REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 06-19-2015, 07:59 PM   #1326
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

I just got that today, hopefully it does fix the touchscreen update.
Advertisement
Cwift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 09:18 PM   #1327
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 4,518 Times in 691 Posts
I updated my phone on Thursday to the latest update, in hopes it would fix the awful touchscreen issues.

AND IT COMPLETELY HARDBRICKED MY PHONE.

I can't express how livid I am. When I first got the phone, it was great. Then along came Lollipop, with serious touchscreen issues, and the shitty Profiles system.

And now this. I've been in touch with OnePlus and had umpteen people get back to me with suggestions; now there is a 2 week waiting list for a remote tech session to help fix the problem.

Anyone else experience this? Anyone have experience resuscitating a hardbricked phone? (no lights, no charge, nothing)

I'm pretty sure I'm done with OnePlus after this, I just can't deal with this unreliability.

*** And for those experiencing touchscreen and lag issues with the phone getting hot, you are correct. Out of nowhere I started to get an unresponsive screen, and started a support ticket etc. believing it was a software issue.

Then I read something about the adhesive softening under heat, causing a short in the screen flex cable. Then I paid attention to how I was carrying my phone: I put it in my left front pocket, screen facing my leg because a) to protect the screen in case I bump my leg on something and b) the contour of the back of the phone is curved, and follows my leg.

Then I started to put it in my pocket, screen facing out: All of a sudden, no more touchscreen issues. (at least less frequently, the piece of shit still acts up)

Conclusion: the body heat from my leg was heating up the screen, causing it to not work well.

I've had many phones, and always carry them the same way, in the same pocket. Never have I experienced such bullshit.

As soon as I get this thing up and running, I'm selling it. If anyone is dumb enough to buy it.
1992 Nissan President Sovereign, Black
1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R, Black
1989 Nissan Skyline GTS-4, Black
1986 Porsche 944, Black

Last edited by SpartanAir; 06-29-2015 at 09:25 PM.
SpartanAir is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-29-2015, 09:59 PM   #1328
I am Hook'd on RS

installed latest OTA update. Phone works as well as before. Touchscreen issues resolved for me.
Pho Dac Biet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 12:29 AM   #1329
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
What's the latest OTA?

I'm currently on 12.0-YNG1TAS2I3

I picked one up today for $300 with a bunch of accessories. The guy paid like $420 a month ago so I got a pretty good deal on it IMO.

All these issues are making me worried though.

Only issue I'm having now is finding a decent Android keyboard that supports Korean and doesn't look like shit. GO Keyboard works well, but the ad bar with the icons and shit are annoying.

Tried porting over the LG G3 keyboard that I'm used to using, but it keeps giving me FCs.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 05:28 AM   #1330
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG View Post
What's the latest OTA?

I picked one up today for $300 with a bunch of accessories. The guy paid like $420 a month ago so I got a pretty good deal on it IMO.

Only issue I'm having now is finding a decent Android keyboard that supports Korean and doesn't look like shit. GO Keyboard works well, but the ad bar with the icons and shit are annoying.

Tried porting over the LG G3 keyboard that I'm used to using, but it keeps giving me FCs.
You get what you pay for. I couldn't stand all the little bugs so I sold mine. Actually I got 2 1+1 after a few months apart to give it another chance but still not worth the headache
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 09:20 AM   #1331
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG View Post
What's the latest OTA?

That is the one I just installed. Prior to it I was indeed having the known touchscreen issue. Now it's working flawlessly.
Pho Dac Biet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 02:13 PM   #1332

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
You get what you pay for. I couldn't stand all the little bugs so I sold mine. Actually I got 2 1+1 after a few months apart to give it another chance but still not worth the headache
What do you use now instead? I'm looking at the S6, G4, and Note 4. I actually like the phablet size, and at this point I don't care how much it costs, I just need a reliable phone...
1986 Porsche 944, Black
Old 07-01-2015, 02:30 PM   #1333
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanAir View Post
What do you use now instead? I'm looking at the S6, G4, and Note 4. I actually like the phablet size, and at this point I don't care how much it costs, I just need a reliable phone...
I always switch my phones but currently using iphone 5s. I like the small size as it fits into my jeans and shorts perfectly. I use a LG G3 when it is colder I can put it in my jacket pocket. To be honest I care less about the screen size than able to fit into my pocket. If I want to watch a movie, read, fb I use my tablet. A phone for me is mostly keep connect to what's app, wechat, qq, make calls and once a while check E-mails or play some games to kill time.

Everyone is different.
Old 07-02-2015, 09:55 AM   #1334
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
I like the small size

Back on track.. I must of been one of the few that never had an issues.. the only issue is the software side of the rom... the actual hardware is fine but even then its only minor issues that i can live with, i.e the location issue.. lol.. have it off most of the time anyways...
Old 07-02-2015, 09:22 PM   #1335
ddr
Snapping away

same here. this phone wasn't meant to use with stock rom imo.

go with a us note 4 refurb if that's still available from ebay then unlock it if u don't like the oneplus
Old 07-02-2015, 10:23 PM   #1336
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Anyone getting the VR headset for the op2 launch?
Crayon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 11:52 AM   #1337
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,457 Times in 990 Posts
i have my fair share of issues with this phone, one being the touchscreen since lollipop as well. some days are good, others are bad. also have trouble with other chargers not staying well plugged, and the only one that does is the 3" one that comes with the phone.

good phone for the money for the most part, but i wont buy another from these guys for a while.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 08:53 PM   #1338

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddr View Post
same here. this phone wasn't meant to use with stock rom imo.

go with a us note 4 refurb if that's still available from ebay then unlock it if u don't like the oneplus
Not a bad suggestion. They are reasonably priced on ebay. Has anyone ever had experience buying a refurbished phone? I've only ever bought new, makes me a bit nervous..
1986 Porsche 944, Black
Old 07-03-2015, 09:35 PM   #1339
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
I have no problems with my OPO... feels just as good as my LG G3

Running stock ROM too

Don't scare me boys!
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 11:00 AM   #1340
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,699 Times in 1,626 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
i have my fair share of issues with this phone, one being the touchscreen since lollipop as well. some days are good, others are bad. also have trouble with other chargers not staying well plugged, and the only one that does is the 3" one that comes with the phone.

good phone for the money for the most part, but i wont buy another from these guys for a while.
Are you sure you don't have a shitload of lint in the charger port?

Similar issue, and I probably removed about 30 grams of shit from the headphone jack and the charging port.

Also some cases will not allow some plugs all the way in.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 11:37 AM   #1341

Update on my OnePlus fiasco...

After about 25 emails of "procedures" from OnePlus, where every other email is answered by a different person, with seemingly randomly-generated English-sounding names, such as: Jefflee, Cheyserr, Miffy, Cyd and Camaymayan, I eventually had a booked a remote tech session where a "level 2" technician. The appointments were all booked up, so I had to wait 2 weeks.

I eventually had the session, where the guy remotely accessed my computer while it was plugged in, and he went through the install processes of certificates and programs etc I was to download prior to the session. In all fairness, he seemed like a knowledgeable guy and was helpful to answer all my concerns, but at the end of the session determined my phone was dead as it wouldn't let him past a certain point ie hardware failure.

So now, I've been going through the return process, where they will send me a replacement. After another drawn out procedure of filling in DHL forms, missing instructions on printing a shipping label and wasting a DHL guy's time, I'm finally scheduled for them to pick it up tomorrow, and pray to God I'll have a new unit shipped to me next week or the week after.

As tempted as I am to see how the OnePlus Two turns out when it is unveiled on July 27th, I'm so fuckin done with this company. I just can't handle how removed you are from any kind of tech support. As much as I don't like Apple, it is pretty awesome that you can just take it into a store and talk to a real person.

I just bought a Note 4 on CL, and I'm actually really happy with it (although the transaction was a bit sketchy and I should have been a bit more careful, but everything seems ok). It's a much better product than the OPO and if something goes wrong I can take it almost anywhere to fix it.

I like the concept of OnePlus, but in real life, if you depend on your phone for business which I do, it's a bad move. You get what you pay for.

From now on I'm buying flagship devices from reputable companies.
1986 Porsche 944, Black
Old 07-19-2015, 11:45 AM   #1342
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 2,169 Times in 249 Posts
Lol, reputable companies
bigzz786786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 07:15 AM   #1343

OnePlus 2 camera samples go up against the Galaxy S6 and iPhone 6

The OnePlus 2 is on the left in the shots below, while the Galaxy S6 is on the right.

In the next shots the OnePlus is on the left and the iPhone 6 is on the right.

These are really impressive shots if its true.. OP2 will be a beast
Old 07-22-2015, 08:40 AM   #1344
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Been waiting for the OP2 since last year, time to upgrade this POS Iphone 4S . Will you existing OP1 owners get invites right away? If so, please let me know if you'll have a black 64 gig version available as I want that one.
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 04:25 PM   #1345
I am Hook'd on RS

OnePlus 2 leak....

Cult of Android - OnePlus 2 uncovered by Chinese regulator ahead of official debut

"Feast your eyes on the OnePlus 2.

The much-anticipated second-generation smartphone from OnePlus has finally been revealed ahead of its official debut on July 27, thanks to Chinese regulator TENAA. The images above showcase the handset’s all-new design, which features a physical home button with integrated fingerprint scanner.

Although OnePlus has already confirmed some of the OnePlus 2’s specifications, it’s been working hard to keep the handset’s new design a secret. Some “leaked” images have been circulated in recent weeks, but it looks like those were — as suspected — nothing more than fakes.

These images from TENAA, the Chinese equivalent of the FCC, show that the OnePlus 2 almost looks like a Samsung device from the front, thanks to its physical home button with shiny silver accent. Its predecessor didn’t have any buttons, but of course, the OnePlus 2 will have a fingerprint scanner.

That’s the biggest design change, but there are plenty of others. OnePlus has done away with the metallic bezel around its smartphone, so glass is pretty much all you see when looking at the OnePlus 2 head-on. The device also appears to be taller and narrower than last year’s model.

The rear-facing camera has been repositioned slightly further down the back of the device, and alongside its dual-LED flash, there appears to be a second sensor of some kind. We suspect it could be a laser autofocus system similar to that found on the LG G3 and G4.

Two subtle things you may not have noticed are the small groove on the bottom left edge of the OnePlus 2, which suggests its back panel will snap off easily (unlike the OnePlus One’s) — and what looks like a button situated on the left side of the device.

This could be the power button, but it looks like that is located beneath the volume rocker on the right side of the device. It could also be a SIM card slot, but it appears to be protruding out of the device, rather than flush against its edge. Could it be a physical mute switch like the iPhone’s?

We’ll have to wait until July 27 to find out. What we do know for certain at this point is that the OnePlus 2 will have a Snapdragon 810 processor, 4GB of LPDDR4 memory, and a USB-C connector — and will be priced at under $450."
beansbaxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 05:38 PM   #1346

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotjoint View Post
Been waiting for the OP2 since last year, time to upgrade this POS Iphone 4S . Will you existing OP1 owners get invites right away? If so, please let me know if you'll have a black 64 gig version available as I want that one.
Depends on the pricing of the OP2.. I might switch.. yes I do have the 64gb.. glass screen protector and case since day 1

Really.. they using the sandstone again... im not sure im gona like it.. haha
Old 07-22-2015, 05:56 PM   #1347
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Whats wrong with the sandstone? Or just personal preference?
Old 07-22-2015, 06:43 PM   #1348

I think ill be getting this one, i went from oneplus one to galaxy s6 and i regret everything except the camera, if the pictures are actually a real hand held comparison then ill switch to the oneplus two! Although i hope the front camera has been improved too
Old 07-22-2015, 09:06 PM   #1349

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzz786786 View Post
I think ill be getting this one, i went from oneplus one to galaxy s6 and i regret everything except the camera, if the pictures are actually a real hand held comparison then ill switch to the oneplus two! Although i hope the front camera has been improved too
What's wrong with the S6. I play around a bit at the metro town store and it seems pretty snappy.
Old 07-22-2015, 09:48 PM   #1350

It seems fine for display models because its not personalized. The battery life is horrible, with the same usage as the oneplus one, i recharge my samsung twice a day for full charges and i still end up with 20% or less battery life by the end of the night. Where as the oneplus goes more than a full day with one charge(samsung has a super tiny battery). The phone freezes and lags a lot because of the memory allocation problem. When you do the close all apps, if you go to app manager it will show apps that you have closed are still running for over 99 hours.when the ram gets drained to practically nothing, then it will free up some space. The phone over heats like crazy too. Speaker volume is pretty low when full, the alarm isnt as loud as the oneplus, not even close actually.

They say the only way to help with the battery is turn off data when there is wifi available, turn off bluetooth, turn off gps, use a black and white theme and disable google services. Meaning all that your left with is just an overpriced phone that can make calls and take good pictures.

Also the 2.5d curved glass means that glass screen protectors only cover the screen itselft, even then it doesnt go to the edge of the screen as you can still see the screen from looking at the sides. It sucks not being able to cover then entire front face cause dirt and dust os super visible on the sides of the glass screen protector, its worsd cause my phone is white.

Oh and the dumbest part of all, i bought my phone through samsung store for 980 after tax for the 64gb version, and its still carrier locked!!!!!!!

But yeah, other than that, its still looks sexy, feels solid and has a great front and back camera!!

Last edited by bigzz786786; 07-22-2015 at 10:58 PM.
This post thanked by: