REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

View Poll Results: Worse Delivery compnay
Fedix 14 11.67%
purolator 8 6.67%
DHL 33 27.50%
CANADA POST 21 17.50%
OTHER. 18 15.00%
UPS 46 38.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-15-2014, 10:51 PM   #26

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Money View Post
On to other things,I hate DHL & UPS...they charge outrageous Fees...i bought a sweater for 80 dollars and they tagged on 50 for import and handling fees....DHL always will for international & UPS seems to a lot too but slightly less like 20 dollars
I know that feel bro

If a seller/company from the US doesn't ship with USPS I don't even bother.
Advertisement
Old 05-15-2014, 10:53 PM   #27

I've also noticed eBay and their Global Shipping Program charging Import Fees

Fuck em as well. Slow service for "International Priority Shipping to Canada" with import charges
Old 05-15-2014, 11:13 PM   #28
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,162 Times in 7,154 Posts
How in the fucking shit could you possibly make this poll without UPS? What the fuck!? They are literally the worst company on the planet. Every time I have the misfortune of dealing with them I would compare the feeling afterwards to an unsolicited "foreskin inspection day" from my 3rd grade gym teacher.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-15-2014, 11:19 PM   #29
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

fuck ups and their bs "brokerage fees". They messed up my address and I still had to pay $40.
MaaaadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 11:34 PM   #30
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,263 Times in 1,967 Posts
I was going to click the UPS option...

...but I didn't see the UPS option

Their additional fees annoy the fuck out of me . I don't deal with any vendors who deal with UPS shipping.
GS8 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-15-2014, 11:48 PM   #31

OP works for UPS that's why he didn't put them in the poll
Old 05-16-2014, 12:08 AM   #32
TMT
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

I havent had an issue with any companies except for DHL, slow and a surprise fee of almost $50.00 when it arrived.
TMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 12:11 AM   #33
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
UPS has now been added.

Feel free to hate away now by voting them.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-16-2014, 12:28 AM   #34
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
i remember this one time when ups they mixed up my package & when i went phone them back they told me all i had to do was sent the package back...............with fee, & i was like WTF U DELIVER THE WRONG PACKAGE & NOW U WANT ME TO PAY A FEE TO SENT IT BACK, BULLSHIT

i wasnt home at the time so they just left it in from of my door

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 07:07 AM   #35
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,694 Times in 1,625 Posts
This poll is fucked now - I'll bet a big majority of "other" was UPS.

Fuck UPS. The only thing they have ever done right is representing their company with the colour of diarrhea, which is exactly what their service is like.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-16-2014, 07:48 AM   #36
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Sorry for not putting up UPS. Totally forgot about them. UPS seems fine to me both both times they deliver my N4 and N5 no problems at all.
DHL not so much lol. Got two items shipped by DHL and both times seem they have no idea where my package is. First time I ended threatening them if it is not deliver by a certian time don't bother to deliver it coz I won't accept it(I think it was said to Scheduled for delivery as agreed) but it never got deliver for 2 days and everytime I call the agent give me some BS and have no idea where my package it.

Same thing happen with the second package. My guess is that the driver had my package but didn't have time to deliver it so they just skip my house.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 07:50 AM   #37
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
I bought a homemade valve cover for my civic for $50 12 years ago and the guy shipped it UPS, I received it and they charged me $60 duty and fuck I was mad... UPS can straight up fuck right off that rip off of a company!!
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 07:52 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Totally forgot about them. UPS seems fine to me both both times they deliver my N4 and N5 no problems at all.
I'm guessing you ordered them and had it shipped within Canada?

Using UPS to receive your items from the US on the otherhand is complete garbage.
Old 05-16-2014, 08:05 AM   #39
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 2,093 Times in 452 Posts
UPS can seriously suck 500 STI infested dicks.

I had my Process West FMIC, Eibach R2's, GTspec control arms, i7 3970x, GTX780 and MANY more items just left on the front door of my house when I specifically asked for a SIGNATURE IS REQUIRED before delivery.

They then have the audacity to send me a duty fees bill after in the mail for almost 50-60% of the item's value. Get, Fucked.
belaud is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-16-2014, 08:16 AM   #40
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
I'm guessing you ordered them and had it shipped within Canada?

Using UPS to receive your items from the US on the otherhand is complete garbage.
I think is from the states then to the Canada...... I don't I order form amazon before and the items were ship by UPS and seems fine.

Funny thing I just call DHL to complain about the second order and how I didn't receive it.
Thursday, May 15, 2014 Location Time
Scheduled for delivery as agreed BRITISH COLUMBIA, BC - CANADA 13:44
The agent try to say that she didn't see this and it should be going out today instead. Basically I question either their online tracking system is broken, the driver didn't deliver the item.

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 Location Time
Delivery attempted; recipient not home BRITISH COLUMBIA, BC - CANADA 14:40
For this deliver my parents are home all day working on the front yard. If they even try to make a deliver my parents would have gotten the package for sure not to mention I have tenant as well and they have accept my package for me before. So basically the driver didn't bother to deliver.

I pretty much the agent if it is not deliver today by 2pm don't bother. Just ship my package back to who send it and I am going to call and cancel the order and file a charge back with CC.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:31 AM   #41
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

UPS!!! i see the Richmond depot for almost every package that gets sent through UPS. I have minimal problems with canada post and purolator.
Anjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 02:12 PM   #42
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,979 Times in 262 Posts
This showed up yesterday, Unbridled Parcel Smashers.
Good thing the merchant packed well.

SadBox.jpg
finbar is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-16-2014, 04:42 PM   #43
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
UPS. Hands down all the way. I had a package that I needed ASAP and my mom was literally home all day gardening in the yard. I left specific instructions for the UPS guy/girl to ring the doorbell (in big sharpie on a letter size piece of paper taped to my door) so my mom could grab the package... what do I come home to? A big, fat delivery notice taped right on top of my sign. They didn't even try to notify who was in the house to deliver the package.

I've NEVER had a good experience with them, even shipping to Point Roberts. I watched a parcel sit in their warehouse for almost 7 days just so it would get delivered on the "delivery standard" date instead of sooner than that, just because I didn't order express when they obviously could have provided good service. Personally, I don't buy from online companies who only ship UPS and will typically pay extra for such companies to use a different carrier instead. /rant
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 05:04 PM   #44
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
I've had great experiences with UPS and FedEx, and the worst with DHL (atrocious customer service) and Purolator (ridiculous pickup policies)
Old 05-16-2014, 05:09 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakshow View Post
I've had great experiences with UPS and FedEx, and the worst with DHL (atrocious customer service) and Purolator (ridiculous pickup policies)
Same here with DHL. My package just got deliver today and still not updated online lol and is been over 3 hours...... talk about real time updates.......
Old 05-16-2014, 05:22 PM   #46
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
Lordco

In all seriousness though I agree with UPS being the worst.

Canpars the best in my books, and Ace is probably the most fair priced (but no international though I don't think)
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 05:29 PM   #47
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,501 Times in 4,306 Posts
I've had quite the opposite experience as you guys with DHL. I've dealt with them on numerous occasions and their shipping to Europe is awesome. There was once an address blunder but it was sorted out immediately through customer service in a very efficient and professional manner.

The best so far is Canada Post.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 05:47 PM   #48
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

UPS just sucks.. Leaves everything at the door when signature is required. DHL likes taxing on small amounts just to get the $10 bux extra.

Canada post is the best so far
dyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 08:00 PM   #49
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,694 Times in 1,625 Posts
I came back in here 12 hours after my original post just to say again:

Fuck UPS.

All of you guys who've had good experiences with UPS are extremely lucky.

I would rather have Tetanus than willingly give UPS any of my money.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-25-2014, 08:51 AM   #50
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
i ranted about this in another post.

had about a set of wheels delivered to me ups ground last january from florida. because of weight the seller went to a ups store and they packaged it in two boxes (two wheels per box). the ups store handled the export paperwork as well.

because of weather on the east coast at the time, the shipment arrives 4 days late. my shipping address is a ups store so i was able to preauthorize the brokerage fees on my credit card upon delivery.

i go and pick them up and realize that the paperwork does not show one shipment of two packages, but instead says two shipments with one package each. as a result, ups charged duties/brokerage/taxes twice.

i spend another 3 days arguing with ups on the phone. during this time they have already billed my credit card (the one thing ups is guaranteed fast at doing). finally i get instructions to contact the ups store that messed up the paperwork and have them fix it and fax it to them (no email. is this the stone age?). ups eventually reverses the initial charges and says they will send me a revised invoice in the mail.

fast forward to may. i get a notice from a collections agency saying i did not pay ups. WTF? i contact ups yet again and tell them i did not get a &@%! revised invoice, which they mail out to me. when i get it i discover they have charged me an additional $25 for "reprocessing".

i call again and ask why should i pay for their mistakes. their explanation was that ups stores are not part of ups and are only franchises, so it's technically not ups' fault. i gave up at that point... the stress was not worth $25.

"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds

Last edited by thumper; 05-25-2014 at 12:59 PM.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote