REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 06-12-2014, 06:39 PM   #1
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

road rage driving incidents? need help

So today some dude cut me off, chased me down in an extremely unsafe manner, got out of his car and threatened me. He then bashed on my window and roof a bunch, spat at me, kicked my door (leaving a large dent) and the sped off.

Middle aged asian male with patchy facial hair, driving a gold SUV. Looked to be maybe a newer (like 2005-2008?) 4-runner or maybe pathfinder.

My car: lowered '93 white Integra.

Took place in Vancouver on knight st south near 54th (I think? Not sure of the block) around 6:15 pm on June 12, 2014. I didnt get his plates. He sped off. I vaguely rememebr seeing a 7 and a K from his plates in my mirrors.

Sound like somone you know? Maybe you saw this happen? Get in touch with me. This guy was being ridiculously unsafe.

Have any tips as to what I should do? Is this even the right subforum? Have you dealt with something kike this before? What did you do? Id like to hear how you solved your issues.

Thanks!
Advertisement
Minnionator is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-12-2014, 06:50 PM   #2
My homepage has been set to RS

i think you're going to have to provide more details because a guy just doesn't suddenly cut you off, chase you down and assault you/car.
FatalCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-12-2014, 06:56 PM   #3
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Need full story
Old 06-12-2014, 07:10 PM   #4
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
Give a full story or don't post. I can't imagine what you could possibly have done for him to do such ridiculous things. He's prob crazy in his head, but you couldn't even get his plates down?
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:15 PM   #5

We were both in the left lane stuck behind someone turning left at an intersection, me a few cars back from him. I pulled out to change lanes since there was no traffic in the right lane. He didnt shoulder check and proceed to pull out infront of me, cutting me off. I honked and he kept going, so I went around him and flipped him off for almost hitting me, not shoulder checking, and not yielding to moving traffic in the other lane. I guess that broke his ego and he lost his shit. He then pulled out behind me, tailgated me for about a block, passed me and cut me off again and brake checked HARD infront of me, causing me to nearly rear end him. I went around him AGAIN and he did the same thing again. We got stuck at a red light and he started beaking, then raged, then got out and started losing his shit.

Last edited by Minnionator; 06-12-2014 at 07:33 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-12-2014, 07:17 PM   #6

I fully admit I shouldn't have flipped him off. Its rude. But seriously. He cut me off numerous times internationally and drove extrmely recklessly, just so he could start a fight.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-12-2014, 07:30 PM   #7

Couldn't get his plates as this happened with his car along side mine. I was focused on not causing a full on accident. Then the light went green and I started to move forwards, to get his plate. he got in his car and turned off. So I was only able to see his plate in my rear view mirror for a split second.

Last edited by Minnionator; 06-12-2014 at 07:37 PM.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:08 PM   #8

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Meh, you're both in the wrong; him moreso.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:21 PM   #9
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
You let someone attack you ....don't you feel like your life was in danger when the guy came full on attack mode? I would have opened my door at the guy for attacking my car and fearing my life in danger. I have every right to defend myself.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:23 PM   #10
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Don't give people the finger unless you want to instigate a fight. Use your horn, it lets them know they did something wrong, and that's all the goal should be.

Anything more than using your horn is looking to instigate a fight.

Have fun getting your your car fixed, cause your completely poor description of the car make&model, and license plate means that there is pretty much no chance of finding this guy.

Also: Get a dashcam.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:23 PM   #11

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
^ So in fear of your life, you'd jump out of your 3000lb LOCKED box of steel and reinforced glass, and have a go at him hand to hand?

Why the fuck wouldn't you just drive away?!

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT

Last edited by dared3vil0; 06-12-2014 at 09:28 PM.
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-12-2014, 09:37 PM   #12
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
If someone was smashing your Mustang and damaged your ride while you are sitting in the car, just drive off......
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:39 PM   #13

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
Yup, i'd drive off while on the phone with 911. Who gives a flying fuck if some dude smashes your car, i don't know what you drive but my car is worth a HELL of a lot less than my life. Common. Fucking. Sense.

2021 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:01 PM   #14
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
Can't do much if you don't have at least a license plate #. Get a dashcam. Why would you get people to call you? You should have at least a file# with VPD so people could contact them.
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 12:06 AM   #15
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Time to invest in a dash cam and dude you seem pretty calm seeing how this guy dented up your car? I would have went ape shit on the guy if he kicked my car door, like wtf is up with that.

But in all seriousness, if you get yourself into a similar situation next time, dial 911 and get the plate #. The 911 operator will tell you not to engage with the person raging and patch you in with cops in that area to figure out where you are. If you do get the plate # than the cops will show up at this persons house and have a talk with them.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 01:58 AM   #16
I don't get it

Lots of faggots road raging lately..
SeedBNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 02:14 AM   #17
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
i never understood the point of giving someone the finger during something like this lol.
youre just asking for trouble.

It couldve been worst, homie coulda came out with his steering wheel lock and smashed your window, then your face.

lol
Fafine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 02:23 AM   #18
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,399 Times in 396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnionator View Post
I fully admit I shouldn't have flipped him off. Its rude. But seriously. He cut me off numerous times internationally and drove extrmely recklessly, just so he could start a fight.
v_tec is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-13-2014, 03:11 AM   #19
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnionator View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by v_tec View Post
When cutting someone off locally just isn't enough.
Gazorcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-13-2014, 04:04 AM   #20
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,070 Times in 229 Posts
honestly, if you're gonna give someone the finger, you better be prepared to get out of the car and settle things physically. if you're not, then avoid doing things like that.

or you can do what i do, whenever people perform dangerous manoeuvres around me, i pull up next to them and do the:

and they usually get the point. no need to get confrontational.
Shorn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-13-2014, 07:46 AM   #21

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
Flipping the bird was the wrong move if you are not willing to back it up. Plain and simple.
If you are not willing to be confrontational then grab a plate number, drive off safely and call the police.

I'm thinking if you didn't flip the bird then he wouldn't have lost his shit. As some have said, a horn honk is acceptable to inform another driver of their possible judgement error but a middle finger can be taken in a very negative light and cause some unneeded drama in your life. Unless you are ready for it, don't even think about doing it.
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:10 AM   #22

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
While I agree you shouldn't finger anyone unless you're ready to get out of your car and fight, it amazes me how much some people lose their shit by a hand gesture.
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-13-2014, 08:17 AM   #23
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,831 Times in 587 Posts
I had this happen to me once.
Was driving a in North Van and there was an old cab (no longer a cab) on the side of the street so I drove around it like any other parked car and went on my way.
Guy came flying up beside me, tried to open his door but was to close to the side of my car and smashed his door into the passenger door. He pulled ahead, got out and jumped on the hood of my car, started going off and pounding the window and hood.
Called the cops, they were not willing to do a dam thing as there was no "proof" despite the fact I have witnesses to what happened.
The driver of the other car claimed that I had cut him off and nearly killed him......not to mention he looked like he had just spent the day in a crack house.
Good luck getting the car fixed up, but take it as a reminder of what not to do. If you are around a bad driver, just let them get as far from you as you can. Save yourself the headache.

07-17 G37 RWD Coupe Coilovers FOR SALE BRAND NEW
BoostedBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-13-2014, 08:21 AM   #24

↑ thats whack!

And lol, internationally. Phone autocorrect. And ya, definitely was not about to leave my locked car and get in a fist fight in the middle of an intersection. Its a shame I couldn't get his plate. I guess I learned a shitty lesson, but MAN was he raging. Thanks for the advice.

Last edited by Minnionator; 06-13-2014 at 08:41 AM.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:25 AM   #25
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,910 Times in 3,872 Posts
You shouldn't flip someone off unless you're ready to fight? Seriously? People need to calm their tits and not get so pissy over a hand gesture cause honking doesn't work unless they're directly in front of you.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: