REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > 4x4's and the Great Outdoors

4x4's and the Great Outdoors THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
When pavement meets dirt, Beautiful British Columbia
When life on tarmac isn't enough. This section is for 4x4 Offroad Events, Pics, Discussion. Places to test your truck, Techniques and Skills. Everyone of all skill levels are welcome. Got a wicked campsite you would like to share? Discover the great outdoors, gear discussion etc.
A little mud never hurts, so get down and dirty...

Old 12-13-2014, 09:45 AM   #651
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
Quick question guys, my dad is under the impression once he gets his gun license he can carry his gun anywhere he wants anytime he wants (within BC) . I have a friend who has his license and told me a while back you can only carry it TO and FROM the gun range
Advertisement
Old 12-13-2014, 09:53 AM   #652
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
Quick question guys, my dad is under the impression once he gets his gun license he can carry his gun anywhere he wants anytime he wants (within BC) . I have a friend who has his license and told me a while back you can only carry it TO and FROM the gun range
Restricted guns (handguns) need authorization to transport that only onlyallows to range and back
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 10:22 AM   #653
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,831 Times in 587 Posts
In the process of getting his license this will be explained to him.

You can carry a non-restricted firearm in this fashion (with some rules) but you better be expecting to have cops point guns at you shortly after.
Restricted, you can only carry them where you LTATT or ATT allows you to (approved gun ranges and gun smiths).

07-17 G37 RWD Coupe Coilovers FOR SALE BRAND NEW
BoostedBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-13-2014, 10:25 AM   #654
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,831 Times in 587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedbra View Post
They are back to $99 now I see. I never did see a reason for a single shot shotgun - especially for a backpacker. Give me at least two barrels to get some lead out.
Only bought it because it was $50 :P Its not much use, but why the hell not. It is $99 on the site. Call CanadaAmmo and talk to Hank, he will hook you up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vale46Rossi View Post
WHERE can I get a $50 shotgun..... I WANT ONE
CanadaAmmo, call Hank hes got them there.
They are returned ones that need a small shim (washer) under the front for grip. Takes all of 2 seconds to do :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4RAWR View Post
ill give you $45 for it
Done! $45 for the shotgun and $146 for shipping.

07-17 G37 RWD Coupe Coilovers FOR SALE BRAND NEW
BoostedBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 03:26 PM   #655
Survivor MOD

Thanked 1,623 Times in 577 Posts
Quote:
Storing, Transporting and Displaying Firearms - Royal Canadian Mounted Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedBB6 View Post
Done! $45 for the shotgun and $146 for shipping.
local pick up?
T4RAWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 07:25 PM   #656
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
As everyone so far has mentioned, your dad is wrong. With your long term ATT, you can really only transport to and from gun ranges/smithes (depending on what you put down) and it may even restrict the times (again depending on what you put down).

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 08:13 PM   #657
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square

Thanked 2,093 Times in 669 Posts
Going to try a different scope on my Parker Hale, I want a little more magnification than the old 3-9 that was on there. I'd like to remove the old flip-up sight on the barrel, but I need to figure out how to do that first.

Zedbra is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-19-2014, 09:10 AM   #658
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Damn! Can you see the moon with that scope?

Srsly though, I like having the same rail system for all of my guns. "I have to sight in my optic" is a great excuse to get out and shoot. Plus it's cool to run a red dot one day, then plink at 125 yards with the 4x scope the next.

Too bad it gets dark so early right now.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-22-2014, 09:01 AM   #659
they call me the snowman

Hey incubus bro, did my 870 parts ever come in?

I'd like to change up the foregrip and add a pistol grip in the new year. Hip shooting the 12 gauge is ftw!
Old 12-22-2014, 03:26 PM   #660

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
Hey incubus bro, did my 870 parts ever come in?

I'd like to change up the foregrip and add a pistol grip in the new year. Hip shooting the 12 gauge is ftw!
Have you considered adding an ATI folding stock? Then you can either shoot from the hip or shoulder it.

My restricted licence showed up today - they didn't even call my wife. Now to keep my eye out for a wheel gun to bring home.
Old 12-23-2014, 07:57 AM   #661
they call me the snowman

Congrats man!
Hopefully you can snag a few good deals in the next month or two after Christmas.

The folding stock is an option for sure. But I was thinking of a short barrel, pistol grip combo like this.

Crazy.
Old 12-23-2014, 09:12 AM   #662

^ that barrel looks like it will be taking the mag tube cap off with it. I like the grip and fore grip on it. You still interested in that scope?

I put a WTT trade on CGN regarding my 336C for a 357 wheel - but I'm going to keep my eyes open over the holidays for any good sales.
Old 12-23-2014, 06:05 PM   #663
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

i believe everything is on order

happy holidays guys hope everyone spends some good quality time with loved ones

http://internationalshootingsupplies...ek-Draft-2.pdf
incubus is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-23-2014, 08:28 PM   #664

Same to you, incubus. Merry Christmas to all my fellow shooters.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-23-2014, 10:34 PM   #665
they call me the snowman

Quote:
^ that barrel looks like it will be taking the mag tube cap off with it. I like the grip and fore grip on it. You still interested in that scope?

I put a WTT trade on CGN regarding my 336C for a 357 wheel - but I'm going to keep my eyes open over the holidays for any good sales.
You're smoking the good crack, for sure. That 870 is perfect. And if not it's 10 minutes in the vice to change it up.

I'm probably heading up on boxing day. PM me your tel #. I look forward to meeting the legendary zedbra. And grabbing a new optic.

Merry Christmas all.

This post thanked by:
Old 12-30-2014, 05:30 PM   #666

Well, I wanted to go and "look" at a wheel gun today, wanted to head to incubus' store, thought I would stop at Italian on my way in - and then that's where I blew the budget. I wanted a Ruger GP100 6" stainless BUT they had a decent Dan Wesson there with both a 10" and 8" barrel. The trigger was buttery smooth but I passed on it. Initially.

They also had a near new Colt Cadet .22 - it really doesn't look like it has been fired. A little small for my hands but my wife and kids will love it. They gave me a great deal on it - $269 with original hard case and manual, two mags. I picked up the GP100 as well and left.

Well, that Dan Wesson was on my mind, I mean, really on my mind. Paper punching .357 that looks like it's boss, butter trigger, bloody big wooden grips....my stomach was turning - I wanted this revolver. Called Italian back, they said come on back. So, I went back, paid a little extra on the difference, they had my transfer reference number for me before I left. Looking forward to pulling that big slob out and practically hitting the target with my barrel.

This post thanked by:
Old 12-31-2014, 02:14 PM   #667
CRS

Zedbra, I feel you man.

I finally pulled the trigger on an AR and got this bad boy from Frontier.

http://frontierfirearms.ca/firearms/...fb-5-56mm.html

Ruger SR-556FB. I've been meaning to get this for sometime now and never found any stock anywhere and this this amazing price comes along. I couldn't say no.

Looks like I won't be eating for the next couple months.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
This post thanked by:
Old 12-31-2014, 03:24 PM   #668

^ that looks a lot like my 10/22, I like it. Same kind of stock and muzzle break. I'm curious how it shoots for you.
Old 01-02-2015, 04:52 PM   #669
CRS

And first hiccup with Frontier so far. Got an email from them saying that my license has expired and to contact the CFO for renewal. Funny thing to note is that my license actually expires in... 2019.

Tried calling them a few times throughout the day and always went unanswered. Ended up sending an email back asking if they have the right pal number and check again (provided the pal again).

Best part? Today, I went to pick up another rifle I bought over the holiday. If my pal was expired, man, that would have been a mess up.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
This post thanked by:
Old 01-02-2015, 07:12 PM   #670

^ face palm is right. they must have the wrong number

Does anyone have a large framed striker fired pistol in 9mm or .40 that they don't want anymore?
This post thanked by:
Old 01-03-2015, 10:36 AM   #671
CRS

Quote:
^ face palm is right. they must have the wrong number

Does anyone have a large framed striker fired pistol in 9mm or .40 that they don't want anymore?
Called this morning and like Zedbra said, they had the wrong pal number. The pal they had was completely wrong (not just off by 1 or 2) and the range I go to was completely wrong too. As was my DOB. Not sure what happened but it's all sorted out now. EMT has been processed so I should be good to go.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
This post thanked by:
Old 01-03-2015, 02:42 PM   #672
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Ive always been interested in shooting but I have no time to get my license. From what ive heard from a coworker you must take classes before getting your license
_cnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 04:02 PM   #673
Survivor MOD

Thanked 1,623 Times in 577 Posts
you can study and challenge the course itself. you'd just have to do the exam portion.

the classes are quite enjoyable though from my experience and only take a weekend (sat/sun) to get both your non-restricted and restricted PAL.

silvercore is where i did mine and they were fun and professional. you can also join their gun club so that you can acquire a LTATT.
T4RAWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 04:43 PM   #674
CRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4RAWR View Post
you can study and challenge the course itself. you'd just have to do the exam portion.

the classes are quite enjoyable though from my experience and only take a weekend (sat/sun) to get both your non-restricted and restricted PAL.

silvercore is where i did mine and they were fun and professional. you can also join their gun club so that you can acquire a LTATT.
+1 for silvercore.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Old 01-03-2015, 05:10 PM   #675
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,133 Times in 309 Posts
Yep, I was pretty happy with taking my courses through Silvercore, particularly since I only had to go as far as Abbotsford to take it as I'm from Chilliwack.
Babykiller - And next to that, there's a little dot called a period. It's not the stuff you eat out of your sisters gash, it's a handy little tool for breaking up sentences so they don't look like nonsensical retard garbage.
Brianrietta is offline   Reply With Quote