REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 03-11-2015, 03:55 PM   #351
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
BBC - Mission and values - Inside the BBC

It does not say anything about profit.

I am pretty sure the producer is a part of a union and I don't the union would let one of it's members getting punched slide. I would not be surprised if the police get involved.

The guy is an idiot not only is he not working right now the all the staff and crew are not working.

Also a number of people at the BBC have been wanting to get rid of him and this is there chance.
before you go around calling someone an idiot please proof check your grammar
Advertisement
fsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 04:22 PM   #352
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyjones View Post
Take any one of the three current presenters away, and you lose the magic that makes this show so entertaining. Lets face it, if you want a serious car show, go and watch Fifth Gear.

I guess we'll have to switch over to watching Top Gear USA for now...yeah (sarcastic)...

your pic made me realize that rowan atkinson can also replace jeremy clarkson.
a00755836 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 04:26 PM   #353
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,250 Times in 2,362 Posts
I guess the shootout between the 918, LaFerrari and P1 will never happen
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 04:28 PM   #354
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,855 Times in 1,785 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyjones View Post
Take any one of the three current presenters away, and you lose the magic that makes this show so entertaining. Lets face it, if you want a serious car show, go and watch Fifth Gear.
This.

It's like James May's "Cars of the people" special. No Clarkson or Hammond, Boring.

Or the "Ultimate Road Trips" specials. No May, less boring, but nothing like when the three of them are together.

If they were to get rid of Clarkson, they might as well change the name of the show because it will NEVER be the same.

I'm actually surprised that the BBC would or even could just cancel the shows for something like this. It just pisses off the fans. I hope they get the shit sued out of them from all those foreign broadcasters and learn to never do this again.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-11-2015, 05:49 PM   #355
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,965 Times in 3,895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by a00755836 View Post
your pic made me realize that rowan atkinson can also replace jeremy clarkson.
He's a huge car buff to boot, I'd kind of like to see him as a guest presenter if he's up to it.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 06:07 PM   #356

Jeremy Clarkson suspended: Top Gear presenter 'may quit BBC even if he is cleared over fracas with producer'

Quote:
Jeremy Clarkson could quit the BBC even if he is cleared of wrongdoing over his "fracas" with a producer, sources close to the presenter have said.
Clarkson's relationship with key BBC executives, including head of television Danny Cohen, was already at breaking point before he was suspended over the latest controversy, and Clarkson may simply decide to walk away rather than try to patch things up yet again.

Clarkson, 54, is reported to have hit producer Oisin Tymon, 36, after being told no dinner had been laid on for the presenters after they finished filming for the BBC2 show one evening last week.
Sources at the North Yorkshire hotel said Clarkson had to be "held back" when he was told there was no hot food.

An eyewitness said: "Clarkson erupted when told there was only a cold platter. The general manager offered them everything. We were all thinking meat platter and soup - surely that's food.
"We were so surprised at his reaction. He was shouting and swearing using every single word you can think of. There was F words and C words. The producer was being very quiet and looked very embarrassed."
The witness revealed they did not see any punches being thrown but said Clarkson appeared to be being held back.
Clarkson arrived by helicopter to film the programme and also left by helicopter.

He joked that he was "off to the Job Centre" as he left his home in London on Wednesday.
His BBC contract runs out at the end of this month, and neither he nor his co-presenters James May and Richard Hammond had yet signed new three-year deals that were expected to be sealed within days.

Speculation is rife that Clarkson, who has long been courted by Sky, could finally decide to end his troubled relationship with the BBC by starting a new show on another channel.

he Radio Times quotes sources close to Clarkson as saying that his relationship with key BBC executives is so bad that he may quit.
“The last three episodes of this series have been pulled,” the source said. “Can I see him going back to film another BBC series? I don’t think so. But he’ll be fine. The other broadcasters will bite his arm off.”

Clarkson is said to have told friends that he did not punch Tymon but that there was "handbags and pushing" over the fact that no hot food was available after a day's filming.
As he left his home today, he said: "I've been suspended haven't I? I'm just off to the job centre...at least I'm going to be able to get to the Chelsea match tonight."
Asked if his suspension was over a row about food he said "no, no, no" but said "yes" when asked if he had any regrets about what had happened. He would not say whether he was going to resign or expected to be sacked.

James May confirmed that Clarkson was involved in "a bit of dust up" with the producer.

Sources have told The Daily Telegraph that the internal investigation into Clarkson's conduct will be a straightforward finding of fact by the BBC's human resources department. If he is found to have punched his colleague, he will be subjected to the Corporation's fixed disciplinary procedures, which could include the sack.

Prime Minister David Cameron said Mr Clarkson, who lives in his Witney constituency, was a "huge talent" and hoped the incident could be "sorted out".
Mr Cameron told BBC Midlands Today: "All I would say, because he is a talent and he does amuse and entertain so many people, including my children who'll be heartbroken if Top Gear is taken off air, I hope this can be sorted out because it is a great programme and he is a great talent.

He added: "The Prime Minister has many responsibilities, sadly securing the future of Top Gear isn't one of them."

Previous controversies, including racist language, have been a "debating point" in which executives had considerable discretion over what action to take. They will have no such say in what happens to Clarkson if the HR investigation finds against him.

The BBC owns the Top Gear format, meaning it could decide to carry on without Clarkson, while Clarkson would have to come up with a new type of motoring show if he jumped ship to Sky or ITV.
Cohen, who said last year that no-one was bigger than the BBC, is said to have favoured sacking Clarkson last year after he was filmed saying the n-word in a Top Gear outtake, but he was overruled by Lord Hall, the BBC director-general.

Within minutes of news of his suspension breaking, fans of Clarkson had started an online petition to have him reinstated. More than 200,000 people have so far signed the petition.

more here; Jeremy Clarkson suspended: Top Gear presenter 'may quit BBC even if he is cleared over fracas with producer' - Telegraph
And...

Last edited by Harvey Specter; 03-11-2015 at 06:14 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-11-2015, 10:10 PM   #357

Thanked 7,411 Times in 3,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
This.

I'm actually surprised that the BBC would or even could just cancel the shows for something like this. It just pisses off the fans. I hope they get the shit sued out of them from all those foreign broadcasters and learn to never do this again.
foreign broadcasters sue for what? people leave shows all the time. I bet if your boss punched you in the face you would be calling WCB and wanting his ass fired.

The guy is done just have to see if is girlfriend leaves with him.
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-11-2015, 11:15 PM   #358
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,385 Times in 3,911 Posts
im surprised people are still supporting JC even after knowing what happened "allegedly" (although confirmed by people like May and to a lesser extent JC
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 12:02 AM   #359
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
its just how TG runs period, im sure all of u have watched usa & aussie version, nothing seems to feel the same

i watched the aussie version & i duno if its the fact that im not aussie (aka i didnt get there jokes) or it the fact they just suck at making TG, but the i didnt even chuck one bit period

TG isnt even a real car show, unlike germanys DW drive it! that does strictly reviews

the reason why i like clarkson is the fact that he dares to speak & not be a pansy about things

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 12:18 AM   #360
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,623 Times in 5,179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
im surprised people are still supporting JC even after knowing what happened "allegedly" (although confirmed by people like May and to a lesser extent JC
I'm not all that surprised... I mean... it's just something guys do! Growing up and stuff working on whatever with friends or playing on teams... you have dustups with your closest friends sometimes... you sort it... and you come back the next day and nobody says a word about it and you're all besties again.

Not like girls who hole grudges until the end of time. People today are getting so soft.
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2015, 07:10 AM   #361

Quote:
foreign broadcasters sue for what? people leave shows all the time. I bet if your boss punched you in the face you would be calling WCB and wanting his ass fired.

For failing to deliver the final episodes that they already paid for the rights to air.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Quote:
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Old 03-12-2015, 07:11 AM   #362
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,855 Times in 1,785 Posts
Quote:

You obviously didn't read this link that thumper posted on the last page, inform yourself:
Jeremy Clarkson suspension leaves BBC facing multimillion-pound bill | Media | The Guardian

"The programme’s suspension could have big ramifications for the BBC’s commercial arm, BBC Worldwide, which broadcasts the series to 214 territories with a record global audience of 350 million viewers.

The BBC could be liable for penalty payments, likely to run into millions of pounds, for failing to deliver the final episodes of the series on time, as well as facing having to renegotiate the original deal price for a full series."

If my boss punched me in the face and got fired, the company wouldn't go "Well, we're going to suspend all operations until futher notice" No, my company would still run without him.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2015, 07:47 AM   #363
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Canning the last episodes of the series is a monumentally stupid and myopic reaction on the BBC's part.

Placing the network in a position to lose revenue, expose themselves to action from partners / contracts and damage their own image just to spite one individual is a terrible business decision.

And of course people support Clarkson, he's entertaining. For all we know, that producer is an annoying little prick who Jeremy finally snapped on. It's all speculation if you don't work there and witness their relationships on & off set.
capt_slo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2015, 08:15 AM   #364

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2015, 08:31 AM   #365
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_slo View Post
Canning the last episodes of the series is a monumentally stupid and myopic reaction on the BBC's part.

Placing the network in a position to lose revenue, expose themselves to action from partners / contracts and damage their own image just to spite one individual is a terrible business decision.
Could you imagine this type of reaction in a regular company?

Years ago a plant manager at one of the sites we were working on, stormed into the president's office, just to tell him he quits. Then he whipped his dick out and told the president to blow him before storming off.

Being a contractor on that site we had a good laugh about it, and assumed we would never see him again. 3 days later he was back at work, and life went on as if nothing had happened. A couple months later apparently he smacked a worker over the head with a wrench so hard that his hard hat cracked in half. Again life went on. Was this individual an asshole? Yeah of course, but everyone knew he was a damn good plant manager and superintendant, which is why he was still there.

Now imagine if the president of that company decided to shut down his half a billion dollar facility just because of this person. Because that's pretty much the reaction BBC has given to Clarkson.

If anything the correct response would have been to suspend him, and ensure that the final two episodes air, that way clarkson knows that the BBC isn't relying on him for the show. Cancelling the final two episodes after an incident like this does nothing to change Clarkson unless they fire him. Which I maintain that is HIGHLY unlikely.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2015, 08:34 AM   #366
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,836 Times in 1,838 Posts
Is there a possibility all 3 of them don't renew their contracts and move to another station to start a new show? lol
Old 03-12-2015, 08:50 AM   #367
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,260 Times in 321 Posts
If Seinfeld has taught us anything, is that soup is definitely NOT a meal.
asahai69 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2015, 10:36 AM   #368

Thanked 7,411 Times in 3,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
You obviously didn't read this link that thumper posted on the last page, inform yourself:
Jeremy Clarkson suspension leaves BBC facing multimillion-pound bill | Media | The Guardian

"The programme’s suspension could have big ramifications for the BBC’s commercial arm, BBC Worldwide, which broadcasts the series to 214 territories with a record global audience of 350 million viewers.

The BBC could be liable for penalty payments, likely to run into millions of pounds, for failing to deliver the final episodes of the series on time, as well as facing having to renegotiate the original deal price for a full series."

If my boss punched me in the face and got fired, the company wouldn't go "Well, we're going to suspend all operations until futher notice" No, my company would still run without him.
That's for failing to deliver episodes and not for firing Clarkson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_slo View Post

And of course people support Clarkson, he's entertaining. For all we know, that producer is an annoying little prick who Jeremy finally snapped on. It's all speculation if you don't work there and witness their relationships on & off set.
Cause we all know Clarkson is the level headed one and never acts like a prick.
Old 03-12-2015, 01:06 PM   #369

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
I'm not all that surprised... I mean... it's just something guys do! Growing up and stuff working on whatever with friends or playing on teams... you have dustups with your closest friends sometimes... you sort it... and you come back the next day and nobody says a word about it and you're all besties again.

Not like girls who hole grudges until the end of time. People today are getting so soft.
to equate beating your employees for not having dinner ready for you, with besties getting into an argument/brawl is quite a stretch... your example would make sense if james/richard/jc getting into a brawl on one of their trips over a stupid prank, not this

what happened is more like a guy beating his wife for not having dinner ready when he got home from work and the husband going "whoops i didn't mean it"

Last edited by StylinRed; 03-12-2015 at 02:07 PM.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-12-2015, 01:53 PM   #370

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOS'd View Post
Is there a possibility all 3 of them don't renew their contracts and move to another station to start a new show? lol
Well Hammond and May have said before they won't do TG without JC so that could happen. And the BBC might be forced to sell the TG franchise if all 3 leave seeing how the show would probably flop without the main 3.
Old 03-12-2015, 03:57 PM   #371
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,623 Times in 5,179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
to equate beating your employees for not having dinner ready for you, with besties getting into an argument/brawl is quite a stretch... your example would make sense if james/richard/jc getting into a brawl on one of their trips over a stupid prank, not this

what happened is more like a guy beating his wife for not having dinner ready when he got home from work and the husband going "whoops i didn't mean it"

I know what you're getting at, but a producer and talent that have worked together for 10+ years all over the world in every type of situation setting up every shot we see in the show would share that type of relarionship at this point and the situation described is valid.
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2015, 05:09 PM   #372
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by asahai69 View Post
If Seinfeld has taught us anything, is that soup is definitely NOT a meal.
It depends. Did he crumble any crackers in the soup?
Liquid_o2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 05:16 PM   #373
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,260 Times in 321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_o2 View Post
It depends. Did he crumble any crackers in the soup?
Im sure of one thing only, he wasn't dining at Mendy's
asahai69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 05:24 PM   #374

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
I know what you're getting at, but a producer and talent that have worked together for 10+ years all over the world in every type of situation setting up every shot we see in the show would share that type of relarionship at this point and the situation described is valid.
I guess I can see how its looked at that way, but for me this is more like an abusive husband, since JC is the boss and especially since it must have been pretty bad for this producer to file a formal complaint

But I'm slightly biased since I've already begun to detest JC over the bigotry
Old 03-12-2015, 07:35 PM   #375
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 2,496 Times in 555 Posts

Hang in there, Jezza.
8th May 2021 - 30th Sept 2023

'99 SAAB 9-3 (3DR) (5MT) (sold)
'02 SAAB 9-5 Aero (5MT)
27th Sept 2015 - 17th Sept 2017

'03 Corolla (4AT)
2009-2020