REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 03-10-2015, 02:00 PM   #326
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Do we know who the producer was? Maybe it was his girlfriend/mistress who works on the show.

I am pretty sure he is gone. They have been wanting to get rid of him for awhile.
Advertisement
Old 03-10-2015, 02:06 PM   #327
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
HAHAHAHAHA. Fire Clarkson.

Never has a hollower threat been made.

Probably why he still doesn't give a fuck, and why would he, half the reason the show is so popular is the antics of the three presenters. Without them, and their humour it wouldn't be a the biggest motoring show in the world, or a billion dollar franchise, it would just be another group of blokes making videos to upload to youtube once a week.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 04:24 PM   #328

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
HAHAHAHAHA. Fire Clarkson.

Never has a hollower threat been made.
And who thought Edmonton would trade Gretzky to L.A.
Old 03-10-2015, 04:33 PM   #329
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
And who thought Edmonton would trade Gretzky to L.A.
Gretzky wasn't making the Oilers $300+ million dollars...
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 04:41 PM   #330

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
Gretzky wasn't making the Oilers $300+ million dollars...
BBC is owned by the government. Politicians don't care about profit. They just want to get re elected.
Old 03-10-2015, 05:49 PM   #331

Thanked 8,922 Times in 3,876 Posts
Politicians don't have direct control over things like the BBC, despite it being owned by the government.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 07:54 PM   #332
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
if you believe it, the dailymail says clarkson slapped/punched a producer, whose been on the show for 10 years, over not having food ready after a shoot

BBC producer hit in Top Gear Jeremy Clarkson 'fracas' identified | Daily Mail Online

Quote:
Jeremy Clarkson allegedly threw a punch at a Top Gear producer after he discovered no food had been laid on during a day out filming, it has emerged.
The 54-year-old's BBC career is hanging in the balance after he was suspended by bosses for allegedly taking a swing at the show's assistant producer Oisin Tymon.
Clarkson, who was pictured outside his west London home yesterday, is said to have lashed out after discovering there was no catering at a filming location in Newcastle.
The BBC confirmed yesterday evening that the Top Gear host had been suspended pending an investigation following a 'fracas' with a male producer.
The Corporation also confirmed that Top Gear would not be aired on Sunday and doubt now hangs over whether the further two remaining episodes of this year's season will go ahead.

Father-of-three Clarkson allegedly threw a punch at 36-year-old Mr Tymon – who has worked on Top Gear for the last 10 years and helped produce more than 75 episodes – during filming last week.
The incident came to light after being reported to BBC bosses on Monday.
A source told the Daily Mirror: 'It was all over a catering issue. They came to the end of filming after a long day and Jeremy discovered that no food had been laid on.
'He just saw red and hit the assistant producer, who he blamed for not having organised the food. He snapped.'

Another insider told The Sun: 'Jeremy had a massive bust up with one of the male show producers and he ended up smacking him in the face. Everyone was absolutely stunned.'
Clarkson appeared to shrug off the incident, telling the newspaper: 'I'm having a nice cold pint and waiting for this to blow over'.
It came as the controversial television presenter was spotted sitting outside a pub in the Notting Hill area of west London yesterday afternoon.
A BBC source said Clarkson was called in to meet bosses and his suspension was agreed by director-general Tony Hall.
There was speculation last night that the matter had been handed to police and Top Gear footage may be needed as evidence.
The source said: ‘Jeremy came in and looked miserable. He looked even more miserable when he left. He’s clearly been having a meeting with Danny Cohen [BBC director of television].
‘It is a big deal to take Top Gear off the air. Danny was overruled when he wanted to do it before, so the fracas must have been bad if Tony has agreed to it this time. Danny Cohen wants him gone. It definitely feels like Clarkson’s losing it.

‘The BBC is in this awful position where they all hate him, but they can’t afford not to have Top Gear because of the money it brings in. This could be the excuse they’re looking for.’
A BBC executive said Clarkson’s £1million Top Gear contract could now be untenable, adding: ‘I can’t see him coming back from this.’
Clarkson's suspension comes less than a year after he was put on a 'final warning' by BBC bosses following a racism row in which he appeared to use the n-word while reciting the nursery rhyme Eeny, Meeny, Miny, Moe during the show's filming.
He openly admitted that he had been given the warning and said he was told by BBC bosses that ‘one more offensive remark, anywhere, at any time’ would lead to his sacking.
A BBC spokesman said yesterday: 'Following a fracas with a BBC producer, Jeremy Clarkson has been suspended pending an investigation.
'No one else has been suspended. Top Gear will not be broadcast this Sunday. The BBC will be making no further comment at this time.'
Clarkson remained silent on his suspension as he returned to his west London home, laden with carrier bags, yesterday afternoon.
Wearing a blue quilted jacket and his trademark blue ill-fitting jeans, he scowled and said nothing when asked if he had any comments to make on the 'fracas'.
Asked a second time, he turned around and asked: 'Who do you work for?' before wearily shrugging and going into his apartment without making any further comment.
Despite his silence, the television presenter took to Twitter last night and appeared to make light of the incident.
His comments came in an online conversation with Top Gear co-stars James May and Richard Hammond.
May started the conversation, writing: 'No Top Gear this weekend, apparently. How about 633 Squadron instead?'
Minutes later, Hammond posted: 'No, surely, Last of the Summer Wine; no one will notice the difference. Job done.'
And Clarkson - breaking his silence - responded: 'No no no. Where Eagles Dare. Much better.'
He later added: 'I did some pretty good war documentaries. They could screen one of those.'
Hours later, he concluded: 'Sorry Ed. It seems I knocked your "I'm a human" piece down the news agenda.'
The Twitter posts came amid speculation that the final two episodes of this year's Top Gear season have been replaced, with the penultimate episode - which was due to air on March 22 - apparently being substituted with a documentary about the Caribbean featuring Simon Reeve.

quoting dailymail looks horrible... there's more to it just click the link + pics + piers morgan tweets

this is the producer

Last edited by StylinRed; 03-10-2015 at 07:59 PM.
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 08:48 PM   #333
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 5,613 Times in 1,255 Posts
piers morgan can fuck off...such an annoying prick
donjalapeno is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-10-2015, 09:09 PM   #334

Thanked 8,922 Times in 3,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
if you believe it, the dailymail says clarkson slapped/punched a producer, whose been on the show for 10 years, over not having food ready after a shoot
The DM is basically a tabloid rag is it not?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 09:26 PM   #335

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
The DM is basically a tabloid rag is it not?
yep, all the brit tabloids seem to be running with the same rumour too but yeah 'if you believe it'
Old 03-10-2015, 09:28 PM   #336

So top gear expected to be cancelled for the rest of this series ~bbc

BBC News - Jeremy Clarkson 'punch': Top Gear episodes to be dropped

Quote:
Jeremy Clarkson 'punch': Top Gear episodes to be dropped

The BBC is expected to scrap the remainder of the current Top Gear TV series after allegations that presenter Jeremy Clarkson punched a producer.

The broadcaster said Clarkson, 54, had been suspended after what it called a "fracas" and has confirmed Sunday's episode of Top Gear will not be shown.

It is understood the two final episodes in the series will also be dropped.

Clarkson has not issued a statement, but has been joking on Twitter about films that could replace Sunday's show.

The Sun newspaper, in which Clarkson writes a regular column, quotes him as saying: "I'm having a nice cold pint and waiting for this to blow over." It also quotes a "source close to the star" denying Clarkson punched anyone.

And a petition calling for the BBC to "reinstate Jeremy Clarkson" started by political blogger Guido Fawkes has been signed by more than 120,000 people since it was launched on Tuesday afternoon.

The BBC had announced Clarkson's suspension in a statement which said: "Following a fracas with a BBC producer, Jeremy Clarkson has been suspended pending an investigation.

"No one else has been suspended. Top Gear will not be broadcast this Sunday. The BBC will be making no further comment at this time."

'Sorry Ed'
BBC News special correspondent Lucy Manning said sources had confirmed reports the presenter was suspended for "allegedly hitting a producer".

"The incident is believed to have happened last week, but was reported to the BBC on Monday and dealt with on Tuesday," she said.

"The next two episodes of Top Gear will not be broadcast and it's understood that a third programme, the final of the series, is unlikely to be transmitted."

Clarkson has exchanged suggestions on Twitter with Top Gear co-hosts Richard Hammond and James May about films that could be aired in place of the Sunday's planned episode.

On Tuesday evening - in an apparent reference to an interview Ed Miliband's wife Justine had given to the BBC - Clarkson tweeted: "Sorry Ed. It seems I knocked your 'I'm a human' piece down the news agenda."

Clarkson, who has presented the motoring programme since 2002, was given what he called his "final warning" last May after claims he used a racist word during filming.

Footage leaked to the Daily Mirror appeared to show Clarkson using a racist term while reciting the nursery rhyme Eeny, Meeny, Miny, Moe.

He later apologised for the incident, which was never broadcast.

The show's executive producer, Andy Wilman, described last year as an "annus horribilis" for the programme.

It followed an incident in Argentina where the presenters and crew were forced to flee the country after trouble erupted over a number plate reading H982 FLK - which some suggested referred to the Falklands conflict of 1982.

Last year the show was also censured by Ofcom for breaching broadcasting rules after Clarkson used a derogatory word for Asian people during its Burma special programme.
Old 03-10-2015, 10:14 PM   #337
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 1,128 Times in 339 Posts
Jeremy should get off his high horse, and respect people a bit. He's good and all that, but the world doesn't revolve around him. Show him that Top Gear is bigger than just one massive personality.

Fire Jeremy, hire Chris Harris. Problem solved. Actually no, I like Chris Harris doing his own YouTube channel.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-10-2015, 11:11 PM   #338

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Politicians don't have direct control over things like the BBC, despite it being owned by the government.
But unlike other channels there funding comes from the government and unlike other channels profit is not a priority.
Old 03-11-2015, 01:29 AM   #339
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
Jeremy Clarkson is to Top Gear what Charlie Sheen was to Two and a Half Men.

He's a cash cow who carries Top Gear, and by extension, the BBC. He knows this, and is letting all of it get to his head. Clarkson's actions went from mildly amusing to slightly annoying this and last year, and while I still love the show I think he needs to take a step back and put his filter back on, as well as stop acting like such a diva if the Daily Mail article is indeed true.

That being said, I hope the BBC doesn't fire him and replace him. Look at 2.5 Men now... after Ashton Kutcher stepped in the show is completely un-funny and is total garbage to watch.

And lol @ that douchebag Piers Morgan's tweets:

Quote:
Let me get this straight: punching me is fine - but AIMING a punch at a producer warrants suspension?
Yes, yes it does. Hell I'd probably punch him too given the chance...
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-11-2015, 07:55 AM   #340
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Online petition to reinstate Clarkson lol. 429k supporters so far

https://www.change.org/p/bbc-reinstate-jeremy-clarkson
capt_slo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-11-2015, 09:46 AM   #341

BBC News - Jeremy Clarkson jokes about suspension as petition tops 400,000

So James May confirms thatJC punched that producer over dinner, says he wasn't there, but doesn't think it was that serious
Old 03-11-2015, 10:46 AM   #342
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Take any one of the three current presenters away, and you lose the magic that makes this show so entertaining. Lets face it, if you want a serious car show, go and watch Fifth Gear.

I guess we'll have to switch over to watching Top Gear USA for now...yeah (sarcastic)...
Indyjones is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-11-2015, 11:23 AM   #343
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
add another news report...

BBC faces multimillion-pound bill from Jeremy Clarkson suspension | Media | The Guardian
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 11:39 AM   #344
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Old 03-11-2015, 12:00 PM   #345

what if they replaced Clarkson with Leno? i know it won't be the same as their humour is quite different but do you see the show surviving? both old & large white guys, comedians, car fans
Old 03-11-2015, 01:08 PM   #346
Rs has made me the man i am today!

I think the show is doomed without Clarkson but if they had to pick anyone Leno is a pretty good idea.
mos_skeeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 01:20 PM   #347
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
or just replace him with The Stig and see what happens... since he has no dialogue there shouldn't be any scandal right?
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 01:42 PM   #348
private modder

Thanked 2,652 Times in 741 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
But unlike other channels there funding comes from the government and unlike other channels profit is not a priority.
Just because an organization is publicly funded, doesn't mean they don't care about profit. In fact, they would care even more about profit.

Losing Top Gear would be terrible news for the BBC and the British television viewer, who are required to pay a yearly fee for the BBC to exist.
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-11-2015, 02:54 PM   #349

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eff-1 View Post
Just because an organization is publicly funded, doesn't mean they don't care about profit. In fact, they would care even more about profit.

Losing Top Gear would be terrible news for the BBC and the British television viewer, who are required to pay a yearly fee for the BBC to exist.
BBC - Mission and values - Inside the BBC

Quote:
Our mission, vision, and values inform the work of the BBC and are how we promote our public purposes.

The public purposes are set out by the Royal Charter and Agreement, the constitutional basis for the BBC.
Our mission

To enrich people's lives with programmes and services that inform, educate and entertain.
Our vision

To be the most creative organisation in the world.
Our values

Trust is the foundation of the BBC: we are independent, impartial and honest.
Audiences are at the heart of everything we do.
We take pride in delivering quality and value for money.
Creativity is the lifeblood of our organisation.
We respect each other and celebrate our diversity so that everyone can give their best.
We are one BBC: great things happen when we work together.

The Royal Charter and Agreement also sets out six public purposes for the BBC. See Public purposes.

BBC - Public purposes - Inside the BBC

Six public purposes and how they will be delivered

Sustaining citizenship and civil society

The BBC provides high-quality news, current affairs and factual programming to engage its viewers, listeners and users in important current and political issues.

Promoting education and learning
Promoting education and learning

The support of formal education in schools and colleges and informal knowledge and skills building.

Stimulating creativity and cultural excellence
Stimulating creativity and cultural excellence

Encouraging interest, engagement and participation in cultural, creative and sporting activities across the UK.

Representing the UK, its nations, regions and communities
Representing the UK, its nations, regions and communities

BBC viewers, listeners and users can rely on the BBC to reflect the many communities that exist in the UK.

Bringing the UK to the world and the world to the UK
Bringing the UK to the world and the world to the UK

The BBC will build a global understanding of international issues and broaden UK audiences' experience of different cultures.

Delivering to the public the benefit of emerging communications technologies and services
Delivering to the public the benefit of emerging communications technologies and services

Assisting UK residents to get the best out of emerging media technologies now and in the future.

Search the site

Can't find what you need? Search here
It does not say anything about profit.

I am pretty sure the producer is a part of a union and I don't the union would let one of it's members getting punched slide. I would not be surprised if the police get involved.

The guy is an idiot not only is he not working right now the all the staff and crew are not working.

Also a number of people at the BBC have been wanting to get rid of him and this is there chance.
Old 03-11-2015, 03:53 PM   #350
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,562 Times in 204 Posts
IfUCare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: