REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 04-16-2014, 08:32 AM   #76
Zionism gets my shell hard and slimy

Thanked 6,021 Times in 1,129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by multicartual View Post
I like booze and BBQ meat, I guess I deserve cancer

Fuck RS has lost it's sense of adventure. Anyone have any statistics on how many people die/get injured from longboarding? I bet the number is probably lower than the number of people injured by lightning annualy. I spent 15 mins looking for statistics across the USA and it appears that skateboarding/longboarding is tied with lightning strikes for fatalities.

To put that into perspective:

Approximate lightning/skateboarding deaths per year:

60 +/-

2012 car accident deaths: 34,080
Accidental gun deaths per year: 500 (approx)
CNN reported 120 people died in 2012 due to Peanut allergies

You cunts need to realize that for the number of total longboarding hours universally the amount of deaths is pretty fucking miniscule
did you not just watch the video ?

do you remember how the cop crossed over 6"-18" and 50-100ft away and all those stupid fucks crashed

no rider, cyclist, motorist, pedestrian or anything would have been in danger by what the cop did. but if long boarding wasnt as dangerous as you say.. then why did they all crash? and from posted above those guys are apparently pretty experienced
Advertisement
snails is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-16-2014, 09:09 AM   #77
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
I think most people are not realizing, 98% of us here all agree that the long boarders actions are dangerous and rediculous. They deserve a fine (albeit, it should be a lot more), but they do not deserve to have their lives put at risk on purpose(They do that on their own). The officers knows these boarders do not have a whole lot of control, so any action he may do could be devastating. If a person in a car is being pulled over by a cop for doing something illegal, do they pull a manoeuvre which will cause the guilty motorist to swerve and avoid them, or do they turn their lights on and let the situation come to a rest in a safe manner?

This is the point. I am going to go ahead and assume the officer knew what he was walking into when he went out for the call. By moving into the centre of the lane at an intersection, the long boarders don't know if he is going to continue to cross or stop. This is why a couple of them went left.

What would a judge say if he had caused an accident and there was death involved over a $35 fine?
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-16-2014, 10:06 AM   #78
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hud 91gt View Post
I think most people are not realizing, 98% of us here all agree that the long boarders actions are dangerous and rediculous. They deserve a fine (albeit, it should be a lot more), but they do not deserve to have their lives put at risk on purpose(They do that on their own). The officers knows these boarders do not have a whole lot of control, so any action he may do could be devastating. If a person in a car is being pulled over by a cop for doing something illegal, do they pull a manoeuvre which will cause the guilty motorist to swerve and avoid them, or do they turn their lights on and let the situation come to a rest in a safe manner?

This is the point. I am going to go ahead and assume the officer knew what he was walking into when he went out for the call. By moving into the centre of the lane at an intersection, the long boarders don't know if he is going to continue to cross or stop. This is why a couple of them went left.

What would a judge say if he had caused an accident and there was death involved over a $35 fine?
You're right, the cop should have broken out the spike strips and brought them to a stop safely...

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-16-2014, 10:10 AM   #79
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,911 Times in 3,872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hud 91gt View Post
I am going to go ahead and assume the officer knew what he was walking into when he went out for the call.
Do we even know if he was called out for this, or just happened be driving up the hill?

Regardless, he didn't "pull a maneuver", he moved slightly to his left, making less of a move than Han Solo did dodging the Imperial ships leaving Tatooine. He didn't rip the ebrake and get his SUV sideways to block the road just as they came by, the SUV took up no more space than it would have driving in either lane and these clowns still ate shit from a significant distance away. Hell, if an SUV didn't see them and turned left to go up that other road it would be blocking a lot more of the road than he was, what would they have done then? Seeing as some of them barely avoided a stopped vehicle head on I would assume they would have broadsided a vehicle that was mid-turn.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-16-2014, 10:10 AM   #80
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
Everyone keeps referencing the $35 fine.. all that says to me is that the fine should definitely be higher..
Old 04-16-2014, 10:13 AM   #81
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Vancouver IS the no fun city it seems...
Old 04-16-2014, 10:19 AM   #82
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Multicartual is a longboarder i gather?
E-SPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-16-2014, 10:45 AM   #83

Thanked 7,172 Times in 2,405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-SPEC View Post
Multicartual is a longboarder i gather?
He's a fuckin' free-spirit duuuude... except when he comes across a whiff of second hand smoke.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-16-2014, 10:48 AM   #84
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

I dont know why this turned into a discussion about Vancouverites not wanting to have fun and being uptight bitches.

That is not the case at all with this.

If there is a empty road @ 2am at night, and a drag car always rips through that area for fun around that time. The one time that a car is pulling out his driveway to bring his preggo wife to the hospital. Is it worth it? Is it worth the rip that he does consistently and always in a "safe" manner?

Speed limits are based off a lot of factors, one of which include the chance for cars to pull out of driveways, others like how often people will turn left at an intersection. These limits are also based on the braking capabilities of a road legal vehicle.

An inexperienced driver (especially in N van where all the rich kids live at with potentially powerful cars) might possibly KILL or severally injure a long boarder, when any other legal vehicle could have stopped perfectly fine. Is shocking that person for life when he/she had no control of the situation worth the fun these douchebags are having?

I say no, take it somewhere else. Create events and positive awareness in the community by talking with enforcement to see what they can compromise with. I mean looks at Revscene and all they have done with local law enforcement to provide these huge meets for us. Dont demonize yourself by being a douche, there obviously is a problem, look for a solution, dont bitch and whine at the other party cause they will do exactly the same.
z3german is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-16-2014, 11:01 AM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Do we even know if he was called out for this, or just happened be driving up the hill?

Regardless, he didn't "pull a maneuver", he moved slightly to his left, making less of a move than Han Solo did dodging the Imperial ships leaving Tatooine. He didn't rip the ebrake and get his SUV sideways to block the road just as they came by, the SUV took up no more space than it would have driving in either lane and these clowns still ate shit from a significant distance away. Hell, if an SUV didn't see them and turned left to go up that other road it would be blocking a lot more of the road than he was, what would they have done then? Seeing as some of them barely avoided a stopped vehicle head on I would assume they would have broadsided a vehicle that was mid-turn.
I've ridden my bike many times along that exact road, and every time there are long boarders there(On a nice day). I can pretty much guarantee he knew what he was approaching.

The fact is, turning on his lights and pulling to the side of the road would be enough to tell the long boarders they are in the wrong. The fact they are unstable, any slight movement, or attempt at blocking the roadway in which they are travelling could cause serious harm.

If they started to run, just like in a car incident… this would be an instance where maneuvers to physically stop the guilty are required. Simple as that.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:04 AM   #86

The cop obviously dealt with them many times before. Plus if I was that cop who dealt with them many times I would say "Yea they always run from me, I chase them like 5 minutes before they even attempt to stop, I assumed they would do the same this time, just as they always do."

This is the first time this video popped up, so I think its pretty safe to assume he did it the civil way many times where he has to waste his time turning around and chasing them til they come to a complete stop. Given how the kids reacted they probably thought something along the lines of this "Eh whatever, I had my fun already he is a pig and mommy and daddy will pay for the fine. Ill be back here tmr pig"

Id rather my tax dollars go after the real baddies than dealing with these repeat offenders over small shit.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:19 AM   #87

If I was a resident of the area, I'd sure as hell be throwing rocks on the pavement. As a motorcycle rider, this act certainly slows me down in the twisties(Assholes ). $35 fine isn't going to stop anyone, sometimes you just need to take things into your own hands. ha. God, i'm such a hypocrite
This post thanked by:
Old 04-16-2014, 11:24 AM   #88
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Yes, thats why i'm a firm believer in vigilante justice. Just saying.
E-SPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:24 PM   #89

Rocks aint a good idea, you are potentially fucking over motorcyclist.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:22 PM   #90
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,601 Times in 543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by z3german View Post
Rocks aint a good idea, you are potentially fucking over motorcyclist.
sometimes the simplest solution is best = speed bumps.
snowball is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-16-2014, 10:53 PM   #91
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Unless you live in a hilly area and deal with this on a daily basis in the summer months you don't know how irritating long boarders are. I've nearly killed longboarders on this very street where this video was shot and I wish the fines were much higher than $35.

They don't stop at stop signs and the road that this connects to is a main road full of blind crests and corners which is usually busy with cars doing 60-65 who have the shock of their lives when these guys shoot out infront of them.
rriggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 12:45 AM   #92
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
It's only $35 due to low risk.

Imagine getting hit by a motorcycle or car with same velocity.
When you're out on the road, you would rather get hit by a longboard than car or motorcycle.

This is why bicycles, skateboards, longboards, roller blades, etc. do NOT require license or insurance.
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 04:47 AM   #93
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

There are ways to longboard safely the main issue I see is that the majority of long boarders out there do not know their limit and do not stay within it. Just so people know I'm not a hater like most of you seem to be here's a video of me longboarding at 80km/h or more.

Please note this was not shot in vancouver and is not illegal. Also this is on a closed road with only one access point and that's why I cross the center line several times.
Also the guys in that video are inexperienced with going at high speeds. They don't appear to have full control when sliding the two people who shot to the left should have been able to slow down much quicker and also should have been able to swing back to the right after they realized the cop was stopped in the middle of the road. Too much pressure on the pucks and you have no weight on the wheels to turn and stop quick
Posted via RS Mobile
steveo1115 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-17-2014, 04:49 AM   #94
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Also running through a stop sign is something I have never done and never will do. As with a bicycle it's just asking to get killed.
Posted via RS Mobile
steveo1115 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-22-2014, 11:27 PM   #95
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

I once seen a youtube video of a man on a motorcycle "running away" from the police. A peace officer coming in the opposite direction drove head on into the fleeing biker. The biker was Dead on impact. If the police officer had set up a road block , I'm sure the biker would of just went around and sped away. I'm sure if this police officer had let the Long boarders pass and then turned around to give chase to the boarders. They would just run away at the bottom. he may catch one.. but he has to stop get out of his cruiser .. probably should lock his doors or his cruiser may not be there when he gets back.

What would you do? Let them break the law? try and chase them every week ? spend hours waiting around for them ? or give them a scaring wake up call ?

EDIT**** The Biker story was to give example of these tactics going horribly wrong... I have no idea what I would do.
4nik8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:36 AM   #96
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo1115 View Post
There are ways to longboard safely the main issue I see is that the majority of long boarders out there do not know their limit and do not stay within it. Just so people know I'm not a hater like most of you seem to be here's a video of me longboarding at 80km/h or more.

Please note this was not shot in vancouver and is not illegal. Also this is on a closed road with only one access point and that's why I cross the center line several times.
Also the guys in that video are inexperienced with going at high speeds. They don't appear to have full control when sliding the two people who shot to the left should have been able to slow down much quicker and also should have been able to swing back to the right after they realized the cop was stopped in the middle of the road. Too much pressure on the pucks and you have no weight on the wheels to turn and stop quick
Posted via RS Mobile
I get where you are coming from, but it pretty much has nothing to do with control or experience, and it has everything to do with just getting them the fuck off the road.

As you said you shot that video in what sounds to be a controlled environment. Much like when I go mountain biking I do so in a designated area where if I fall I will only do harm to myself.

The problem I have with longboarders is that I have this overwhelming fear that one day I am going to kill one of these morons, and that will ruin my day.

EDIT: My point is, we are not "hating" we are saying that they need to go about their sport in a better way. They need to take it off the street, as you seem to have done. I have no problem with the Premise of longboarding, its just doing it on an open road with cars and people just seems like something only an inbred would want to partake in.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-23-2014, 08:54 AM   #97
N8
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4nik8 View Post
I once seen a youtube video of a man on a motorcycle "running away" from the police. A peace officer coming in the opposite direction drove head on into the fleeing biker. The biker was Dead on impact. If the police officer had set up a road block , I'm sure the biker would of just went around and sped away. I'm sure if this police officer had let the Long boarders pass and then turned around to give chase to the boarders. They would just run away at the bottom. he may catch one.. but he has to stop get out of his cruiser .. probably should lock his doors or his cruiser may not be there when he gets back.

What would you do? Let them break the law? try and chase them every week ? spend hours waiting around for them ? or give them a scaring wake up call ?

EDIT**** The Biker story was to give example of these tactics going horribly wrong... I have no idea what I would do.
I'd just slap them with a hefty fine. Injury or death is not the solution