REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > 4x4's and the Great Outdoors

4x4's and the Great Outdoors THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
When pavement meets dirt, Beautiful British Columbia
When life on tarmac isn't enough. This section is for 4x4 Offroad Events, Pics, Discussion. Places to test your truck, Techniques and Skills. Everyone of all skill levels are welcome. Got a wicked campsite you would like to share? Discover the great outdoors, gear discussion etc.
A little mud never hurts, so get down and dirty...

Old 05-24-2015, 07:48 AM   #876
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square

Thanked 2,093 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipseman View Post
I think I remember the backpacker being $50 during christmas time. Could be wrong, but yeah, not much to do with a single shot.
They kick like a mule, too. My friend shot two rounds of trap with a 12g single shot and his shoulder was purple afterwards. I'll stick with my semi shotguns
Advertisement
Zedbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 10:50 AM   #877
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts

I'm not saying it won't kill you but at $80, why not just hoard one?

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 10:18 PM   #878

Took the day off, did some chores and then got into a groove on the reloading press. Popped out 300 rounds of .357 in various grain loads with full jacketed bullets and also popped out 200 rounds of .38 SPL with wadcutters. When my thumb heels (I chopped off the tip of it 3 weeks ago with an axe) I am hitting the range with my wheel guns - hard.
Old 06-02-2015, 01:29 PM   #879
Rs has made me the man i am today!

what everyones gear setup? We all we have guns, what about gear?
Eternal_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 05:26 PM   #880
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,325 Times in 5,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedbra View Post
Took the day off, did some chores and then got into a groove on the reloading press. Popped out 300 rounds of .357 in various grain loads with full jacketed bullets and also popped out 200 rounds of .38 SPL with wadcutters. When my thumb heels (I chopped off the tip of it 3 weeks ago with an axe) I am hitting the range with my wheel guns - hard.
how long?
Old 06-03-2015, 12:39 AM   #881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
how long?
Til I have 100 rounds left.
Old 06-05-2015, 11:14 AM   #882

renovating the house so alot of stuff packed away but found an older pic. just my vest and AR. all mag pouches are all loaded in the safe. Boots and camo in the closet. Have full set of ACu, CADPAT, woodlands

This post thanked by:
Old 06-05-2015, 12:18 PM   #883

I had a gun dream/nightmare last night. In the dream, for some reason I bought a Glock in .357 SIG and I was disappointed in the gun's performance but more disappointed in myself for actually buying that calibre; thinking how much I am going to lose trying to sell it, who would want that calibre, good luck trying to trade it. Made me chuckle when I woke up.
Old 06-05-2015, 12:29 PM   #884

hahah nice.. i've had a few of those before.. one time i had one where in my dream i woke up and all my guns were gone.. i freaked out... then when i actually woke up i ran to the gun safe to check.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-07-2015, 05:33 PM   #885

pulled the pin on the ISSC MK22 today, bought it used off CGN for $500 with everything seen, pretty good deal considering the mags are $50 a pop. This is a first gen which had some problems with pins backing themselves out, previous owner installed the fix kit from ISSC himself so hopefully it's all good. Should be able to get it out next weekend

Old 06-07-2015, 06:14 PM   #886

Quote:
pulled the pin on the ISSC MK22 today, bought it used off CGN for $500 with everything seen, pretty good deal considering the mags are $50 a pop. This is a first gen which had some problems with pins backing themselves out, previous owner installed the fix kit from ISSC himself so hopefully it's all good. Should be able to get it out next weekend

thats a really good buy.. for 500 thats not bad at all
Old 06-07-2015, 07:11 PM   #887

I'm not into the whole black rifle look, but that is a nice looking plinker.

Today I tumbled over 500 rounds of .357 and .38 SPL. I always admire how shiny they are when they are first cleaned. It instantly makes me want to go out shooting.
Old 06-08-2015, 08:39 AM   #888
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
The MK22 is the ultimate tactical style rimfire rifle. It's well worth the $500, especially with the extra mags. My shooting buddy has one, and it's a ton of fun to plink with.

Zed, you're speaking the truth about shiny ammo. I still haven't shot my S&W yet. But after popping into Int'l the other day and buying ammo, I think I'm going to hit the range later today.

It's a good day to shoot.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-08-2015, 11:20 AM   #889

^ wheel gun fever commencing in 3....2.....1.....

You wanna do the scope swap this week?
Old 06-08-2015, 11:51 AM   #890
they call me the snowman

Let's do it! I'll be local all weekend for my youngin's b'day party.
Do you have my cel number?

On a side note;
It's a good thing I checked the calendar for the Abby gun range. It looks like they rented range 2 out AGAIN. It's supposed to be a member's range, yet they continue to rent it out during the week. Looks like I'll be going to the General Meeting on thursday to announce my displeasure in person.

Here is what I saw on the calendar today.

Range one (indoor) - closed
Range two (120 yard) - rented
Range three (55 yard) - rented
Range 4 (20 yard) - open

What a joke.
Old 06-10-2015, 12:09 PM   #891
they call me the snowman

So I hit up the range yesterday with some new toys.

The 686 is a nice, simple gun. The .357 kicks hard as hell, but the 38 special felt almost like a 9mm. The 686 is heavy, so it took a lot of the force away. But my left hand was a little singed after pumping almost 100 shots through it. I love wheel guns!

Another fellow showed up with a 30-06 and he was booming away. I thought "why do you get all the attention?". That was the right time for me to bust out the 45/70 lever. Again, it's a simple gun with mechanical action. I really enjoyed shooting it, and would have blown off a lot more than the 10 or so that I shot. If the rounds were $3 each...

The T97 was flawless, as always. I'm waiting on the lower hand guard for it, and it's done. The T97 has to be one of my favorite guns to shoot. Too bad I shot the bolt holding my steel target up in the first 20 shots. So much for that!

I had a good time out there shooting the new toys. I need to get my reloads started so I can target these in without breaking the bank.

This post thanked by:
Old 06-10-2015, 03:59 PM   #892

so jealous of you. I haven't been shooting in over a year. Stupid health problems. I have around 4 guns that i have yet to shoot. *sigh* do depressing. The range in langley is opening up soon so hopefully on a good day i'll be able to hit it up. But damn, can't imagine the boom when they are ripping off 50 BMG inside
Old 06-10-2015, 04:47 PM   #893

ive been in car accidents far worse than shooting the .50 inside Battlefield vegas. was kind of surprised the langley range has it but it's really the only interesting gun they have for rent. Since the barrett works the way it does releasing pressure through the gas ports shooting it inside those little boxes knocks the breathe out of you

might as well the throw in the M60 as well

i wanted a bigger caliber than the M249 so went with the .308 M60. However, after shooting it the guy informed me that there was a newer variation of the SAW which now shoots .308, so probably would have preferred that
Old 06-11-2015, 08:45 AM   #894
they call me the snowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal_SiR View Post
so jealous of you. I haven't been shooting in over a year. Stupid health problems. I have around 4 guns that i have yet to shoot. *sigh* do depressing. The range in langley is opening up soon so hopefully on a good day i'll be able to hit it up. But damn, can't imagine the boom when they are ripping off 50 BMG inside
Hopefully soon they will fix you.
And when they do we can hit up the new range. It's just down the road from my work, so I couldn't avoid signing up for a membership. No payment until they open, although that should be coming soon.

Members only mondays are going to be a lot of fun.

Quote:
i wanted a bigger caliber than the M249 so went with the .308 M60. However, after shooting it the guy informed me that there was a newer variation of the SAW which now shoots .308, so probably would have preferred that
So very cool.
I love the M60, butI like that the M249 can be shot from the shoulder. It's always been more of a soldier's gun, and less of a cannon that needs to be bolted down like the larger variant.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-16-2015, 12:08 PM   #895
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

ill just leave this gem here

June 19th & 20th Anniversary Sale Fliers

hope everyone is enjoying the weather, finally got out shooting sunday
incubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 12:29 PM   #896
they call me the snowman

I was trying to get my brother out to shoot today, but no dice. So thursday will be our day.
I grabbed the Dusk and Dawn from zedbra, and just happened to have the rails and rings that fit already. I laser sighted it at about 30 yards, but it will be good to get it out to the range and set up at 100 yards.

I miss plinking with it so much.

Attn: Incubus.
I meant to send this to you last week, but part # 28 is what I need. I grabbed part # 29 from you last week, so I am good there. But the slide is what I need.

and also a castle nut tool.

although someone was telling me that part # 57 works as a tool. I will have to check that out.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-16-2015, 09:13 PM   #897

I reloaded a few hundred .357 rounds and about 50 .38SPL rounds, trying out some different loads/bullet weights. I primed some of my 7mm MAG cases and was about to start loading those for the first time, but I decided to read up a bit more on various loads/bullets first.
Old 06-17-2015, 05:48 PM   #898

I'm taking Friday off and I am going to the range starting at 10:00am. I need a break from this busy thing called life. If anyone wants to drive to Squish and join me, that would be cool. I can sign in two guests at a time, $10 for daily insurance each.

incubus is going to be busy - that I already know.
Old 06-19-2015, 10:10 AM   #899
they call me the snowman

No driving to Squamdot, but I am taking a rookie out to Abby today.
My goalie buddy has never shot a gun in his life. I heard that, mentioned that it was like being in San Diego and telling your buddies you're a virgin. It's off to Tijuana!!!!!
OR Abby gun range. It's closer, lol.

I'm bringing out the T97, the 10-22, 357, and the 1911-22. I am debating on grabbing the 870 shotgun. It's between sights right now. I'll probably go home and grab it on the way.

Also, I found some CCI rimfire yesterday in my travels. I won't actually come out and give up my supplier, but I can say the store rhymes with Banadian Gire.

Keep it on the downlow.
Old 06-19-2015, 12:03 PM   #900
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
So this is kind of nice.

BILL C-42 PASSING THIRD READING TODAY, ROYAL ASSENT EXPECTED THURSDAY, JUNE 18 ? ATT CLARIFICATION UPDATE | Calibremag.ca

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote