sold as tank/mod sets)
  • Eleaf IStick 20/30/40 watt versions(decentish mods, not the greatest track record for build quality though)

These are just 3 that I can remember. All cheaper than the rdna40(unless you can get one for cheap) and should work with the nautilus mini.

I like the looks and size of the coolfire. Innokin also makes some good quality mods.

If you're looking for a mod to subohm with in the future stay away from the Eleaf ISticks as they tend to have problems doing the whole subohm thing.
thanks for the recommendation. the main reason why i wanted the vaporshark is because i'm very picky about built quality. brought a few replica mech mods and some chinese brand mods and hated the built quality. it feel plasticy and the button don't feel good. i find myself going back provari because it just feel so solid.

i don't like to rebuilt, i like to just drop in new coil and fire away. Sub ohm is something i would like to try in the future so i want it to be future proof. I love my nautlius right now but am looking to switch up. That and i already have a collection of batteries i would like to use.

does any of your recommendation have good built quality? the only one i really seen in person is the eleaf, didn't really like the built quality of it.

i'm down to spent $100 if it will last me for another year or two and i won't be complaining about it every time i vape it.
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 02:18 PM   #1338
I subscribe to Revscene

Damn, you perfectionist. I thought the iStick 50W had a good outward built quality. It felt heavy and solid with little to no rattling.
Old 08-10-2015, 03:49 PM   #1339
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
eleaf/iSticks could have been a waaaay better brand. They were one of the first to make a medium-high wattage output unit with built-in batteries in funky ipod-like colors. But due to their lack of quality control, I don't think they're going to be relevant for much longer unless they tighten up in that department.

Kanger and Joytech seem to be the the two brands staying ahead of the game. The sub box and evic feel waaay better than the isticks.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 03:52 PM   #1340

I probably would have bought the kanger sub box/ tank combo if it came out earlier.

But i have to say that i have the eleaf 30w and have no complaints with it. Been using it for 3-5months now with no issues whatsoever.
I do like that its a slimmer profile than the kanger sub box tho.
hi-revs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 06:46 PM   #1341
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

Innokin and Sigelei seem to have the best build quality out of the stuff coming out from china. Kanger's pretty decent too.

The Kanger Subox is made out of metal(zinc??) with plastic buttons. The buttons feel kinda cheap/toy like. Uses a single 18650 battery

Haven't held any of the new Innokin stuff. They do have a solid rep for quality and the MVP's are built like tanks. The MVP 3.0, Coolfire 4, and the new Innocell are all built in batteries though.

The Sigelei 75w. The original Sigelei 150w boxes have a solid rep with barely any chip problems. Hopefully the 75w are the same quality. The 75w version does have temp control and takes a single 18650 battery. WakeandVape should ship to canada just don't buy any juice.

Then there is the Dicodes 2380T. German engineering for your first born.

I saw some of these at Thunderbird vapes, they'll let you hold them(on broadway across from that burger place). Saw the MVP 3.0, Coolfire 4, Subox and maybe a VaporFlask(pricey dna40, dual 18650) there.

Best deal is the Sigelei 75w. Gives you the option of using the temp coils that some companies are now putting out and is more future proof. Check out some reviews on it. There should be some on the youtubes.

Online prices are lower though.

Last edited by TheSoundofMucus; 08-10-2015 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Jesus
TheSoundofMucus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 07:40 PM   #1342
Mod.

Thanked 1,769 Times in 684 Posts
i can't imagine the sigelei 75w lasting very long with a single battery.
97 Civic CX (POS)

!Nhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 09:23 PM   #1343
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,646 Times in 2,302 Posts
my istick 50w randomly died awhile ago so im rocking the subbox mini now lol

one thing I noticed though is the coils tend to burn at the recommended wattage written on the coils... I usually vape at 15W but anything higher you can taste the burning
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 09:36 PM   #1344

Vansterdam, which coil, PG/VG are you using?
Old 08-11-2015, 12:00 AM   #1345
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

The Sigelei 75w should last a while since he's pairing it with a nautilus mini. VS Rdna 40 and subox kit are single battery as well. At most he'll be pushing 15W on the nautilus.

The Sig75w is just a bit more futureproof than the others. Temp control being the new thing these days. He can also drop some 3000mah LG HE2's in there.

Now if you're wanting to chuck some sick ass clouds then 75w might not do it for ya and you'll kill that single battery right quick.
TheSoundofMucus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 02:08 AM   #1346
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,646 Times in 2,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3klipze View Post
Vansterdam, which coil, PG/VG are you using?
I tried both the 0.5 and the 1.2 ohm one I believe. out of the 5 coils, one was DOA and I started to taste burning on 2 of em if i blast it on say 20W

60pg/40vg blue typhoon

I dont even use my siglei 150w anymore lol
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 10:27 AM   #1347

errrr….. ok i have to eat my words lol.

gf claim my provari for herself now and i walk into a vape shop and impulse buy… ended up with the istick 40wTC lol. Yes the built quality isn't that great but its so small and light!!! I was sold the moment i had it in my hands lol, probably overpaid too compare to online.

So i ended up with a new nautilus mini (doesn't leak like the full size so far) and istick 40w TC. I'm vaping the nautilus at 17-18w. is that bad? i'm still not satisfy with the warmth of the vapour but i know any higher i'm just smoking burnt coil.

now that i have a much more powerful device i'm looking play with subohm and cloud chasing. recommend me a nice tank for sub ohming and cloud chasing? maybe something with nickel coil since i have TC now?

Also I ran out of thug juice from mt.bakers. Anybody local that sell it? Or something similar to it?
Old 08-11-2015, 11:06 AM   #1348
I subscribe to Revscene

Get the Aspire Atlantis. There are nickel coils for the Atlantis so you can start using temperature control.

By the way, I'm selling the iStick TC40W for $40, hope you didn't pay too much.
Old 08-11-2015, 11:08 AM   #1349
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,161 Times in 301 Posts
^I think subtank now has coils with nickel wire. Everybody loves that tank. I absolutely hate it because that thing leaked everywhere and clouds weren't big enough for me and anything over 25w would burn. But it might be okay for you if you are only on 40w
Galactic_Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 11:13 AM   #1350

Quote:
Originally Posted by rageguy View Post
Get the Aspire Atlantis. There are nickel coils for the Atlantis so you can start using temperature control.

By the way, I'm selling the iStick TC40W for $40, hope you didn't pay too much.
def should of got it off of you lol…. oh well it was so impulsive and i completely got sold by the good customer service.

the aspire atlantis looks good, 40$ cad seems a bit much though. Gonna order online this time so i don't overpay again lol. Does it have any leaking problems? both of my nautlius mini and regular size spit juice in my mouth. does the atlantis does it too/?