REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 03-19-2014, 06:11 PM   #51
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapioca View Post
Getting back to the topic at hand, we have a late model first-gen Mazda 3 as a daily. It doesn't get the best gas mileage, but it's been reliable, and entertaining to drive. The steering is still hydraulic and has plenty of feel for a Japanese/economy car. The car's suspension is tuned so that you feel connected to the road. Lots of them around, so the OP should consider a first-gen in his search.
Posted via RS Mobile
I played with the idea of a first gen Mazda 3, did some research and saw a few problems that several owners brought up which put me off the car. I still love the look of the first gen Mazda 3 though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
I would highly encourage you to test drive each and ever car.

Bring a small list along with a clipboard with things you are looking for. For example:
- Do I like the interior? Yes / No
- How does it feel? 1 being DO NOT WANT or 5 DO WANT
- Do I like its ergonomics? Yes / No
- How does it drive? Awful / Okay / Not Bad / VTEC Kicked In!
- Do I like the style? Yes / No
- Does the manufacturer have any sales incentives i.e. 0% financing etc.

You get the idea. Also have questions prepared for the sales folks and don't forget, MPG is highly subjective to driving style and distances so don't use the numbers on paper as a final determination. Unless you're going from say a 5.0L V8 to a 140hp inline-4, it isn't THAT big of a deal between the cars you're looking for.

I test drove maybe 8 different cars before I bought my Corolla over 1.5 months. Take your time and just enjoy the shopping experience!
Yep, I've been building a checklist for a few months now. Still working on the research, hoping to pick something out by the end of the month.
Advertisement

Last edited by Kamui712; 03-19-2014 at 06:27 PM.
Kamui712 is offline   Reply With Quote