REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 03-28-2014, 09:43 AM   #26
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
Keep parking there.

This guy sounds like the biggest self-entitled douchebag.

The only way he could get you towed legally is through CoV bylaw. And IIRC bylaw won't tow right away, they'll come by and leave a notice on your car. 2nd or 3rd time they do the notice, they'll tow it. No notice = no worry.
Advertisement
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:25 AM   #27
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
On a similar note, what happens with stratas that have assigned parking spots? Can anyone from the strata get your car towed from a spot that isn't theirs if your cars registered address doesn't line up?
happened to my friend. my friend called the building manager. BM said they can't do shit, and told him to call a tow truck if they're in your spot.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:58 AM   #28
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

I feel your pain, my neighbour used to be like that....putting a bucket out and shit. Then they moved cuz i kept taking "their" spot
nsx042003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:33 AM   #29
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,910 Times in 3,872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NNT View Post
The strata cant without the approval of the parking spot owner. but the owner of that spot have the right to do so. my building's strata advise that if your parking spot is taken, just take a pic to proof that a car parked at your spot and call tow truck company tow it directly.
If for some reason Strata want to tow a car away from an owned spot for reason like no valid license, not resident (some people rent out their spot which most place is not allowed to rent to non resident of the building). they just cant. but they can fines the spot owner for by-law violation.
Gotcha, I used to park in a spare spot my friend had because it was near my college, but then I got a notice from some other clown telling me they would get me towed. I wasn't sure if they could tow from a spot that wasn't theirs or not.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:10 PM   #30
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

I lived in Edmondump for about 3.5 years and my building had assigned parking with power outlets that ran off the units meter I got home from work one day and someone parked in my spot normally I wouldn't care but it was going to go down to about -40 and I needed to plug my block heater in so I waited till about midnight to give him a chance to move. Finally at midnight I had his ass towed, the tow truck driver told me to make sure it was a private spot and that it was properly marked as such after I pointed out the signage right in front of the car it was all good. That's my experience in this.
Mike5.0 cammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:23 PM   #31
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,979 Times in 262 Posts
If dingleberry coulda towed ya he woulda done so already.

If it is his parking spot ask him to show you the title to the property in question in his name.

Otherwise he needs to fuck off and die.
finbar is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-30-2014, 01:28 PM   #32
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,762 Times in 904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wing_woo View Post
I base my comments on how it is near the PNE area. When they say no parking except residents of 'this block', it actually states the street as opposed to just saying 'this block'. It will say for example, 'No parking except residents of 2400 block Dundas Street' or something like that. Then on the perpendicular street, it'll say no parking except people on 'that' street or in some cases, have no restrictions listed as there are no house addresses on that block (ie. between the street you live on and the alley, there will be no addresses there and therefore no residential restrictions other than the standard city bylaws).

That's why I'm saying that unless his address is on that cross street, he can't say he is a resident of that block because that is not the 'street' he lives on based on his actual address. Hoping I still make sense here. But in a nutshell, he can't claim that is his spot.
I guess I'll chime in as the City Worker. I hear ya, but you're referring to a RPO sign vs no signage. The language is different and in this case Parking Enforcement will not take this guys complaint. For those also wondering, people can't just call Busters to get people towed for stuff like this, Parking Enforcement has to ticket first then order a tow by contacting busters, again all done by the officer.

So OP, you're good.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"

Last edited by winson604; 03-30-2014 at 03:56 PM.
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-04-2014, 06:32 PM   #33
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Same situation as OP; good to know the bylaw now. I hate douche neighbors. There always seem to be at least one.
maxxxboost is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-04-2014, 09:11 PM   #34
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Why don't you just contact the CoV and speak to a bylaw officer and get the facts instead of relying on opinions that may or may not be correct?

- 78 Formula Sunbird - 350cu.in./4 speed - awaiting restoration
92turbogtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:07 PM   #35
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,853 Times in 889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92turbogtz View Post
Why don't you just contact the CoV and speak to a bylaw officer and get the facts instead of relying on opinions that may or may not be correct?
Well, that kind of defeats the purpose of having an online forum, doesn't it?

Time to shut down RS, guys... Sorry!
bobbinka is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-07-2014, 06:28 AM   #36
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
god damn, people in vancouver are such losers (not you guys, the neighbour... well, some of you guys, but that's just down to chance).

he's just upset because he thinks he's hot shit, but has to park on a street. he probably thinks he deserves his own spot - if he wants his own spot he can either put the cash up and move to a house in the neighbourhood with one (likely more costly) or move to the 'burbs.

i repeat, i hate people
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-07-2014, 03:48 PM   #37
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
OP should buy a $300 beater, but a BMW badge on it, and leave it permanently in that spot.. (too bad insurance would make this a slightly expensive prank)
Old 04-07-2014, 07:50 PM   #38
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakshow View Post
OP should buy a $300 beater, but a BMW badge on it, and leave it permanently in that spot.. (too bad insurance would make this a slightly expensive prank)
can you park it on the street with storage insurance?

so, for all those old jerks on renfrew street across the PNE waving 20$ parking signs, i can just pull up and sit there for less than 3 hours and drive off just to piss them off?
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:16 PM   #39
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
can you park it on the street with storage insurance?

so, for all those old jerks on renfrew street across the PNE waving 20$ parking signs, i can just pull up and sit there for less than 3 hours and drive off just to piss them off?
Not sure about the ICBC side of things, but I *believe* certain cities have bylaws that require you to have valid insurance (i.e, plates and stickers) to park on public roads.

And I don't think you can do that, as those signs clearly say "no parking except residents of X block". The residents can just call the city, who can look up where the car is registered to, and tow you (and believe me, they will). My situation is different in that my car IS registered to my block and my neighbor is just being a nincompoop.
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:34 AM   #40
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
You can't park on the road with storage insurance.
Old 05-01-2014, 11:50 PM   #41
Marcosexual Fan Club, CEO

Offer to cut down the tree in front of his house. /thread