REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 05-07-2014, 02:30 PM   #76
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrariEnzo View Post
I'm pretty sure they would have thought of these simple and minor things... When u register ur phone, I sure they would have u show then the system settings menu to prove that its the actual phone u registered with...
Posted via RS Mobile
When you go to sign up to try to get on the smash the phone promotion it asks you to choose your current phone from a list. All the ones on it are newish/high end phones. So just getting a beater isn't going to work.
Advertisement

Last edited by Token; 05-07-2014 at 10:41 PM.
Token is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 02:43 PM   #77
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
MY Z1 might work lol. It works turns on and can make calls just that the vibrate is broken and wifi isn't working =D might be a good gamble since I don't use that phone anymore.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 11:18 PM   #78
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Token View Post
When you go to sign up to try to get on the smash the phone promotion it asks you to choose your current phone from a list. All the ones on it are newish/high end phones. So just getting a beater isn't going to work.
thats why I wrote a comment to look for one thats blacklisted and get it cheap
Old 05-08-2014, 09:17 AM   #79
FB6
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Token View Post
Just buy like a S3 off Craigslist, they go for around $200 or less.
FB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 05:04 PM   #80
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,120 Times in 991 Posts
Buying a phone to smash just so you can get a chance to PAY MORE MONEY to buy ANOTHER phone seems kind of dumb to me.

$200 to buy S3, and $399 to buy the OnePlus One. That's already $1 short of $600. $600 can pretty much buy you a flagship from any of the other major manufacturers.
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-08-2014, 05:17 PM   #81

Well.. you can now "Donate" the phone instead of smashing it
Old 05-08-2014, 06:48 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoFire View Post
Buying a phone to smash just so you can get a chance to PAY MORE MONEY to buy ANOTHER phone seems kind of dumb to me.

$200 to buy S3, and $399 to buy the OnePlus One. That's already $1 short of $600. $600 can pretty much buy you a flagship from any of the other major manufacturers.
If you get chosen for the smash program, you get the 16gb in white for $1
cctw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 07:10 AM   #83
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,438 Times in 1,436 Posts
I will wait until LG launches their G3, we don't know how long you need to wait to buy the ONE
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:30 AM   #84
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

In my opinion, OnePlus @ $399 > G3 @ $700+ no matter what the specs are.
JKam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:42 AM   #85
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
Specs are one thing, but features are another.

The OnePlus One packs good specs but lacks features like IP protection, wireless charging, fingerprint reader, etc.....

Are these premium features offered by Samsung, LG, Sony worth doubling the price? I would argue it isn't. But that's just me.

The point is, nowadays with the competition so fierce, we can't just compare specs.
Old 05-09-2014, 05:58 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKam View Post
In my opinion, OnePlus @ $399 > G3 @ $700+ no matter what the specs are.
Agreed..but if buyers need to wait 3-4 months for a phone, I don't think it works that way. I hope they will launch the white 64gb in June.

I owned some Chinese dumbphones, Meizu, Xiaomi and Lenovo in the past, none of them give good impression in terms of quality.
Old 05-09-2014, 06:59 PM   #87
Who's naughty? I___i

i'll wait for OnePlus Two ... hopefully by then it's easier to get yours hands on one. Eventually some of the first wave will show up on ebay
Szeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:20 PM   #88

I would rather get a phone packed with good hardware then gimmicky features at a reasonable price... hench, I got the past 3 nexus line
Old 05-12-2014, 10:27 AM   #89
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asian_XL View Post
Agreed..but if buyers need to wait 3-4 months for a phone, I don't think it works that way. I hope they will launch the white 64gb in June.

I owned some Chinese dumbphones, Meizu, Xiaomi and Lenovo in the past, none of them give good impression in terms of quality.
Is the Xiaomi mi3 really bad too? It looks decent spec and price is cheap.... I actually wanted to to get a Xiaomi phone when I go back to Hong Kong in Sept......

Have your try an oppo before? I just order one and can't wait for it to arrive.
Old 05-13-2014, 05:34 AM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Is the Xiaomi mi3 really bad too? It looks decent spec and price is cheap.... I actually wanted to to get a Xiaomi phone when I go back to Hong Kong in Sept......

Have your try an oppo before? I just order one and can't wait for it to arrive.
For Xiaomi, the spec sheet looks awesome, but the chance of getting faulty item is much higher than Samsung, LG, Apple. Don't expect it is designer phone, cause all xiaomi look so plain.

Not many people like MIUI, the great thing about it is that the phone has been rooted, UI is very smooth and some homebrew software is known to be great.

around 7/10 of the owner I know dislike Xiaomi, including me. Most people use it as a secondary phone.
Old 05-13-2014, 08:10 AM   #91

^^ Thanks. I have high hopes for the Oppo 7a and 1+1 since the price isn't cheap when compare to LG, Samsung Apple (still cheaper). But in terms of spec it seems decent. I am just find most phones form Samsung, Apple LG to be really plain and boring and it looks like the same design over and over again, stuff with features that is not uesful at all (looking at you Samsung).

Hopefully Oppo and 1+1 will be good.
Old 05-20-2014, 07:36 PM   #92

Thanked 1,132 Times in 237 Posts
marques brownlee put up his review.. damn makes me want to do away with my note 3

dub.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:59 PM   #93
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
i guess i read asian xl post too late, i already order the xiao mi mi3

here some fun facts from xiao mi: if u buy the hong mi directly from u will have to wait 30 days for phone to start shipping out, if u want the 7 day ship out date then u would have to wait ever tuesday & bid for it

this was the BIGGEST turn off ever for me when if comes to buying a phone, which is wait 30 days for it to ship, not all chinese companies are like that

but if it is then it be a fucking turn off for me if i get the oneplus

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 10:30 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae101 View Post
i guess i read asian xl post too late, i already order the xiao mi mi3

here some fun facts from xiao mi: if u buy the hong mi directly from u will have to wait 30 days for phone to start shipping out, if u want the 7 day ship out date then u would have to wait ever tuesday & bid for it

this was the BIGGEST turn off ever for me when if comes to buying a phone, which is wait 30 days for it to ship, not all chinese companies are like that

but if it is then it be a fucking turn off for me if i get the oneplus
Also I think the MI3 also use a regular sim card vs S4, S5, M8 Find 7a etc etc... which use a mirco sim and Iphone 5 and 5s us ea nano sim.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:49 PM   #95
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
im fine with the regular sim card

a lot of chinese phones are cheap cuz the build quality, thats one thing that worries me the most right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 08:41 AM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae101 View Post
im fine with the regular sim card

a lot of chinese phones are cheap cuz the build quality, thats one thing that worries me the most right now
my find 7a seems fine so far although I put a tiny dent on the top already >< is still fine just the paint got scrap off.
Old 06-15-2014, 11:25 AM   #97
#deephouse

Thanked 4,704 Times in 1,243 Posts
Buy Oneplus One - 5.5 inch Screen Qualcomm 801 CPU 3GB RAM CyanogenMod Android Phone
Old 06-15-2014, 01:57 PM   #98

is running on ColorOS instead of CyanogenMod. Once you get the phone you can update it to CyanogenMod when it is out. Honestly speaking ColorOS is what put me off using my find 7. A bit too much bugs here and there.
Old 06-15-2014, 02:02 PM   #99
#deephouse

Thanked 4,704 Times in 1,243 Posts
Don't know, never use android again/dont care. Just helping out lol
Old 06-18-2014, 06:21 AM   #100

$399 LOL...nevermind, I don't want one anymore.