REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-12-2014, 05:32 PM   #26
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,382 Times in 3,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
This could decrease downtown traffic as more bikers fill these lanes, some might realize that leaving the car at home for short trips is not worth it.
I'm sure the big obstacle for people not riding bikes down town is they can't afford a $78 bike from walmart.
Advertisement
Old 05-12-2014, 05:48 PM   #27
I subscribe to Revscene

*I meant to say earlier "leaving the car at home for short trips is worth it."
I think the biggest obstacle is the social "uncool" biker status and second the lack of safety.... but if there were lots of bikers, it would be more acceptable and a feeling of herd security may be given.
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc

Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 05-12-2014 at 05:53 PM.
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 07:52 PM   #28
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
*I meant to say earlier "leaving the car at home for short trips is worth it."
I think the biggest obstacle is the social "uncool" biker status and second the lack of safety.... but if there were lots of bikers, it would be more acceptable and a feeling of herd security may be given.
I'm pretty sure the main obstacle to cycling in Vancouver is that it rains for literally 8 months out of the year here. One of the many reasons I take public transit to my job in DT rather than cycle, even though I am a 15-20 minute drive away.

Say all you want about "social perception" or cost, but let's face it... the majority of people who have to look put together for work are not likely to choose a commute method that will get them very wet and very dirty very fast, or alternatively, force them to change their entire outfit (for girls, makeup too, guys.. hair stuff?) when they get to work when they could take transit and avoid all of that BS instead.
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote