REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-19-2014, 05:30 AM   #1
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
The Dark Enlightenment

Soooo...

Anyone read much about it?

The Dark Enlightenment, by Nick Land | The Dark Enlightenment

I think it's pretty fascinating to read, pretty thought-provoking shit
Advertisement
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-19-2014, 10:28 AM   #2
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Now im scared of Timpo, apparently he can posses others to make dumb threads

dis like your 5th dumb thread this week LOL
z3german is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 02:44 PM   #3
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by z3german View Post
Now im scared of Timpo, apparently he can posses others to make dumb threads

dis like your 5th dumb thread this week LOL
surprisingly, you know how many dumb threads he had made. get off his dick.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-20-2014, 01:24 AM   #4
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Where is CiC when I need him?

The separation of Church and State is a keystone to modern society, but doesn't anyone realize that Church was just replaced with educational facilities and the media?

I know you guys want to fail me, but please, just read that shit with a somewhat open mind and reply. Even if you think it's stupid, say why! Thanks!
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 03:43 AM   #5
I subscribe to Revscene

I was watching RT news today and on one of the shows (hosted by a female) a man named Reza Aslan was speaking about how Jesus was basically a political figure and that his sayings had a political message.
(I recall reading that the one time Jesus got angry was when he flipped over the money exchangers tables... these were the bankers charging debt slave interests and who were the evil rulers at that time. [they also killed Jesus for his preaching.])
Mr.Aslan went on to say that the powers that be over time have taken Jesus's political meanings and made them more spiritual to divert righteous teachings and laws which would work counter to their evil hegemony over the people.
The song, Sympathy for the Devil by The Rolling Stones has a nice touch to this.

I dont have the energy to read the website you linked but Im pretty sure it never compared or experienced a modern righteous and religious dominated society of Iran to say it holds back modern society.

I believe Judaism and Christianity may have flaws in its scriptures to see all humans as equal, unlike Islam, but overall religious teachings have been tuned overtime to serve man a fundamental base to thrive in harmony.

I was doing a random search to educate someone on the modern label of who these evil rulers are today and came across this little gem.
Spoiler!
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc

Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 04-20-2014 at 03:54 AM.
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote