REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 03-31-2014, 11:35 AM   #1
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
Recommend me a Ford dealership. (Service dept.)

Afternoon all, does anyone have a good recommendation for a Ford dealership's service department?

Dealt with a massive pile of bullshit with my usual dealer today, so i think i'll be taking my business elsewhere... Basically when i bought the Mustang i worked in a fairly good sized credit for parts/service into the deal, i went to use it today and i was told too bad, it's month end, we're too busy to deal with getting you your credit come back on Monday. No, i'm not exaggerating. Still VERY pissed off... I ended up having to pay a $605 bill myself, just to be able to drive away in my car, instead of using the credit i bought with the fucking car. Fantastic eh?

Anyways, if anyone knows of a local Ford dealership with a good service department, preferably from personal experience please let me know. furthermore, i won't call out the dealership by name as i've had great past experiences with them.
Advertisement

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:45 AM   #2
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Coastal Ford Burnaby
VR6GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:53 AM   #3
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Cam Clark!

lol, jj
StanleyR is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-31-2014, 12:01 PM   #4
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
I've had success with Brown Bros service department. Although I am an independent dealer so they may view me different than a retail client.
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-31-2014, 12:19 PM   #5
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
brown bros still... talk to matt hynes and only him. 604-301-1978 on the performance division side (not main location).
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-31-2014, 12:20 PM   #6
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Brown bros for me as well, but at their performance side. But I hear Wayne quit from there so not sure if I'll go back to them anymore. Brown bros was good while Wayne was there, he was very knowledgable and easy to get a hold of. Anyone know who has taken over dyno tuning at brown bros? Do they even have a replacement ?
Posted via RS Mobile
twixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-31-2014, 12:40 PM   #7
GS8

Thanked 7,252 Times in 1,965 Posts
I've only dealt with Metro Ford in Poco. Took my old Lincoln there for 10 years. Only talked to certain advisers (Tim & one who looked similar to him but name slips my mind).

Whenever I complained, those 2 treated me right.

But if others suggest Brown Bros, then might want to go there.
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-31-2014, 12:58 PM   #8
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Stay away from Key West for service, their sales department is great however.
Posted via RS Mobile
604STIG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-31-2014, 04:33 PM   #9
Witness protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by 604STIG View Post
Stay away from Key West for service, their sales department is great however.
Posted via RS Mobile
really? i've asked about keywest before but i only know what i read of reviews posted online and they say the opposite... service dept is good but the sales dept is a clown show
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
Old 03-31-2014, 04:35 PM   #10
Witness protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by twixxer View Post
Brown bros for me as well, but at their performance side. But I hear Wayne quit from there so not sure if I'll go back to them anymore. Brown bros was good while Wayne was there, he was very knowledgable and easy to get a hold of. Anyone know who has taken over dyno tuning at brown bros? Do they even have a replacement ?
Posted via RS Mobile
i just go there for service and not for performance tuning so wayne's departure may or may not make a difference for me... but any reason why he left? all i know is that he moved to port mcneill.
Old 03-31-2014, 04:44 PM   #11
Survivor MOD

Thanked 1,623 Times in 577 Posts
what kinda service did you have to do to your brand new mustang that cost $605?
T4RAWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 08:33 PM   #12
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,112 Times in 264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4RAWR View Post
It's a ford...nuff said.

My Ford had over $16k in warranty work done before the warranty expired.
Coastal ford couldn't have been happier to see me never come back,

That being said, Coastal ford blows.
Volvo-brickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:18 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4RAWR View Post
$100 was an oil change, 500 was rear tires.

OAN, summer setup is complete!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvo-brickster View Post
It's a ford...nuff said.

My Ford had over $16k in warranty work done before the warranty expired.
Coastal ford couldn't have been happier to see me never come back,

That being said, Coastal ford blows.

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
Old 04-01-2014, 09:36 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
really? i've asked about keywest before but i only know what i read of reviews posted online and they say the opposite... service dept is good but the sales dept is a clown show
Been dicked around and time wasted by the service department a couple of times, but got a sick, sick deal on my current F150.
Posted via RS Mobile
604STIG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-01-2014, 12:09 PM   #15
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
yeah costal ford fucking blows. i bought my truck from there and i thought they would treat me right but that wasnt the case at all. fuck them..

i take my truck to ocean park ford now. i have nothing bad to say about them. been treated so nicely there, they've made me a long time customer for sure. my truck actually just got a repair done on it, had to have the whole back window replaced. i ended up having that dreaded 3rd brake light water leak and water was everywhere inside the truck. a channel that runs along the left side of the truck in which the wiring harness sits was filled with water. the carpet around the rear seats was also soaked through and through. they had the truck for a good 3 days just drying it out and told me i needed a whole new back window because the defroster wasn't working..

dared3vil0 i know your dad has one of these trucks so make sure he watches out.. if it doesnt happen soon, it will. i bought my truck new in 2011 and i just noticed the issue last month. i'm so glad i was able to catch it, my 60k warranty is up this june.
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-01-2014, 05:19 PM   #16
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,289 Times in 409 Posts
So you paid 2-3 times more for something you could have done yourself at home (and no, dont claim they wont warrenty it, because they cant do that), and you spent way too much on tires because you are too lazy to log onto discount tire direct and have them shipped to your door, and now you are blaming them?
Iceman-19 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-01-2014, 07:11 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman-19 View Post
So you paid 2-3 times more for something you could have done yourself at home (and no, dont claim they wont warrenty it, because they cant do that), and you spent way too much on tires because you are too lazy to log onto discount tire direct and have them shipped to your door, and now you are blaming them?
You're so far in left field here bud, i could of done it at home, but i work 6 days+ a week, so if i can drop something off in the morning, go to work, and pick it up you're damn right i will. As for the tires, discount tire direct charges $414.00 for two 255/45/18 BFG sport comp 2's including shipping to my door, i paid $490 including tax for two. No fucking way i'd waste a week waiting for tires to show up to save $38/tire when i only need two and have a credit i need to use.

As for blaming them, as i said (reading comprehension issues...?) i never complained about the price of the actual goods. I am complaining as when i bought the car i worked in a $600 credit for parts and service. I wanted to use that credit to pay for for $600 worth parts and service, and i was told i could not do so for three days, so therefore i had to pay for everything myself and then wait two weeks for a cheque, or they'd hold my car hostage until monday. Learn to read.

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
This post thanked by:
Old 04-02-2014, 08:20 AM   #18
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,289 Times in 409 Posts
Sounds like more of a you issue, then a me issue.
Iceman-19 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-02-2014, 09:28 AM   #19

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
^that's kind of a dick thing to say. You come in here and shit all over the guy and call him lazy after he clearly got the run around from a dealership and is asking for some assistance. They wouldn't honor a credit that was promised to him and he found out after the work was done. He most likely chose to use the dealership for the work because of the credit.
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-02-2014, 11:18 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by white rocket View Post
^that's kind of a dick thing to say. You come in here and shit all over the guy and call him lazy after he clearly got the run around from a dealership and is asking for some assistance. They wouldn't honor a credit that was promised to him and he found out after the work was done. He most likely chose to use the dealership for the work because of the credit.
Thanks, and you're exactly right. Normally speaking i do order tires from discount tire, however when i found out the price is so close, and i have a big credit, it only made sense to order them here. Had they of told me when i made the deal for the credit, or whatever, that "Hey look, it's really difficult for us to process these at month end, if you'd be able to give us a few days notice if it's late in the month, or wait until the first few days of next month we'd really appreciate it" I'd have no problem with it whatsoever. Anyway, i'm fairly sure Iceman-19 is trolling however, or just an asshole.

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
Old 04-03-2014, 04:24 AM   #21
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
just look at google review or something...people post their horrible/amazing experiences are different dealerships all the time
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:56 AM   #22
retired

Brown Bros Ford. For general service, speak to Tracy. She knows her stuff (and easy on the eyes too )
Truenosan is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-04-2014, 09:38 AM   #23
Witness protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truenosan View Post
Brown Bros Ford. For general service, speak to Tracy. She knows her stuff (and easy on the eyes too )
sadly, all mustangs are sent over to the fleet/performance building which is offsite... so no tracy
This post thanked by:
Old 04-04-2014, 10:37 AM   #24
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,561 Times in 455 Posts
Stay away from West Coast Ford out in Ridge.

The butchered my friends new F150. He brought it to them to fix a water leak, that they though was coming from the sat antenna, but after multiple visits, realized it was the sunroof itself. After some hack welding and caulking, apparently it was 'fixed'.

The issue returned, only this time, he took it to the Ford dealer in Langley (Dams?) where upon inspecting the work West Coast did to the sunroof, they actually took pictures to send to head office because the work was so bad.

They ended up replacing the sunroof assembly entirely, problem solved after ONE visit.

Ever since then he's taken the truck to Dams, and been super happy.
Lowered_Klass is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-04-2014, 09:02 PM   #25

Greg at West Coast Ford in Maple Ridge
shantz is offline   Reply With Quote