REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 06-13-2014, 08:49 AM   #26
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
You shouldn't flip someone off unless you're ready to fight? Seriously? People need to calm their tits and not get so pissy over a hand gesture cause honking doesn't work unless they're directly in front of you.
While I completely agree that people can be very hot-headed but it is an instigating move. Say you finger someone and they come up to you to confront you. Then what? You just lock yourself in your car and call the police? If I finger someone I feel that I'm egging them on and I only do it if I'm prepared to back it up. Hope for the best but prepare for the worst. Just my $0.02
Advertisement
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 09:06 AM   #27
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
You shouldn't flip someone off unless you're ready to fight? Seriously? People need to calm their tits and not get so pissy over a hand gesture cause honking doesn't work unless they're directly in front of you.
I'm not saying people shouldn't chill out, but the reality is there are plenty of people out there who won't hesitate to pull you out of your car for flipping them off. So knowing that, and yet you still do it, you better be ready to deal with the consequences.
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 09:17 AM   #28
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedBB6 View Post
I had this happen to me once.
Was driving a in North Van and there was an old cab (no longer a cab) on the side of the street so I drove around it like any other parked car and went on my way.
Guy came flying up beside me, tried to open his door but was to close to the side of my car and smashed his door into the passenger door. He pulled ahead, got out and jumped on the hood of my car, started going off and pounding the window and hood.
Called the cops, they were not willing to do a dam thing as there was no "proof" despite the fact I have witnesses to what happened.
The driver of the other car claimed that I had cut him off and nearly killed him......not to mention he looked like he had just spent the day in a crack house.
Good luck getting the car fixed up, but take it as a reminder of what not to do. If you are around a bad driver, just let them get as far from you as you can. Save yourself the headache.
just because there were witnesses, doesn't mean they were willing to cooperate with police. There's a difference.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 09:22 AM   #29
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by white rocket View Post
While I completely agree that people can be very hot-headed but it is an instigating move. Say you finger someone and they come up to you to confront you. Then what? You just lock yourself in your car and call the police? If I finger someone I feel that I'm egging them on and I only do it if I'm prepared to back it up. Hope for the best but prepare for the worst. Just my $0.02
Although flipping someone the bird isn't grounds for having your car damaged or being beat up... OP has to realize that there are nutsos out there. I agree with you in that you should be prepared for the situation to escalate if you do something like that..... If someone accidentally bumped into OP on the sidewalk, would OP say "fuck you!", and not expect them to react to that? Some may but some def won't.

Again, what that guy did was wrong, but OP wasn't so innocent either. People are always quick to jump to the conclusion that the other driver is deliberately putting them at risk during traffic incidents. If the same situation happened on the sidewalk or in the shopping mall, people usually brush it off as an accident or no big deal... Something about being in a vehicle makes people think they are untouchable. Everyone probably has been in a situation where they were honked at and almost caused an accident without even know and when they did realize, they were like "oh shit my bad". Who knows.. this guy probably had no idea why OP honked and subsequently flipped him off.. . . Just putting another perspective out there.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:40 AM   #30
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,831 Times in 587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
just because there were witnesses, doesn't mean they were willing to cooperate with police. There's a difference.
They were, and gave a statement to the police. Two separate vehicles and 3 different people all said the same thing.
Cop did nothing about it because the guy denied he did anything despite the paint transfer and the witness statements.

I can understand that its our word against there's but letting people like this allowed to drive on the road and get away with crap like this......fain on the North Van RCMP right there.

07-17 G37 RWD Coupe Coilovers FOR SALE BRAND NEW
BoostedBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 09:49 AM   #31
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

After this experience..

Minnionator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 09:59 AM   #32
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedBB6 View Post
They were, and gave a statement to the police. Two separate vehicles and 3 different people all said the same thing.
Cop did nothing about it because the guy denied he did anything despite the paint transfer and the witness statements.

I can understand that its our word against there's but letting people like this allowed to drive on the road and get away with crap like this......fain on the North Van RCMP right there.
hmmm that's a shame... did ICBC take care of it? If you report it to ICBC, they can conduct their own investigation and get the \Police report. If there are witnesses to support your side of the story, you should be ok.