REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > 4x4's and the Great Outdoors

4x4's and the Great Outdoors THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
When pavement meets dirt, Beautiful British Columbia
When life on tarmac isn't enough. This section is for 4x4 Offroad Events, Pics, Discussion. Places to test your truck, Techniques and Skills. Everyone of all skill levels are welcome. Got a wicked campsite you would like to share? Discover the great outdoors, gear discussion etc.
A little mud never hurts, so get down and dirty...

Old 08-06-2015, 03:56 PM   #951
Rs has made me the man i am today!

im running the tac 21 on my 10TR. Love it.. but adds alot of weight

Advertisement

Last edited by Eternal_SiR; 08-07-2015 at 12:17 PM.
Eternal_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-07-2015, 09:20 AM   #952
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square

Thanked 2,093 Times in 669 Posts
So after months of humming and hawing, I have decided on my new scope - going to try the Nikon Monarch 3 4-16x50mm with the BDC reticle. Going to see if incubus' shop can match prices I see at other stores first before I run out to get one. I seriously considered a Leupold, but the reviews of the Nikons have me more than curious to try one on my hunting rifle.
Zedbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 03:23 PM   #953

So I am also wanting a new set of compact binos for hunting/quadding/hiking. Somewhere around 8*32, maybe 9 or 10*28 - must be waterproof and shockproof would be nice. Also around $300. Anyone have any recommendations?
Old 08-07-2015, 03:58 PM   #954
I don't get it

@ eternal_sir, that's a beauty!

do you mind sharing the specs of mod list, in particular the muscle break, I have a 26" heavy barrel and would like to cut it down to 20" and attach a muscle break.

Tia!
evlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 06:10 AM   #955

not much of a mod list really. Ergo soft grip, Magpul PRS stock, the muzzle brake is just a generic one i picked up on amazon. think it was only $40 something.. works great though
Old 08-10-2015, 11:04 AM   #956
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedbra View Post
I seriously considered a Leupold, but the reviews of the Nikons have me more than curious to try one on my hunting rifle.
My cousin, who is a thousand yard shooter uses a Nikon. When you're playing in the $3-4000 range for scopes, you have a few options. He liked the fact that the Nikon was built really well, and has a great warranty.

A thousand yards.
Damn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal_SiR View Post
not much of a mod list really. Ergo soft grip, Magpul PRS stock, the muzzle brake is just a generic one i picked up on amazon. think it was only $40 something.. works great though
So sweet!

I'm thinking of sending the T97 to Dlask so I can have the barrel threaded, and use any muzzle break that I want.

Very cool!
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 04:22 PM   #957
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,346 Times in 5,651 Posts
through work knew a guy from idaho, pretty well off guy really outdoorsy etc. tonnes of toys, also a thousand yard + shooter, said once you get to a certain level in gear anyone can shoot 1000 lol
Old 08-12-2015, 07:10 AM   #958

[QUOTE=originalhypa;8669343]My cousin, who is a thousand yard shooter uses a Nikon. When you're playing in the $3-4000 range for scopes, you have a few options. He liked the fact that the Nikon was built really well, and has a great warranty.

A thousand yards.
Damn.

So sweet!

I'm thinking of sending the T97 to Dlask so I can have the barrel threaded, and use any muzzle break that I want.

Very cool![/QUbeen thinking the same thing for my T97 too.. would like a new muzzle break too. Wonder if we'll get a deal doing both at the same time. I work around the corner from them. While your there, hit up 4winds brewing next door.. awesome guys
This post thanked by:
Old 08-12-2015, 03:04 PM   #959

As I travel through the province, I always try to stop at all the little gun shops when I have time. Managed to find some Norma soft point ammo for my 7.5x55 today - quite the surprise. The shop in Vernon - Del Selin, had a lot of ammo and nice guys. Also found a decent price on Titegroup in Kamloops.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-14-2015, 08:14 AM   #960
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

you can mount a lantac dragon, its what i plan on using and its got great reviews

incubus is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-16-2015, 11:59 PM   #961
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts

SO MUCH WANT!

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-17-2015, 05:35 AM   #962

Finally got out to the range, managed to shoot a few rounds of trap and then my sons were shooting their rifles. My youngest has a Red Rider and my eldest was loving the red dot I traded off hypa on his Rascal. All smiles.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2015-08-16 14.28.58.jpg (150.5 KB, 0 views)
This post thanked by:
Old 08-20-2015, 10:31 PM   #963

My new scope arrived and I mounted it and went straight to the range to zero it in - but it was just one of those days where nothing was going right, including my targets getting blown over by the wind.

I seemed to have gotten it close, though. Clarity of the scope thus far seems great - more time is needed for an honest review. It's a Nikon Monarch 3 4-16 x 50mm.

This post thanked by:
Old 08-25-2015, 07:03 PM   #964

Trying to keep busy so I managed to reload 300 rounds of 38 SPL and another 300 rounds of .357 over the last few days. Figured out I have been misusing my Lee Loader Auto Disk powder dispenser, and therefore have been hot loading the last 500 rounds. Live and learn.

Oh - the $13 electronic scale another reloader recommended off eBay has been great! My wife is now using the same scale for her gemology. It can measure in grains and remembers your last unit. Holds zero and no creep.
Old 08-25-2015, 07:58 PM   #965
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Del Selins is sort of a local folk-hero in the Okanagan. hes a legend over generations. When my 10/22 lost its extractor spring, Grouse River and the local gun smith couldn't figure out what I was talking about, and Del said "bring it down I've got a drawer full of springs Ill find you one." and he literally had a drawer full of different springs and picked one out. lol
Old 08-25-2015, 09:03 PM   #966
I don't get it

any recommendation for gunsmith local. thanks
evlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 09:29 PM   #967

Quote:
Originally Posted by evlee View Post
any recommendation for gunsmith local. thanks
Lots of suggestions here:

HuntingBC.ca
Old 08-29-2015, 06:04 AM   #968

Ordered my son a 20g O/U the other day, it will be one of his Xmas gifts. He really wanted to come out hunting with me this year but I think he needs another year to grow a little and also get more trigger time with an adequate gun.

I ordered this little guy, from Corwin-Arms. Martin there is a good guy, he is actually giving me the upgraded shotgun for the same price. The gun has been getting good reviews, so I think it will be a great first hunting gun. He can load bird shot in the upper barrel and a slug in the lower.

https://www.corwin-arms.com/product/...t-sight-bead-0

I also ordered their shotgun sight that I am going to actually try both on my revolver and also my long recoil shotgun. Martin never thought about the revolver application (all mine have vented shrouds) - so he is eager to here my review and will be giving a deal on another if it works for both applications.

https://www.corwin-arms.com/product/...n-pf01%D1%8525
This post thanked by:
Old 08-30-2015, 05:45 PM   #969
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
Thinking of going with the TAR-21 Tavor as my first purchase. thoughts? Is the V2 worth getting over the V1?

Last edited by Vansterdam; 08-31-2015 at 07:24 AM.
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 09:38 AM   #970
they call me the snowman

Quote:
Trying to keep busy so I managed to reload 300 rounds of 38 SPL and another 300 rounds of .357 over the last few days. Figured out I have been misusing my Lee Loader Auto Disk powder dispenser, and therefore have been hot loading the last 500 rounds. Live and learn.
I did the same while I was waiting for the power to come back on. I popped the primers out of my 9mm, 38 and 357 brass in preparation for tumbling. I found that the primer out allows the inside of the brass to come really clean. But you get media in the primer port.

Do you tumble with the spent primers in or out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansterdam View Post
Thinking of going with the TAR-21 Tavor as my first purchase. thoughts? Is the V2 worth getting over the V1?
V2 is sick, especially in FDE.
That was my brother's big purchase last year, and it's a great gun. It's like buying an Audi. It looks sick, shoots sick, and is built with high quality in mind.

I've shot both the V2 ans the V1 and there isn't a big difference. But if you're going to make the big financial commitment that a Tavor demands, go for the freshest revision. You won't be let down.

Quote:
Ordered my son a 20g O/U the other day, it will be one of his Xmas gifts.

Let me know how that sight works. I'm between sights on my 870 and would like to go with something that allows quick target acquisition without having to rest my cheek on the shottie. I'm tired of getting face punched by my Remington.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-31-2015, 02:08 PM   #971
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post

V2 is sick, especially in FDE.
That was my brother's big purchase last year, and it's a great gun. It's like buying an Audi. It looks sick, shoots sick, and is built with high quality in mind.

I've shot both the V2 ans the V1 and there isn't a big difference. But if you're going to make the big financial commitment that a Tavor demands, go for the freshest revision. You won't be let down.

hmm apparently current gen is V2.5.. I cant justify paying 3k for a stock one though lol. hoping there will be a sale somewhere by boxing day =P or might have to consider getting a used older gen

Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-31-2015, 04:44 PM   #972
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
^ damn that's sexy

Cadillac CTS (Current)
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 04:47 PM   #973
they call me the snowman

You won't be let down with any of the generations of tavor. That one you posted is pretty sick with the flat top rail and barrel cover.

With all the cerakote options these days, you can make it any color you want.
Old 08-31-2015, 06:44 PM   #974

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
I did the same while I was waiting for the power to come back on. I popped the primers out of my 9mm, 38 and 357 brass in preparation for tumbling. I found that the primer out allows the inside of the brass to come really clean. But you get media in the primer port.

Do you tumble with the spent primers in or out?

Let me know how that sight works. I'm between sights on my 870 and would like to go with something that allows quick target acquisition without having to rest my cheek on the shottie. I'm tired of getting face punched by my Remington.
I tumble my hand .357 and .38 brass with the primers in, the pockets stay relatively clean (compared to spent rifle brass). I'm on my third reload now and no issues so far.

My 7mm MAG rounds I will tumble with primers in, then deprime, then tumble again. I initially was hand cleaning each primer pocket and that sucked, so tumbling took out the grime and I only needed to hand clean a few. Moving forward, I will always do rifle reloading in small quantities.

I'll let ya know how that sight works - I have my hopes up.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-31-2015, 08:23 PM   #975
they call me the snowman

Good to know.
I'm really anal about reloading. I don't want to blow my face off.